【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 89/Summer Solstice 夏至(三)

【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 89/Summer Solstice 夏至(三)

00:00
16:04

Summer Solstice(3)

夏至(三)



I want to fly far away, this is only a dream

我想飞去远方,那只是梦想


During the time I was sent back home, I was in a state of real uncertainty,

回到国内的那段时间很迷茫

because I still had an excessive drive to want to learn,

因为自己想学的劲头还很足

> drive [draɪv]  

n.驱动器;驱车旅行;驱动力;车道

Eg. We went for a drive in the afternoon.  

我们下午开车出去兜风。

Eg. He is clever but he won't succeed because he lacks drive.

他是很聪明,但是没有干劲,做事不会成功。

Eg. There is no disk in the drive.

这个驱动器上没有磁盘。

v.驱动;开车;驾驶;迫使

过去式: drove过去分词: driven现在分词: driving

Eg. That music drives me crazy.

那音乐使我发疯。

but I did not know whether I could still go back or not.

却不知道自己还能不能再回去

But at that time, I had begun to know,

但那个时候我已经开始知道

that as long as I learnt things, then there's no need to be afraid. 

自己只有学到东西才不会害怕

So while I waited for news, I started to learn a variety of new things on my own, 

于是我一边等消息,一边开始自己学习各种新鲜的东西

I learnt how to play the Hulusi, I learnt the piano. I learnt the guitar.

学葫芦丝,学钢琴,学吉他


There is one more thing, I wrote emails to the company's staff every day.

还有一件事,每天给公司的姐姐写邮件

She looked after us when I was a trainee in Korea.

姐姐是我在韩国做练习生时带我们的人

She was the one who arranged our living, and training while we were in Korea.

由她安排我们在韩国时的生活、学习


"Jie jie, I have prepared this."

“姐姐,我准备好这个了。”

"Jie jie, how is he doing?"

“姐姐,他怎么样了?”

"Jie jie, can you let me come back?"

“姐姐,让我回去吧?”

I would send an email every single day.

每天都会发出一封封的邮件

Actually at that time I had already calmed down,

其实那时候我已经冷静下来了

my heart was filled with so much guilt,

心里很内疚

> guilt [gɪlt]

n.罪行,犯罪行为;内疚,知罪;自责

Eg. We now have the absolute proof of his guilt.

我们现在有他犯罪的确凿证据。

Eg. Jenny has feelings of guilt about leaving him.

对于离开他,珍妮感到非常自责。

guilty [ˈgɪlti]

adj.有罪的;内疚的

Eg. I feel so guilty about not visiting you. 

没有去拜访你,我深感内疚。

if the other party really had a scar remaining because of the injury, what would I do?

对方如果真的因为受伤而留疤怎么办?

> scar [skɑ:(r)]

n. 疤痕;伤痕;断崖

Eg. The early years of fear left a deep scar on the young boy. 

早年的恐惧不安给这个小男孩留下了深深的创伤。

v. 结疤;痊愈

过去式: scarred过去分词: scarred现在分词: scarring

Eg. He was scarred for life during a fight. 

在一次打斗中,他留下了永久性的伤疤。

Eg. The cut on his finger will eventually scar over.

他指头上的伤口最后会结疤痊愈。

When I was sending the emails, my whole heart was full of nothing but regret.

发邮件的时候,心里满满的都是抱歉

Until later, when I heard she say that it was nothing serious,

直到后来听到姐姐说对方没有大碍

only then was I able to heave a sigh of relief.

才松了一口

> heave [hi:v]  

v. 用力举起;抛出;使起伏;扔;恶心;呕吐;气喘

过去式: heaved过去分词: heaved现在分词: heaving

Eg. Heave this box onto the top shelf. 

把这个箱子举到最上一层搁板上。

Eg. It's a very bad thing to heave things around.

把东西到处乱扔是很不好的习惯。

Eg. The ship heaves with wave.

船随着波浪颠簸。

Eg. My stomach heaved and I felt sick. 

我的胃翻腾起来,直想呕吐。

n. 举起;起伏;隆起;呕吐

Eg. One more heave and we'll have done this week's mission.

再加把劲,我们就完成这个星期的任务了。


Once I had calmed down. I felt like I could feel my own heartbeat,

当平静下来之后,我感觉摸到了自己的心跳

as well as that unknown thing from deep within my heart.

以及心里的那不可知的东西


BGM:陈戈 - Melody(cover陶喆)

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!