【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 80/Grain in ear 芒种(四)

【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 80/Grain in ear 芒种(四)

00:00
12:59

Grain in Ear(4)

芒种(四)


At that time, everyone was stunned,

当时所有人都愣住了

> stun [stʌn]

vt. 使震惊;使目瞪口呆;使昏迷

过去式: stunned 过去分词: stunned 现在分词: stunning 

Eg. We were stunned by her beauty.

我们被她的美丽惊呆了。

Eg. The bad news stunned me.

这坏消息使我感到震惊。

Eg. If you can keep up, one day you will stun people with your mastery of English. 

如果你坚持下去,总有一天人们将会对你掌握英语的程度目瞪口呆。

n. 震惊;晕眩;打击

the room was in absolute silence, nobody answered.

房间里鸦雀无声,没有一个人回答

 

“You came to this company, for what purpose?",

“你来这个公司,是为了什么?”

she questioned us assertively.

姐姐非常有气势地问我们

 

That's right, what did I go to Korea for? 

是啊,我到韩国到底是为了什么?

What is my dream?

我的梦想是什么?

I stayed in the company for a whole three months!

我在公司待了整整三个月!

I wasted three months for nothing!

我白白浪费了三个月!

I was only waiting, waiting for the company to make arrangements,

我只是在等,等公司安排

waiting for other people to teach me, my time was wasted. 

等别人教我,我的时间都是浪费的

Now that I'm back home. I'm wasting my time playing around yet again,

现在回国了,又浪费时间到处玩

while all my other peers in Korea are improving every single day!

而韩国的伙伴每天都在进步!

 

What about me? I am still the same as I was three months ago!

我呢?我还是和三个月前一样!

Am I really worthy of the things that I gave up when I set off with my original ambitions?

我真的对得起自己当初雄心勃勃出发时放弃的东西吗?

> set off 出发;(使)开始;引起;点燃

Eg. I set off for a new adventure in the new city on the first day of the new year. 

新年第一天,我在这个新的城市开始了一次新的冒险。

Eg. Awful international relations can set off a war.

糟糕的国际关系可能会引起一场战争。

Eg. People often set off some fireworks on New Year’s Eve to celebrate the festival.

人们常会在新年前夜点燃焰火来庆祝节日。

But I can't go back now! That's how everything should be!

现在回不去了!都是应该的!

How much longer do you think you could waste your time?

你以为时间还有多长可以浪费?

 

I silently swore to God in my heart, please let me go back!

我暗自在内心向老天发誓,请让我回去吧!

I will definitely not waste any more time.

我一定不会再浪费时间了

I want to learn the things I hope to learn, I will give my very best.

我要学到我希望学习的东西,我会拼尽我的全力

Bad at dancing, then attend dance lessons.

舞蹈不好,就学舞蹈

Bad at singing, then practise singing.

唱歌不好,就练唱歌

I will not allow myself to regret again.

我不会再让自己后悔

 

When I realized my determination at the time, 

当我意识到了我的决心的时候

I vaguely felt something move deep down in my heart,

会隐约感到有什么东西在我心底深处动了一下

> vaguely [ˈveɪgli]   

adv.隐约地;含糊地;茫然地;暧昧的

Eg. His face looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't think why.

他的面孔似曾相识,但我记不起来了。

vague [veɪg]

adj.模糊的;不清楚的;含糊的;暧昧的

Eg. I'm quite vague about what happened.

我对发生的事很不了解。

Eg. Through the mist I could just see a vague figure.

透过迷雾,我只能看见一个模糊的人影。

as though it was drilling its way out for me to see!

好像要钻出来让我看见!

> drill [drɪl]

v. 练习;钻孔;(军事)训练

过去式: drilled 过去分词: drilled 现在分词: drilling 

Eg. The workman is drilling in the wall.

工人正在墙上打孔。

Eg. You'd better set a goal before you start the drill.

练习开始前,你最好设定一个目标。

n. 钻孔机;钻子;反复操练;播种机

Eg. I need a drill to make a hole in the wall. 

我需用钻子在墙上钻个孔。


Eg. The soldiers will have drill this afternoon. 

士兵今天下午出操。


BGM:陈嘉盈 - 追光者 钢琴版



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!