【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 73/Corn Forms 小满(五)

【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 73/Corn Forms 小满(五)

00:00
14:30

Corn Forms(5)

小满(五)


The first three months after arriving in the company,

刚到公司的头三个月

were still mainly focused on language learning.

主要还是在学习语言

Basic lessons weren't yet scheduled,

基础的课程还没有排下来

I wasn't sure about the future arrangements either.

未来的安排也不清楚

I didn't want to stay in the dorm,

我不想待在宿舍

so I often hung out alone on the level where the practice rooms were.

很多时候就一个人在练习室的楼层晃荡

> hang [hæŋ]

v. 悬挂;(使)低垂;悬浮(在空中);逗留;绞死

过去式: hung 过去分词: hung 现在分词: hanging

Eg. My coat is hanging on the hook.

我的外套正挂在钩子上。

Eg. You may hang your coat on the hook.

你可以把外套挂在钩子上。

Eg. She hung her head in shame.

她羞愧地低下头。

hang out 挂出;闲逛;垂下;拖延;坚持(战斗

Eg. We can just hang out and have a good time. 

我们可以只是闲逛一下,开开心。

n. 悬挂方式;悬挂;绞刑

Eg. It’s not difficult once you get the hang of it.

只要你掌握了要领就不难了。


That is a terrifying state一

那是一种很惶恐的状态

when the world around you seemed to have nothing to do with you, 

周围的世界好像和你没关系

everyone is busy, everyone has their own arrangements,

人人都很忙,人人都有自己的安排

they’re speaking in a language you don't understand,

他们说着你听不懂的话

everything looked confidently in hand.

一切都胸有成竹的样子

And you, who seemed to have easily acquired the chance to be a trainee,

而你自己,在国内好像很轻松地就拿到了练习生的机会

proudly coming to Korea with thoughts of carving out a career for yourself.

得意洋洋地来到韩国想要大干一番事业

> carve [kɑ:v]

v. 雕刻;切割

过去式: carved 过去分词: carved 现在分词: carving

Eg. Carve the beef into slices. 

把牛肉切成片。

Eg. The wood has been carved into the shape of a flower.

木头被雕刻成了花朵状。

carve out 雕刻出…;用辛勤的劳动创造出…;开拓

Eg. The statue was carved out of marble.

这座雕像是用大理石雕刻的。

Eg. Hope you can carve out a place for yourself in the global market. 

希望你能在全球市场开辟出一席之地。

But once you take a casual glance at the situation, without even having to compare,

但随便一看,都不用比

> casual [ˈkæʒuəl]

adj. 非正式的;漫不经心的;偶然的;临时的;休闲的

副词: casually 名词: casualness

Eg. The two old friends have a casual meeting.

这两位老朋友不期而遇。

Eg. He took casual job to support the family.

他做些临时性的工作来养家。

n. 便装;临时工

Eg. I’d like to be dressed in casuals on weekend.

周末我更愿意穿便装。

Eg. It became increasingly expensive to hire casual workers.

雇用临时工越来越贵了。

you already know that you are lacking so much.

你就知道自己差太远了

The things you learnt in the past are just like maize that has been gnawed on by a dog — a chaotic mess.

以前学的东西都像狗啃过的包谷似的,凌乱得一塌糊涂

You don't even know where to begin your learning.

甚至不知道自己该从哪里再开始学起


Just like that, I shouldered the growing fear in my heart,

我就这样扛着一个内心越来越惶恐的自我

and hung out around the different floors of the company.

在公司的楼层里晃来晃去

I was completely unable to notice that I might have forgotten to knock when I entered a room,

根本注意不到自己可能在进门的时候会忘记敲门

when practising I didn't book (the practice room) beforehand,

在练习的时候没有预约

> beforehand [bɪˈfɔ:hænd]  

adv.提前;事先,预先 = in advance

Eg. I have made preparations beforehand.

我预先作了准备。

Eg. We congratulate you beforehand on your success. 

我们预祝你事业成功。

adj.提前的;预先准备好的

Eg. Don't be beforehand in making up your mind.

不要过早做决定。

and I didn't greet the seniors when I saw them.

在见到哥哥们的时候,没有打招呼

But Korea is a country with strict hierarchy,

而韩国是一个有着严格等级制度的国家

everyone pays great importance to the rules between a senior and a junior.

所有人都很重视前辈和晚辈之间的规矩

If you don't know them, and don't pay attention,

你不懂,你不注意

then misunderstandings may arise.

就可能产生误会


BGM:Michael Jackson - Will You Be There

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!