【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 64/Beginning of Summer 立夏(八)

【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 64/Beginning of Summer 立夏(八)

00:00
16:55

Beginning of Summer(8)

立夏(8)


The second day after I moved in, I set my alarm clock for 6 o'clock.

住进来的第二天,我把闹钟调到了六点

I didn't know why I hadn't woken up.

结果不知道为什么居然没醒

I woke up an hour late, it was already 7 o'clock.

起来晚了一个小时,已经是七点钟了

At the time I looked at the alarm clock and got a shock,

当时一看闹钟吓了一跳

my entire being was fully awake, I thought. "Oh no!",

整个人都清醒过来,心想糟了!

with no other choice, I quickly turned around and got out of bed,

没办法,赶紧一翻身就起了床

carrying my backpack, without tidying up, without washing my hair either,

背起背包,什么都没打理,头也没洗

I wore a pair of practice pants,

穿了一条练功的裤子

carried an bag over the shoulder and bolted to the company.

背着一个斜挎包就狂奔到了公司

> bolt [bəʊlt]

bolted -bolted -boltingbolts

v.(突然)逃离;闩住;狼吞虎咽;用螺栓固定

Eg. The frightened boy bolted all the doors and windows.

这个吓坏了的孩子闩上了所有的门窗。

Eg. I saw a man bolt out of our back door.

我看到一个男人从我们家的后门窜出去。

Eg. Don't bolt your food, or you'll get indigestion!

别这么狼吞虎咽,不然你会消化不良的!

n. 门闩;螺栓;一卷布;弩箭

Eg. Loosen the bolt so the door can be opened 

松一松门闩好打开门。

adv. 挺直地

Eg. The trees lining the road stand bolt upright, just like two green walls. 

两边的树笔直笔直的,像两道绿色的墙。

 

When I arrived the sky had only just began to dawn,

到的时候天刚蒙蒙亮

the door was still tightly shut, there was no one at all.

大门还紧紧关着,什么人都没有

The company relies on a fingerprint scanner for entry,

公司是凭指纹系统进出的

> scanner  [ˈskænɚ]  

n.扫描仪;扫描设备

scan [skæn]

scanned-scanned-scanning,scans

v. 扫描;浏览;审视;细看;合韵律

Eg. Could you teach me how to scan an image?

你可以教我如何扫描一个影像吗?

Eg. I'm too busy to read the whole newspaper, I just scan (through) the headline.

我太忙了,没法看整份报纸,只是浏览了一下大标题。

Eg. I scanned every line of the list for my name.

我仔细查找着名单的每一行,看看有没有我的名字。

n. 扫描;浏览;细看

Eg. He was rushed to hospital for a brain scan.

他被火速送往医院做脑部扫描。

at the time I hadn't submitted my fingerprint, so I couldn't get through the door.

当时我还没有采集指纹,所以进不了门

> submit [səbˈmɪt]

submitted-submitted -submitting ,submits

vt.提交,递交;使服从,使顺从

Eg. I have to submit my report to my tutor by next Wednesday. 

我必须在下星期三前向我的导师提交报告。

Eg. We have to submit ourselves to discipline.

我们必须遵守纪律。

vi.顺从,服从;甘受,忍受

Eg. He submitted unwillingly to his mother.

他不情愿地屈服于他母亲。


I waited at the entrance. I kept waiting for a long while,

我在门口等着,一直等了很久

back then I took a look at the time, I had actually just sat there for two hours.

当时看看时间,居然干坐了两个小时

> back then

那时;当时;(回溯)当年——只能指过去的时间,而且更多是表示过去的某个较长的时间

Eg. I cannot forget the good times we had together back then.

我不能忘记以前我们所拥有过的快乐时光。

at that time

那时;当时——可以指一个比较具体的短时间,也可以是一段较长的时间;一般指过去,亦可指将来

Eg. At that time I was shocked.

当时我被吓着了。

Eg. The hot water will cool down in about 10 minutes. You'll be able to drink it at that time.

等过了10分钟,水会凉下来,你就能喝了。

At that time the sun had nearly already risen,

那时太阳已经快出来了

suddenly there was a senior from a different department who walked up in front of me,

突然有一个别的部门的哥哥走到我面前

asking me who I was,

问我是谁

I quickly stood up and replied that I was a trainee there.

我赶紧站起身回答说我是这里的练习生

Then that senior didn't say a thing,

然后那个哥哥也没说什么

and went to the reception to make a call.

就去前台打了一个电话

Not long after, a senior girl from the trainee department came over,

没过多久,一个练习部的姐姐过来了

and asked me why I'd come so early, then led me in.

问我怎么这么早就来了,然后就把我领进去了

I only found out later, our practice time started at 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

后来我才知道,我们的学习时间是下午一点才开始

Oh, next time I have to find out about these things clearly,

哦,下次要问清楚一点

and not believe in the rumours I hear.

不要听信谣言

> rumour [ˈru:mə(r)] =<美>rumor

n.流言;传闻,谣言

Eg. I heard a rumour that they are getting married.

我听到传闻,说他们要结婚了。

Eg. Rumour has it that the president is coming to visit our school.

传说总统要来我们学校参观。

Eg. There's a rumour that the president is coming here to speak.

有传闻说总统要来这里演讲。

vt.传闻,谣传—rumoured-rumoured-rumouring,rumours

Eg. She is rumoured to have been married in England.

Eg. It is rumoured that she has been married in England.

谣传她已经在英国结婚。

 

That day was the first time I went to the company by myself,

那天是我第一次一个人去公司

it was a very special experience.

很特别的一次经历

When I foolishly stood alone downstairs,

当我一个人傻站在空无一人的大楼底下

I suddenly thought of a song like this, , by David Tao.

突然想到一首这样的歌,《找自己》,陶喆的。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!