【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 65/Beginning of Summer 立夏(九)

【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 65/Beginning of Summer 立夏(九)

00:00
19:23

Beginning of Summer(9)

立夏(9)


 

Yes I really was finding myself.

是的,我真的是在找自己

No, maybe this song should be called , 

不对,也许我这首歌应该叫《自己找》

finding what I had to do,

自己找要干什么

finding the dance studio, finding the vocal practice room.

找舞蹈室,找练歌房

The me back then didn't know what I should do,

那时我也不知道自己该干什么

seeing that there was a piano in the piano room,  

看到琴房里有一架钢琴

I just sat on it, and played an etude from before.

就往前一坐,弹以前的练习曲

After playing I didn't know what to do either, so I sang a song;

弹完了也不知道做什么,就唱了唱歌

after singing I didn't know what I should do, so I went to dance,

唱完歌之后又不知道该做什么,就去跳舞

after dancing I went back to the piano room again to play the piano...

跳完了舞之后又继续回到琴房里去弹钢琴……

after spending 3-4 hours like this, I saw people gradually arrive.

这样过了三四个小时之后,就看见陆续有人来了

 

At 1 to 2 o'clock in the afternoon because I dumbly kept not knowing what I had to do,

到下午一两点的时候,因为傻乎乎一直不知道自己要干吗


> dumbly [dʌmlɪ]

adv.无言地,沉默地;愚笨地

Eg. He stood there dumbly and waited for two hours.

他呆呆的站在那里等了两个小时。

dumb [dʌm]  

adj.哑的;不能说话的;沉默的;愚蠢的

Eg. He has been deaf and dumb from birth. 

他生来就又聋又哑。

Eg. It was dumb of you to say that. 

你说这种话太愚蠢了。


I just stood by the side to watch others practice.

就在旁边看着别人练习

 

When I was wandering in the underground practice rooms,

我在地下练习室徘徊的时候

I saw that there was someone practising dance in the dance practice room, it was a girl.

看到跳舞室有人在练跳舞,是个女生

So I pulled open the door and went in, 

于是我把门拉开进去了

seeing that she was stretching, so I followed her in stretching,

看到她在拉筋,我就跟她一起拉

then I followed her, learning her movements.

然后跟她学,学她的动作

My body's flexibility wasn't as good as a girl's,

我的身体柔韧度没有女孩子那么好


> flexibility [ˌfleksə'bɪlətɪ]

n.柔度;柔韧性,灵活性;伸缩性;可塑度

Eg. Plan ahead but keep flexibility.

事前计划,但要保持弹性。




flexible [ˈfleksəbl]



adj.柔韧的;易弯曲的;灵活的


Eg. This tube is flexible but tough.




这管子柔软但很坚固。

Eg. We should stick to the principles and be flexible as well. 


既要有原则性,也要有灵活性。






so I kept learning her movements, what I had to do, how I should stretch.

但是就一直跟着学她的动作,要怎么做,要怎么去伸展

 

While stretching, that girl laughed at me,

拉筋的时候,那个女生就对着我笑

I could tell that she wasn't mocking me,

我看得出来那不是嘲笑



> mock [mɒk]

mocked -mocked -mockingmocks

v. 嘲弄;嘲笑;模仿

Eg. We should not mock other people's beliefs.

我们不应该嘲笑别人的信仰。


Eg. I have a pet monkey which attempts to mock all my actions.

我养了一只猴子当宠物,它试图模仿我所有的动作。

n. 嘲笑;模仿;戏弄

Eg. I thought you were making a mock of me.

我还以为你是在嘲笑我。


adj. 假的;伪装的;模拟的

Eg. He spoke to her in a mock serious manner. 

他以一种假正经的态度跟她说话。




she just felt that it was very funny.

就是觉得特别搞笑

I thought, was she laughing because l couldn't stretch well?

我在想她是在笑我拉筋不行吗?

But it didn't seem like that...

但好像又不是……

it was only later that I found out,

后来我才知道

the company’s practice rooms and piano rooms had to be booked in advance,

公司的练功房或琴房是需要提前预约的

it wasn't that whoever came first could occupy it,

不是谁先来谁先占的


> occupy [ˈɒkjupaɪ]  

occupied - occupied -occupying ,occupies

vt.占领;使用,住在…;使从事,使忙碌;任职


Eg. Reading occupies most of my free time.

阅读占去了我大部分的闲暇时间。
Eg. She is now fully occupied with her homework.





她现在在专心致志地做家庭作业。

Eg. You can't fully occupy yourself with games.














Eg. You can't fully occupy yourself in playing games.

不要把你所有的时间都用来玩游戏





and boys and girls could not practice together,

而且男女生是不可以一起练习的

if you wanted to practise only females could go with females,

要练习的话只能女的跟女的

males went with males,

男的跟男的一起练

but I hadn’t known that.

但我不知道这个事情

 

A foreign environment is always so huge,

陌生的环境总是那么大

you will stumble over every speck of dust.

因为你会被每一颗灰尘绊住

> stumble [ˈstʌmbl]

stumbled -stumbled-stumblingstumbles

v. 绊倒;蹒跚;犯错误;无意中发现

Eg. I stumbled on/over a tree root.

我在一个树根上绊了一跤。

Eg. We were stumbling around in the dark looking for a candle.

我们跌跌撞撞地在黑暗中寻找蜡烛。

Eg. If you stumble across the book, keep it for me.

如果你碰巧看到那本书,就给我留下。 

n. 绊倒;错误

Eg. Don’t lose your confidence just because of a few small stumbles.

不要因为一些小小的错误就失去信心。


BGM:陶喆 -找自己 

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!