克里斯汀·斯科特·托马斯 | 朗读诗歌《割草机》

克里斯汀·斯科特·托马斯 | 朗读诗歌《割草机》

00:00
01:18

The Mower

《割草机》


——by Philip Larkin


The mower stalled, twice; kneeling, I found

割草机熄火了,两次;跪下来,我发现

A hedgehog jammed up against the blades,

一只刺猬被卡在了刀刃上,

Killed. It had been in the long grass.

死了。它待在长长的草里。


I had seen it before, and even fed it, once.

从前我见过它,甚至还给它喂过食,一次。

Now I had mauled its unobtrusive world

现在我却伤害了它悄无声息的世界,

Unmendably.Burial was no help:

无法弥补。埋葬也无济于事:


Next morning I got up and it did not.

第二天早上我起床,而它却不会了。

The first day after a death, the new absence

死后的第一天,新的缺席

Is always the same;

变成永远的事实;


We should be careful of each other,

我们早该彼此

We should be kind

当心,早该心怀仁慈

While there is still time.

当一切还来得及。



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!