E13【双语精讲】Nick看穿了Judy的恐惧

E13【双语精讲】Nick看穿了Judy的恐惧

00:00
16:25

E13 Nick看穿了Judy的恐惧

原文及翻译 

Judy appeared in front of Nick, her face burning with anger. “I stood up for you. And you lied to me! You liar!” she yelled.

朱迪出现在尼克面前,脸上怒火冲天。“我之前还维护你, 而你却对我撒谎!你这个骗子!”她尖声叫道。


“It’s called a hustle, sweetheart,” said Nick coolly.

“这就叫买卖,亲爱的,”尼克冷冷地说道,


“And I’m not the liar, he is.” Nick pointed behind Judy.

“再说我也不是骗子,他才是。”说完,尼克指了指朱迪背后。


She turned but saw no one standing there. When she whipped back around, Nick was gone!

她转过去却发现没人站在那里。当她急忙再转回身时,尼克已溜之大吉!


Then she spotted his tail disappearing behind a corner.

就在这时,她发现尼克的尾巴逐渐消失在街角。


“Hey,” she said, hurrying to catch up as Nick strolled along. “All right, slick Nick, you’re under arrest.”

“嗨,”她说着,匆忙追上去,而尼克正闲庭信步,“好吧,

老滑头尼克,你被逮捕了。”


“Really, for what?”

“真的吗?什么理由?”


“Gee, I don’t know. How about selling food without a permit, transporting undeclared commerce across borough lines, false advertising—”

“呃,我不知道。你觉得这些理由怎么样 :未经许可贩卖食品,跨区运输未申报的商品,虚假广告——”


 “Permit.” Nick smiled as he showed Judy the document.

“许可证。”尼克面带笑容地将文件展示给朱迪看。


“Receipt of declared commerce.” He showed her a receipt. “

“贸易申报收据,”说着,他又把一张收据拿给她看了看,


“And I did not falsely advertise anything. Take care.”

“而我也没有为任何商品做虚假广告。说话当心点。”


“You told that mouse the pawpsicle sticks were redwood,” Judy said.

“你跟老鼠说梅花掌冰棒棍是红木。”朱迪说道。


“That’s right,” said Nick smugly. “Red. Wood. With a space in the middle. Wood that is red. You can’t touch me, Carrots. I’ve been doing this since I was born.”

“对啊,”尼克自鸣得意地说道,“红色,木头。中间有个停顿。红颜色的木头。你斗不过我的,胡萝卜。我从生出来就干这种事。”


“You’re gonna want to refrain from calling me Carrots.”

“你不可以叫我胡萝卜。”


“My bad,” said Nick. “I just naturally assumed you came from some little carrot-choked Podunk, no?”

“很抱歉,”尼克说道,“我只是想当然地认为你来自某个胡萝卜堆成山的波登克小镇,不是吗?”


“Ah, no,” Judy replied, as if to say “obviously not.”

“哦,不是,”朱迪回答道,似乎想说“显然不是”,


“Podunk is in Deerbrooke County. I grew up in Bunnyburrow.”

“波登克在迪尔布鲁克县。我是在兔窝镇长大的。”


“Okay. Tell me if this story sounds familiar.” Nick’s tone changed as he began to talk quickly and boldly.

“好吧。听听这个故事是不是很熟悉。”尼克的语速加快, 言辞激烈,语气也变了。


“Naïve little hick with good grades and big ideas decides, ‘Hey, look at me, I’m gonna move to Zootopia, where predators and prey live in harmony and sing “Kumbaya”!’

“天真的乡下小姑娘,学习成绩优秀, 胸怀远大抱负,下定决心说,‘嘿,看看我,我要搬去动物城了;在那里,食肉动物与猎物和睦相处,共唱圣歌!’


 Only to find—whoopsie, we don’t all get along. And that dream of being a big- city cop? Double whoopsie! She’s a meter maid.

结果却发现—— 糟糕,不是所有人都相处得那么融洽。那个想去大城市当警察 的梦想怎么样了呢?又糟了!她只是个处理违章停车的女交警。


And whoopsie number threesie, no one cares about her or her dreams. Soon enough those dreams die and our bunny sinks into emotional and literal squalor, living in a box under a bridge.

更糟糕的是,谁也不在乎她和她的梦想。很快,那些美梦就会破灭,而我们的小兔子就会沦落到道德败坏、生活悲惨的境地, 只能住在大桥底下的纸箱里。


Until, finally, she has no choice but to go back home with that cute fuzzy wuzzy tail between her legs to become—You’re from Bunnyburrow? So let’s say a carrot farmer? Sound about right?”

直到最终,她走投无路,只得拖 着那条毛茸茸的、可爱的尾巴,灰溜溜地卷铺盖回家,去当—— 你来自兔窝镇?那么比如说去当种胡萝卜的菜农?听上去合情合理吧?”


Judy stood speechless.

朱迪哑口无言地站在一旁。


She couldn’t believe Nick had figured out her fears so quickly.

尼克这么快就弄清楚了她的恐惧,她觉得匪夷所思。


A passing rhino almost pushed her down, knocking her out of her thoughts.

一头犀牛从旁边经过,差一点把她推倒, 将她从思绪中拉了回来。


重点单词

1.hustle n. 非法兜售(北美地区)


2.spot v. 认出,注意到或者发现

I finally spotted my friend in the crowd.

我终于在人群中看到了自己的朋友。

I soon spotted the differences between the two pictures.

两幅画来找茬,我一下子就看出来区别在哪儿了。


3.permit n. 许可证

residence permit 居住许可证

parking permit 停车许可证


4.refrain v. 克制或者避免

Please refrain from smoking. 请勿吸烟。


重点词组/句型

1.stand up for支持、拥护某人或者某个观点。

stand up for our rights 维护我们的权利

stand up for ourselves 保护我们自己

We stood up for what we believed to be right.

我们捍卫了自己认为正确的东西。


2.catch up 追上,赶上

I stopped and waited for him to catch up. 我停下来等他赶上来。

We have been racing to catch up with other developed countries. 我们一直在努力追赶其他发达国家。


3.under arrest 被逮捕

You’re under arrest!” 某某人,你被捕了。


4.sound familiar 听着耳熟

This song sounds familiar. 某首歌听起来耳熟。

This name sounds familiar. 某个人名听起来耳熟。


5.Have no choice but to do sth 走投无路或者别无他法只能

I have no choice but to accept your advice. 我也没别的选择,只能接受你的建议。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 倪克斯的修普诺斯

    我曾义无反顾,得来全是笑话

  • 李冰_pu

    速度太快了吧

  • 保护色YY

    哈哈这段看电影时特喜欢

  • 灿烂的纯净水

    喜欢😍

  • 听友262407325

    💯✔

  • 四尾龟

    每天听课打卡

  • JENNY涵薇

  • 雪仓仓fafa6

    🤙

  • 1364099bmmu

    这故事太好听👍

  • 动感光波嗖

    I like it very much