因为我不能停步等候死神 - 艾米莉·狄金森(美音)

因为我不能停步等候死神 - 艾米莉·狄金森(美音)

00:00
01:02

Because I could not stop for Death

by Emily Dickinson

请跟英语兔我一起读:

Because I could not stop for Death,

因为我不能停下来等待死神

He kindly stopped for me;

他和善地停下来等我--

The carriage held but just ourselves

那辆车只能容我们两个--

And Immortality.

还有不朽.

We slowly drove, he knew no haste,

我们慢慢驱车-- 他不慌不忙

And I had put away

我也把我的劳与闲

My labor, and my leisure too,

统统丢掉一边,

For his civility.

为了他的礼让--

We passed the school where children played,

我们走过校园, 孩子们你推我搡,

Their lessons scarcely done;

在休息时间, 在圆形广场 --

We passed the fields of gazing grain,

我们走过在田间凝眸的麦杆--

We passed the setting sun.

我们走过落日旁--

We paused before a house that seemed

我们停步在一所房子前,

A swelling of the ground;

那似乎是隆起的土地一片

The roof was scarcely visible,

屋顶几乎看不见--

The cornice but a mound.

屋檐在地里面--

Since then 't is centuries; but each

离那时已是几个世纪

Feels shorter than the day

过了还不到一天,

I first surmised the horses' heads

我首次猜测到, 马头

Were toward eternity.

在朝向永恒奔窜. 


以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 岁月静好花盛开

    打卡

  • 幸子loky

    keep on going.never give up

  • 如是聽雨
  • 如是聽雨

    和我买的艾米莉诗集里的这首有一些不一样,一些用词不一样,还有一节直接没有了?版本出入挺大的呀😄