海伦娜·伯翰·卡特 | 朗读《皆大欢喜》(收场白)

海伦娜·伯翰·卡特 | 朗读《皆大欢喜》(收场白)

00:00
01:52

As You Like It

《皆大欢喜》


——by William Shakespeare



ROSALIND.

It is not the fashion to see the lady the epilogue;

叫娘儿们来念收场白,似乎不大合适;

but it is no more unhandsome than to see the lord the prologue.

可是那也不见得比叫老爷子来念开场白更不成样子些。

If it be true that good wine needs no bush,

要是好酒无须招牌,

'tis true that a good play needs no epilogue.

那么好戏也不必有收场白;

Yet to good wine they do use good bushes;

可是好酒要用好招牌,

and good plays prove the better by the help of good epilogues.

好戏倘再加上一段好收场白,岂不更好?

What a case am I in then,

那么我现在的情形是怎样的呢?

that am neither a good epilogue,

既然不会念一段好收场白,

nor cannot insinuate with you in the behalf of a good play!

又不能用一出好戏来讨好你们!

I am not furnished like a beggar;

我并不穿着得像个叫化一样,

therefore to beg will not become me.

因此我不能向你们求乞;

My way is to conjure you;

我的唯一的法子是恳请。

and I'll begin with the women.

我要先向女人们恳请。

I charge you, O women,

女人们啊!

for the love you bear to men,

为着你们对于男子的爱情,

to like as much of this play as please you.

请你们尽量地喜欢这本戏。

And I charge you, O men,

男人们啊!

for the love you bear to women -

为着你们对于女子的爱情——

as I perceive by your simpering none of you hates them -

瞧你们那副痴笑的神气,我就知道你们没有一个讨厌她们的——

that between you and the women the play may please.

请你们学着女人们的样子,也来喜欢这本戏。

If I were a woman,

假如我是一个女人,

I would kiss as many of you as had beards that pleased me,

你们中间只要谁的胡子生得叫我满意,

complexions that liked me,

脸蛋长得讨我欢喜,

and breaths that I defied not;

而且气息也不叫我恶心,我都愿意给他一吻。

and, I am sure, as many as have good beards,

为了我这种慷慨的奉献,我相信凡是生得一副好胡子、

or good faces, or sweet breaths, will, for my kind offer,

长得一张好脸蛋或是有一口好气息的诸君,

when I make curtsy, bid me farewell.

当我屈膝致敬的时候,都会向我道别。



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!