每日一句地道美语表达,欢迎关注有温度有态度的微信公众号:
看美剧学地道英语口语 (jerryhuenglish)
获取该音频详细讲解
公众号后台回复剧名“老友记”获取原声音频mp3及中英视频
extra
['ekstrə]
adj.额外的,补充的,附加的
n.临时演员
N-COUNT (电影中的)临时演员,群众演员
The extras in a film are the people who play unimportant parts, for example as members of a crowd.
摘自老友记S09E11
以下是对话文本
Joey. Listen,I can't do this.
乔伊 听着 我办不到
It doesn't make any sense.
简直是毫无道理
Yesterday I was a nurse,and today I'm a waitress at a cafe?
昨天我是护士 然后今天我是服务生
Sometimes we use the same extras
有时候我们会用相同的临时演员
for different parts. It's okay.
扮演不同的角色 没关系的
Well,it's not okay,
是有关系的
because I gave a very memorable performance as the nurse.
因为昨天我扮演护士 演的相当好
And now,suddenly,I'm the waitress?
然后现在突然间 我变成服务生
That's gonna confuse my fans.
我的影迷们会混淆的
Well,maybe you are a nurse..
嗯 或许你是护士
but you moonlight as a waitress.
但是你也兼职当服务生
Because I'm a single mother supporting my two children.
因为我是抚养两个小孩的单亲妈妈
Nice.
没错
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!