【每日一词】make up 摘自老友记S09E21

【每日一词】make up 摘自老友记S09E21

00:00
00:52

每日一句地道美语表达,欢迎关注有温度有态度的微信公众号: 

看美剧学地道英语口语 (jerryhuenglish)

获取该音频详细讲解

公众号后台回复剧名“老友记”获取原声音频mp3中英视频


make up

[mek ʌp]


PHRASAL VERB 编造;虚构

If you make up something such as a story or excuse, you invent it, sometimes in order to deceive people.


举个栗子

I think it's very unkind of you to make up stories about him... 

我认为你编造他的谣言很不厚道。


I'm not making it up. The character exists in real life. 

我没有凭空捏造,这种人现实生活中确实存在。


摘自老友记S02E08

以下是对话文本


This is a song about a love triangle...

这是一首我乱编的...

... between three people that I made up.

讲述三角恋的歌

It's called "Two of Them Kissed Last Night."

叫做"昨晚其中两个接吻了"

There was a girl We'll call her Betty

有个女孩  我们叫她贝蒂

And a guy Let's call him Neil

有个男孩  咱们叫他尼尔

Now I can't stress this point too strongly

我再三强调这一点

This story isn't real

这故事不是真的

Now our Neil must decide Who will be the girl that he casts aside

现在尼尔必须决定  如何取舍

Will Betty be the one who he loves truly

是那个他真心相爱的贝蒂

Or will it be the one who we'll call Loolie

还是我们称为露莉的女孩

He must decide He must decide

他必须决定  他必须决定

Even though I made him up He must decide

虽然他纯属虚构  他必须决定


以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!