杰瑞米·艾恩斯 | 朗读诗歌《后果》

杰瑞米·艾恩斯 | 朗读诗歌《后果》

00:00
02:40

Have you forgotten yet?…

你难道已经忘记?

For the world’s events have rumbled on since those gagged days,

如同十字路口的等候,岁月的窒息

Like traffic checked while at the crossing of city-ways:

已成过往,世事运转如常。

And the haunted gap in your mind has filled with thoughts that flow

你心中难以弥合的缺口,已被明朗的生命天国里

Like clouds in the lit heaven of life; and you’re a man reprieved to go,

思绪的流云遮蔽。你的死刑得了缓期,

Taking your peaceful share of Time, with joy to spare.

有许多安逸的天年,且自消遣。

But the past is just the same–and War’s a bloody game…

然而过往已固定不移,战争仍是血腥的游戏…


Have you forgotten yet?…

你难道已经忘记?

Look down, and swear by the slain of the War that you’ll never forget.

低头看吧,以死难者的名义,发誓你永不忘记。


Do you remember the dark months you held the sector at Mametz–

你是否记得黑暗的几个月里,你在马梅斯把守扇区,

The nights you watched and wired and dug and piled sandbags on parapets?

守夜、发报、挖掘战壕,在护墙上堆垒沙包?

Do you remember the rats; and the stench

你是否记得那些老鼠、战壕前沿恶臭的尸骸,

Of corpses rotting in front of the front-line trench–

还有肮脏惨白的黎明,

And dawn coming, dirty-white, and chill with a hopeless rain?

伴着浇灭希望的冷雨降临

Do you ever stop and ask, ‘Is it all going to happen again?’

你难道已不再追问:“这一切可会重来?”


Do you remember that hour of din before the attack–

你是否记得进攻前的喧闹,

And the anger, the blind compassion that seized and shook you then

是否记得当你注视战友无望、憔悴的脸庞,

As you peered at the doomed and haggard faces of your men?

那将你攥紧并且揺晃的愤怒和不知何往的悲伤?


Do you remember the stretcher-cases lurching back

你是否记得斜在身后的担架上

With dying eyes and lolling heads–those ashen-grey

那垂荡的头颅和濒死的目光,还有年轻的脸上,

Masks of the lads who once were keen and kind and gay?

欢乐、热切、善良都变成灰白如土的沧喿?

 

Have you forgotten yet?…

你难道已经忘记?

Look up, and swear by the green of the spring that you’ll never forget.

低头看吧,以春日碧野的名义,发誓你永不忘记。


以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 唐三斗

    第一段有部分没读

  • 林恩一一

  • 有小虎牙的诺诺

    我的老师曾经告诉我们要想学好一门语言,要从敢于张嘴模仿开始!感谢专辑的主播给了我们这么好的模仿对象!

  • 听友375620973

    perfect