下载每日英语听力APP,解锁双语字幕及更多学习功能!
This is a McDonald's in Switzerland.中英文稿
这是瑞士的一间麦当劳。
It's where you can buy the most expensive Big Mac in the world.
全世界最贵的巨无霸就在这里。
Welcome to Zürich, the largest city in Switzerland.
欢迎来到苏黎世,瑞士最大的城市。
I visited the McDonald's in the heart of the city's historic Old Town district.
我来到了位于历史旧城区中心的麦当劳。
It's a cold Friday night here in Zürich, Switzerland, and I just arrived at the McDonald's.
这是瑞士苏黎世一个冷冷的周五夜晚,我刚刚到了麦当劳。
There you see the golden arches.
你看得到上头的金拱门。
I'm gonna check it out and see if they have any special menu items you can't get in the States, see what it's all about.
我要去瞧瞧,看看有哪些在美国吃不到的特别菜色,去一探究竟。
Let's go.
我们走吧!
OK, so I got a lot of food.
好了,我点了很多食物。
My order came out to 32.50 Swiss francs.
总计 32.50 瑞士法郎。
We're going to start with the Big Mac because this is the most expensive Big Mac in the world, apparently.
我们从巨无霸开始吧,因为这毕竟是全世界最贵的巨无霸。
It's true, the Swiss Big Mac commands a higher price than any other country in the world.
此话不假,瑞士的巨无霸要比全球其他地方都要贵。
At 6.50 in Swiss francs, which is about $6.63 in US dollars.
要价一份 6.50 瑞士法郎,大约是 6.63 美金。
Compare that to the price of a Big Mac in the US at $5.58, which might suggest that the Swiss franc is overvalued by 19%.
相比起来在美国一份巨无霸 5.58 美元,或许代表瑞士法郎被高估了 19%。
But does it taste like the world's most expensive Big Mac?
但是尝起来真的有全球最贵的感觉吗?
Let's see if there's anything special about it.
我们来看一下它是不是有什么特别之处。
There's nothing about that that makes me think that it should be the most expensive Big Mac in the world.
我觉得吃起来很一般,味道上就和其他比较便宜的巨无霸一样。
No truffles, no raclette, it's a Big Mac.
没有松露或是拉可雷特干酪,就是个巨无霸。
And I like that, I'm not complaining about that.
我挺喜欢的,不是在抱怨。
But what about the stuff you can't get at McDonald's in the United States?
那些在美国买不到的当地麦当劳餐点呢?
Switzerland has plenty to offer.
瑞士有很多独家菜色。
This is the Steakhouse Classic: two patties of beef, bacon, some very bright orange sauce on a nice sesame seed bun.
这是经典牛肉堡:两片牛肉排、培根,一些亮橘色酱汁在漂亮的芝麻汉堡包上。
Let's see how it is.
来尝尝如何。
OK, the orange sauce is like a barbecue sauce.
橘色酱汁吃起来像烤肉酱。
It's tangy.
味道蛮浓烈的。
It's got a kick for sure.
后劲很足。
This color of it is kind of off-putting, but it actually tastes pretty good.
它的颜色看起来不太能引起食欲,但其实尝起来蛮好吃的。
So, yeah, I unlocked the secret of the Steakhouse Classic.
就这样,解锁经典牛肉堡。
You've gotta lap up that sauce with fries.
一定要拿薯条来沾酱。
And now it's time to try something that you don't see in very many McDonald's, it's what they call the Quinoa Curry.
现在是时候来尝尝不常见的麦当劳餐点了,叫做藜麦咖喱。
This is a pretty ambitious offering for McDonald's.
对麦当劳而言这餐点挺有野心的。
Obviously trying to appeal to the vegetarians out there.
很显然是针对素食客群。
It's not bad, I mean, but, if you're gonna bring curry into the mix, you want it to pack a little bit more of a spice, more of a kick.
吃起来不差,不过要是想要加入咖喱,香料味就应该再浓一点,后劲才会比较强。
This is pretty bland.
味道太平淡了。
But it's great that they have a vegetarian option here.
但他们有提供素食选项是蛮好的。
Now we have to try that old McDonald's standby, the fries.
现在我们要来吃看看万年不败的麦当劳小食,薯条。
They've got these pommes frites sauce packets, so I'm gonna try that and see if that stands out from what you can get in the States.
他们提供这些 pommes frites (一间比利时餐厅) 酱料组,我来吃看看,看和美国的有没有区别。
So, it's basically like mayonnaise.
所以基本上就是像蛋黄酱。
It's more of an aioli.
更像是蒜味沙拉酱。
I enjoy mayonnaise on fries, I do.
我很喜欢薯条配蛋黄酱,真的。
I'm very European like that.
这方面我蛮欧洲风味的。
I'm very like continental and sophisticated.
比较倾向欧洲大陆风格、老练。
They charged me 20 cents for the pommes frites sauce.
这个 pommes frites 酱料还要额外收费 20 分钱。
Shouldn't that be complimentary?
这不是本来包含的吗?
I'm gonna finish it off with the Toblerone McFlurry.
最后来试试瑞士三角巧克力麦旋风。
So Swiss.
十足的瑞士风。
It looks very creamy.
看起来很多奶油。
There's a few chocolate chunks in there.
里面有一些巧克力碎片。
That's amazing.
太惊人了。
That's so rich and creamy and sweet.
味道很浓厚,奶味很足而且很甜。
That's delicious.
太好吃了。
I mean, it tastes kind of like a chocolate milkshake.
我是说,吃起来有点像巧克力奶昔。
Very good, I love that, I love that.
非常好吃,我太喜欢了。
But now you know what time it is.
现在好戏要上场了。
It's time to dip the fries in the Toblerone McFlurry.
是时候把薯条蘸到三角巧克力冰炫风里了。
If you don't dip your fries in your milkshake, you're doing it wrong.
如果吃薯条不沾奶昔的话,那你就大错特错了。
Time for a final review.
最后做个总结。
I wanted to try a few things that you can't get in the States, the Quinoa Curry and the Steakhouse Classic.
我想尝试一些在美国吃不到的品类,像是藜麦咖喱和经典牛肉堡口味。
I wasn't too crazy about them.
我没有特别喜欢。
McDonald's has lasted for so long because they do the basics so well.
麦当劳之所以屹立不摇多年,是因为基本餐点做得很好。
The unsung hero of this experience, the surprise of this experience, was the Toblerone McFlurry.
这一次体验的无名英雄,最大的惊喜,就是三角巧克力麦旋风。
I highly recommend getting that.
我特别推荐要点一份。
So, that's McDonald's in Switzerland.
所以,这就是瑞士的麦当劳啦!
But in terms of whether or not the McDonald's in Switzerland is better than the McDonald's in the States, I'm neutral.
但说到瑞士的麦当劳是不是比美国的好,我保持中立。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!