Two, one, Happy New Year!
2、1、新年快乐!
It's our one holiday where we celebrate the passage of time, which makes people stop and think: How do I want next year to be different than this year?
这是我们庆祝时间流逝的一个节日,它会让我们停下下好好思考,新的一年与今年相比,我们会想要有什么样的突破?
Maybe you're feeling a little girthy, or a bit too lazy, or maybe this is the year you finally find that new job.
也许你感觉自己有点太胖,太过懒散,也或许这是你找到新工作的一年。
Regardless of what your New Year's resolution is we want to remind you, you will probably fail.
但不论你的新年决心是什么,我们想要提醒你的是,你可能会失败。
Yep, eighty percent of New Year's resolutions completely and utterly fail.
没错,在新年所下的决心,有百分之八十会彻底失败。
That's because people don't understand the difference between a New Year's resolution and a New Year's plan.
那是因为人们并不了解新年决心和新年计划有什么不同。
You see resolutions can be made on a whim.
你随时都可以下一个决心。
Your resolution will probably make you feel like crap for the first couple of weeks and without a plan to get yourself through you're destined to fail.
但过没几周你就会觉得自己的决心毫无用处,而且没有计划使得你注定会失败。
A plan takes forethought.
计划是需要深思熟虑的。
A plan means you're serious.
拥有计划意味着你必须很慎重。
A plan breaks up your resolution in small achievable chunks and has many rewards along the way.
计划能将你的决心切割成几个容易达成的小目标,并且在达成最终目标前,你会因为完成这些小目标而感到满足。
A plan is tracked in a journal and a plan recognizes that there's nothing magical about January 1st.
计划是有时序的旅程,跟着计划走,其实每年的第一天并没有什么神奇之处。
People who make plans are twice as likely to achieve their resolution.
只要有计划,就有比只有决心的人多一倍的机率可以达到设定的目标。
So we wish you a Happy New Year.
在此,祝福大家新年快乐。
May all your plans come true, from us to you.
我们对你的祝福:愿你的所有计划都能实现。
打卡学美式英语的第一天