The Frog Prince 青蛙王子(下)| 原版英语童话故事

The Frog Prince 青蛙王子(下)| 原版英语童话故事

00:00
12:42

Chapter 4: Into the palace
第四章:进入皇宫


Poppy arrived back just in time to change for dinner.
波比回到宫殿时,正好赶上换衣服吃晚饭。

“Hurry up, Poppy!” “Oh, I’m coming.” She had to sit next to Prince Humperdink, who smelled of cabbage. “Greetings, Princess Poppy.”
“快点,波比!” “哦,我来了。” 她不得不坐在身上有一股卷心菜味道的汉普汀克王子旁边。“您好,波比公主。”

Just then, there was a faint tapping sound. “Is someone at the door?” asked the Queen. Poppy had a sinking feeling. She rushed to the door, opened it and peered outside.
这时传来一阵微弱的敲击声。“有人在门口吗?”女王问。波比感到不安。她冲到门前,打开门,向外看去。

“Hello,” said the frog. Poppy slammed the door in his face.
“您好。”青蛙说。波比把门摔在了他的脸上。


“Who was that?” said the King. “No one,” Poppy said quickly.
“谁在那?”国王说。“没人。”波比赶紧答道。

“That’s funny,” said Prince Humperdink. “I was sure I heard someone.” “Sshh!”

“这就怪了,”汉普汀克王子说,“我确信我听到了什么。” “嘘!”

The tapping noise came again. “Poppy, I really do think someone’s there,” said the Queen.

敲击声再次传来。“波比,我认为真的有人在那儿。”女王说。

“I’ll ask the footman to look,” said the King. “No, Daddy don’t!” cried Poppy. “It’s only a frog.”
“我让男仆去看看。”国王说。“不,爸爸不要!”波比叫道,“那是一只青蛙。”

“Ugh, how horrible!” said Humperdink.
“呃,太可怕了!”汉普汀克说道。

“He rescued my golden ball from the pond,” Poppy added, “and…I…sort of said he could stay with me.”

“他救出了我的金球,”波比补充说,“而且……我算是说过他可以和我在一起。”

“Then you must keep your word,” bellowed the King. “Let the frog in.”
“那你必须遵守诺言,”国王吼道,“让青蛙进来。”

“I’d really rather you didn’t” said Humperdink.
“我希望您不要这样做。”汉普汀克说。

“Oh Daddy, I can’t,” said Poppy. “He’s so wet and warty…”
“哦,爸爸,我不能,”波比说,“他又湿又脏……”

“Poppy!” said her father, furiously」 - that means angrily - “Let that frog in right now.”
“波比!”她的父亲怒气冲冲地」——“furiously”是愤怒的意思——「“立刻让这只青蛙进来。”

Poppy dragged her feet to the door, praying that the frog had gone. But as soon as she opened the door, the frog shot inside.

波比拖着脚走到门口,祈祷青蛙已经走了。但她一打开门,青蛙就冲了进去。

「So, the Princess says “he’s wet and warty”, that means his skin look lots of horrible, sort of spots on them that grow lumps warty.
「公主说“he’s wet and warty”,这意味着青蛙的皮肤看起来很多可怕、上面长满疙瘩。」


He followed Poppy all the way back to her chair. She could hear his wet feet going splat, splat, splat, on the floor behind her. “Poor you. He’s the slimiest frog I’ve ever seen.”
他跟着波比回到她的椅子上。她可以听到他的脚在身后的地板上“啪啪 ”作响。“可怜的小东西。他是我见过的最粘稠的青蛙。”

“Oh, I thought I’d never make it.” said the frog.
“噢,我以为我永远无法做到。”青蛙说。

“Oh dear!” said Prince Humperdink. “Suddenly, I’m not very hungry. I think I might be allergic to frogs.”

“哦,天哪!”汉普汀克王子说。“我突然感到不饿了。我可能对青蛙过敏。”

“Excuse me,” said the frog, “but Princess Poppy did promise that I could eat from her plate. May I sit at the table too?”
“抱歉,”青蛙说,“但波比公主确实答应过我可以吃她盘里的东西。我可以坐在桌子旁吗?”

“Certainly not,” snapped Poppy, crossly.
“当然不行。”波比生气地呵斥道。

“Don’t be so rude,” said the King. “The frog is our guest.”
“别这么粗鲁,”国王说,“这只青蛙是我们的客人。”

“Oh, I’m starving,” said the frog. “What’s the first course?”
“哦,我饿了,”青蛙说,“第一道菜是什么?”

“Cold watercress soup, ”said the King, smiling at him. “Help yourself!”
“冷西洋菜汤,”国王对他笑着说,“请自便!”

The frog dived into Poppy’s bowl. “This is delicious!” he cried, between mouthfuls, “This is the life!”
青蛙跳进波比的碗里。“这很好吃!”他边吃边叫道,“这就是生活!”


「Do you see he’s swimming in the soup? Oh that would be like jumping into a hot pot, It would be a bit too hot. I don’t think you’d want to eat the soup after you’ve seen a frog swimming in it.
「你看到他在汤里游泳吗?哦,那就像跳进一个热锅里,有点太热了。我想,当你看到一只青蛙在汤里游泳之后,你就不会再想喝那个汤了。」


“I don’t think I’m hungry anymore,” said Poppy, as the frog slurped up the last of her soup.
“我想我已经吃饱了,”波比说道,因为青蛙啜饮了她最后的汤。

“I think I’m going to be sick.” said Humperdink.
“我想我要生病了。”汉普汀克说。

“Right,” said the frog cheerfully. “What’s next?”
“好了,”青蛙欢快地说道,“下一道菜是什么?”

Poppy sighed miserably. “What is the second course?” she asked a maid.
波比悲惨地叹了口气。“第二道菜是什么?”她问一个女仆。

“Um…er,” the maid began nervously. “Come on!” said the King. “You must know what’s for supper.”
“嗯,呃……”女仆开始紧张起来。“说吧!”国王说,“你必须知道晚餐吃什么。”

Well you see, your highness,” the maid went on, “Cook didn’t know about our extra guest…I’m afraid…it’s frogs’ legs.”
“殿下,”女仆继续说道,“厨师不知道我们有额外的客人……下一道菜是蛙腿。”

「What do you think the frog is gonna think about?」

「你认为青蛙会怎么想呢?」

Frogs’ legs being served. The frog gulped.

蛙腿被端上来了。青蛙咽了咽口水。


“I think I might skip this course,” he said, weakly.

“我想跳过这道菜,”他有气无力地说道。


Poppy didn’t usually like frogs’ legs, but that night she had seconds.

波比通常不喜欢蛙腿,但那天晚上她吃了好几口。

“You must be full now. Isn’t it time for bed, Princess?” said the frog.
“您现在一定吃饱了。是不是该睡觉了,公主?”青蛙说。

“Oh no!” cried Poppy. “You’re not coming anywhere near my bedroom.”
“哦,不!”波比叫道,“你不能靠近我的卧室。”

“But you promised…” said the frog. “You can carry me on a cushion.
“但是您答应过的……”青蛙说,“您可以把我抱到一个垫子上。”

Poppy looked at her father pleadingly.
波比恳求地看着她的父亲。

“Come on, dear,”said the Queen.“Don’t make Poppy touch that green, slimy…”
“拜托了,亲爱的,”女王说,“不要让波比碰那个绿色的、黏糊糊的......”

“Princesses don’t break promises,” interrupted the King, sternly.
“公主是不会违背承诺的。”国王严厉地打断了她的话。

Poppy took a deep breath. Then stretching out her arm, she picked up the frog by one foot. Her sisters gasped.
波比深吸一口气。伸出手臂,拎起青蛙的一条腿。她的姐妹们惊呼起来。

“She touched him!” moaned Prince Humperdink, and fainted.
“她碰了他!”汉普汀克王子呻吟道,然后晕倒了。


Chapter 5: The frog prince
第五章:青蛙王子


Poppy dropped the frog in the darkest, most distant corner of her room, before climbing into bed.

波比把青蛙丢在她房间最黑暗、最遥远的角落里,然后爬上了床。

「So, she’s not being very nice to the frog, is she?
「她对青蛙不是很好,是吗?」

“But Princess Poppy,” said the frog. “You promised I could sleep on your silken pillow.” Poppy didn’t answer.

“波比公主,”青蛙说,"你答应我可以睡在你的丝质枕头上的。” 波比没有回答。

“If you don’t let me,” the frog threatened, “I’ll tell your father.”
“如果你不让我睡,”青蛙威胁道,“我就告诉你的父亲。”

“I’ve had enough!” snapped Poppy. “You’re the meanest, ugliest, most horrible frog I’ve ever met. What’s more,” she added, “if you mention my promise one more time, I’ll throw you out of the window.”
“我受够了!”波比呵斥道。“你是我见过的最卑鄙、最丑陋、最可怕的青蛙。更重要的是,”她补充道,“如果你再提我的承诺,我就把你从窗户扔出去。”

“No, you won’t,” said the frog. “You wouldn’t dare. Your promise!”
“不,你不会的,”青蛙说。“你不敢。你承诺过!”

“I do dare,” said Poppy. In a fury, she strode over to the frog, picked him up and threw him out of her window.
“我确实敢,”波比说。她怒气冲冲地走到青蛙身边,把他拎起来,扔出窗户外。

There was a long silence, followed by a loud splat. Poppy suddenly realized what she’d done. She was horrified.
一阵长时间的沉默,接着是一声巨响。波比突然意识到她做了什么。她被吓坏了。

“Frog? Say something!”
“青蛙?说话啊!”


“I hoped I haven’t killed him,” she prayed, and raced down the stairs as fast as her legs could carry her.
“我希望我没有杀死他。”她祈祷着,并以她的双腿能承载的最快速度跑下楼梯。

Outside, the frog was lying sprawled on the palace lawn. Poppy picked him up as gently as she could.

在外面,青蛙横七竖八地躺在宫殿的草坪上。波比尽可能温柔地把他抱起来。


“Are you all right?” she whispered. “Yes,” croaked the frog, carefully feeling his head.
你没事吧?”她低声说。“是的,”青蛙呱呱叫着,小心翼翼地摸着自己的头。

“I didn’t mean to hurt you,” said Poppy. “I’m so sorry.” And she bent down and kissed him.
“我不是故意伤害你的。”波比说,“我很抱歉。” 她弯下腰,亲吻了他。

There was a loud crush of thunder, followed by a shower of sparks. The frog had vanished. In his place stood a handsome young prince.

一声响雷,接着是一阵火花。青蛙消失了。在他原本的位置上站着一个年轻英俊的王子。


“At last!” shouted the Prince. “I’m human again. No more slimy skin, no more webbed feet, no more flies…”

“终于!”王子喊道,“我变回了人类。不再有黏糊糊的皮肤,不再有脚蹼,不再有苍蝇......”

One by one, the palace windows flew open and everybody looked out.

宫殿的窗户一个个飞快打开,每个人都向外看。


“What’s going on?” yelled the King. “I’m coming down.”

“怎么回事?”国王大喊,“我来了。”

“What happened to you?” Poppy asked the Prince.
“你怎么了?”波比问王子。

“A wicked witch cast an evil spell on me,” he said. “I could only become human again if a princess kiss me.”
“一个邪恶的女巫对我施了咒语,”他说,“只有当公主亲吻我时,我才能重新成为人类。”

“So, it's because of me that you're a prince again?” said Poppy, feeling rather proud.
“那么是因为我,你才又变回了王子?”波比相当自豪地说道。

“Well, yes,” said the Prince, “But you did throw me out of the window first.
“嗯,是的,”王子说,“但您确实先把我从窗口扔出去了。”

“Still,” said Poppy, “There aren't many princesses who would kiss a frog.”
“不过,”波比说,“没有多少公主会亲吻一只青蛙。”


“That's true. How can I make it up to you?” “Well…you could marry me.”

“那倒是。我该怎样答谢您呢?” “嗯……你可以娶我。”

“Excuse me,” said Prince Humperdink, “but Poppy is going to marry ME.”
“抱歉,”汉普汀克王子说,“但是波比要嫁给我。”

“No I’m not,” said Poppy. “It hasn't been arranged yet. And Daddy, you did say I could find my own prince.”

“不。”波比说,“那还没安排好。而且爸爸,你说过我可以自己找王子的。”


“That’s true,” said the King, with a sigh.

“的确是这样。”国王叹了口气。

“In that case,” said the Prince, getting down on one knee. “If you promise not to throw me out of the window again…”
“那么,”王子单膝跪地,说道。“如果您保证不再把我从窗口扔出去……”

“I promise.” said Poppy. “…Princess Poppy, will you marry me?”
“我保证。”波比说。“……波比公主,你愿意嫁给我吗?”

“I will,” said Poppy. And she did.
“我愿意。”波比说。嫁给了他。


The tale of The Frog Prince has been around since the thirteenth century. It was wold by storytellers all over Europe. This version is from the retelling by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, two brothers who lived in Germany in the early 1800s. Well, I hope you enjoyed that story.
青蛙王子的故事从13世纪就开始流传。它被欧洲各地的说书人广为流传。这个版本来自于19世纪初生活在德国的雅各布和威廉·格林兄弟的复述。我希望你喜欢这个故事。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!