小王子第21章(一)

小王子第21章(一)

00:00
09:42

It was then that the fox appeared.

这时,狐狸出现了。

"Good morning," said the fox.

“早上好,”狐狸说。

"Good morning," the little prince responded politely, although when he turned around he saw nothing.

“早上好。”小王子彬彬有礼的回答。可当他转过身时,却什么也没有看见。

"I am right here," the voice said, "under the apple tree."

“我在这里,”那个声音说,“在苹果树下。”

"Who are you?" asked the little prince, and added, "You are very pretty to look at."

“ 你是谁?”小王子问,他接着又说,“你很漂亮。”

"I am a fox," said the fox.

“我是一只狐狸。”狐狸回答道。

"Come and play with me," proposed the little prince. "I am so unhappy."

“来和我一起玩吧,”小王子说,“我很不开心。”

"I cannot play with you," the fox said. "I am not tamed."

“我不能和你一起玩,”狐狸说,“我还没有被驯服。”

"Ah! Please excuse me," said the little prince.

“ 啊!真对不起。”小王子说。

But, after some thought, he added:

但思考了片刻,他又接着说:

"What does that mean-- 'tame'?"

“‘驯服’?那是什么意思呀?”

"You do not live here," said the fox. "What is it that you are looking for?"

“你不是这里的人。”狐狸说,“你来寻找什么?”

"I am looking for men," said the little prince. "What does that mean-- 'tame'?"

“我来找人。”小王子说,“‘驯服’那是什么意思?”

"Men," said the fox. "They have guns, and they hunt. It is very disturbing. They also raise chickens. These are their only interests. Are you looking for chickens?"

“人,”狐狸说,”他们有枪,他们还打猎。这真令人感到烦恼!他们也养鸡。这是他们仅有的优点。你是来寻找鸡的吗?”

"No," said the little prince. "I am looking for friends. What does that mean-- 'tame'?"

“不是的,”小王子说,“我是来寻找朋友的。‘驯服’那是什么意思?”

"It is an act too often neglected," said the fox. It means to establish ties."

“这是常常被遗忘的事情,”狐狸说,“意思就是‘创建关系’。”"'To establish ties'?"

“‘创建关系’?”

"Just that," said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world…"

“正是如此,”狐狸说,“对我来说,你只是个普通的小男孩,和其他成千上万个小男孩没什么两样。我并不需要你。你也不需要我。对你而言,我无非是只狐狸,和其他成千上万只狐狸没什么不同。但如果你驯服了我,我们就会彼此需要。对我而言,你就是这个世界上独一无二的。对你而言,我也是这个世界上独一无二的......。”

"I am beginning to understand," said the little prince. "There is a flower… I think that she has tamed me…"

“我有点明白了。”小王子说,“有一朵花......我想她把我驯服了......”

"It is possible," said the fox. "On the Earth one sees all sorts of things."

“那是很有可能的。”狐狸说,“在地球上什么样的事都可能发生......”

"Oh, but this is not on the Earth!" said the little prince.

“噢!这可不是在地球上。”小王子说。

The fox seemed perplexed, and very curious.

狐狸显得十分困惑,但也很好奇。

"On another planet?"

“在别的星球上?”

"Yes."

“是的。”

"Are there hunters on this planet?"

“那颗星球上有猎人吗?”

"No."

“没有。”

"Ah, that is interesting! Are there chickens?"

“啊,这可真不错!那么有鸡吗?”

"No."

“没有。”

"Nothing is perfect," sighed the fox.

“毕竟没有十全十美的事儿呀!”狐狸叹气道。

But he came back to his idea.

但他又重新捡起了刚才的话题。

"My life is very monotonous," the fox said. "I hunt chickens; men hunt me. All the chickens are just alike, and all the men are just alike. And, in consequence, I am a little bored. But if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life . I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow. And then look: you see the grain-fields down yonder? I do not ea t bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad. But you have hair that is the colour of gold. Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me bac k the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat…"

“我的生活非常单调。”狐狸说,“我猎杀鸡,人猎杀我,所有的鸡都差不多,所有的人也都差不多。因此我感到有些厌倦了。但如果你驯服了我,我的世界就会充满阳光。我能辨认出一种与众不同的脚步声。别人的脚步声会让我匆忙躲到地下。而你的脚步声就像音乐一样召唤我,走出洞穴。并且,你看,看见那边的麦田了吗?我不吃面包。麦子对我来说没什么用。我对麦田无动于衷。而这可真使人扫兴。但你却拥有金黄色的头发。所以如果你驯服了我,想想那将是多么美妙呀!麦子也是金黄色的,它就会使我想起你。而我也会爱上风吹麦浪的声音......。



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!