12.10 Master librarians

12.10 Master librarians

00:00
03:32

MT英语(ID:mtkouyu)
专辑:【英文原版童话故事】
文本整理:Doris

Warm air washed over Jack. It felt wonderful.

温暖的空气向杰克袭来。感觉太棒了。

 

"You have succeeded in your quest," said a soft, soothing voice. "Are you glad to be home?"Jack opened his eyes. Morgan le Pay stood in the moonlight.

“你的任务成功了。”一个温柔的、抚慰的声音说。“你高兴回家吗?”杰克睁开了眼睛。摩根·勒佩站在月光下。

 

"Yes," he said.

“是的,”他说。

 

"We solved all our riddles," said Annie.

“我们解开了所有的谜题,”安妮说。

 

"Indeed," said Morgan. "You have proved that you can find answers to very hard questions."She reached into the folds of her robe and took out two thin pieces of wood.

“的确,”摩根说。“你证明了你能找到非常难的问题的答案。”她把手伸进长袍的衣褶里,拿出两块薄薄的木板。

 

"A magic library card for each of you," she said.

“给你们每个人一张魔法图书卡,”她说。

 

She gave one to Annie and one to Jack.

她给了安妮一个,又给了杰克一个。

 

"Oh, man," said Jack, feeling the card.

“哦,伙计。”杰克摸着卡片说。

 

The wooden card was as thin and smooth as an ordinary library card. On its surface shimmered the letters M and L.

这张木卡像普通的借书证一样薄而光滑。在它的表面闪烁着字母M和L。

 

"These are your Master Librarian cards," said Morgan. "You are the newest members of the ancient Society of Master Librarians.""What do we do with them?" asked Jack.

“这是你的图书管理员卡,”摩根说。“你们是古代图书管理员协会的最新成员。”“我们拿它们怎么办?”杰克问。

 

"Take them on your future journeys," said Morgan.

“在你未来的旅途中带上它们,”摩根说。

 

"Only a very wise person or another Master Librarian will be able to see the letters. These will be the people who can help you.

“只有非常聪明的人或图书管理员才能看到这些信件。这些人会帮助你的。

 “Wow.” said Annie. “Can we go on the mission right now?”

“哇。”安妮说。“我们现在能去执行任务吗?”

“Now you must go home and rest.” said Morgan. “I will come back for you soon.” 

“现在你必须回家休息。”摩根说。“我很快就会回来找你的。”

Jack and Annie put their secret cards in their pockets, then Jack took out the A  book and out it out with other books.

杰克和安妮把他们的秘密卡片放在他们的口袋里,然后杰克拿出一本书,和其他书一起拿了出来。

“Goodbye.” he said.

“再见。”他说。

“See you soon.” Annie said to Morgan.

 

“再见。安妮对摩根说。

 

 

Morgan gave them a little wave.

 

摩根挥了挥手。

 

 

 

Jack and Annie climbed down the rope ladder.

“只有非常聪明的人或其他图书管理员才能看到让杰克和安妮从绳梯上爬下来的情景。”

 

As soon as they stepped onto the dark ground, they heard a roar. They looked up. They saw a blur of wind and light high in the oak tree.

他们一踏上黑暗的地面,就听到一声轰鸣。他们抬起头。他们在高高的橡树上看到一片模糊的风和光。

 

Then all was silent.

然后,一切都静了下来。

 

Morgan and her magic tree house were gone.

摩根和她的魔法树屋不见了。

 

Jack reached for his magic library card. When he felt its tingly warmth, he knew that amazing adventures lay ahead.

杰克伸手去拿他的魔法借书证。当他感到它那令人振奋的温暖时,他知道前面还有令人惊奇的冒险。

 

"Let's go," he said.

“我们走吧,”他说。

 

He turned on his flashlight.

他打开手电筒。

 

"The woods don't feel scary like they did before,"said Annie as they walked through the trees. "I'm not afraid anymore.""Me neither," said Jack.

“森林不像以前那么可怕了,”安妮说。“我不再害怕了。”“我也是。”杰克说。

 

"Hey, the darkness is like a mask," said Annie.

“嘿,黑暗就像一个面具,”安妮说。

 

"Yeah," said Jack. "It hides the day, but it brings out your courage."They came out of the woods.

“是的,”杰克说。“它隐藏了一天,但它激发了你的勇气。”他们走出了森林。

 

Jack saw their house in the distance. It looked warm and cozy.

杰克看见了他们在远处的房子。它看起来既温暖又舒适。

 

The porch light glowed. The moon shone overhead.

门廊上的灯闪着光。月亮在头顶上闪耀。

 

"Home," he whispered. "Home," said Annie.

“回家,”他小声说。“回家,”安妮说。

 

She started running. Jack took off after her, running to the place that they both loved the best.

她开始运行。杰克跟在她后面,向他们俩都最喜欢的地方跑去。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!