老人与海 Day 55│疼痛对男人来说,算不了什么

老人与海 Day 55│疼痛对男人来说,算不了什么

00:00
06:04
The old man and the sea
老人与海 ,双语版。
演播:雪羽白
Page65

After he judged that his right hand had been in the water long enough, he took it out and looked at it.
等他觉得把右手泡在水里的时间够久了,他便把它拿出水来,朝它瞧一瞧。

"It is not bad," he said. "And pain does not matter to a man”.
“情况不坏,"他说。“疼痛对一个男人来说,算不了什么。”

He took hold of the line carefully so that it did not fit into any of the fresh line cuts and shifted his weight so that he could put his left hand into the sea on the other side of the skiff.
他小心地攥着钓索,使它不致嵌进新勒破的任何一道伤痕,然后把绳子在肩上的重量转移一下,以便将左手由船的另一侧放进水里。

"You did not do so badly for something worthless," he said to his left hand.
“以废物来说,你还不算太差劲,"他对他的左手说。
"But there was a moment when I could not find you."
“不过有一阵子我根本就找不到你。”

Why was I not born with two good hands? he thought.
为什么我没有生下来就有两只好手呢?他想。
Perhaps it was my fault in not training that one properly.
也许是我自己的过错——错在没有好好儿训练那只手。
But God knows he has had enough chances to learn.
可是上帝知道它有过够多的机会能学习的了。
He did not do so badly in the night, though, and he has only cramped once.
然而它夜里干得还不算太差,仅仅抽了一回筋。
If he cramps again let the line cut him off.
要是它再抽筋,就让这钓索把它勒断好了。

When he thought that he knew that he was not being clear-headed and he thought he should chew some more of the dolphin.
他想到这里,明白自己的头脑不怎么清醒了,他想起应该再吃一点海豚。
But I can't, he told himself.
可是我不行,他对自己说。
It is better to be light-headed than to lose your strength from nausea.
宁愿头昏眼花,也比因呕吐而丧失体力要好。
And I know I cannot keep it if I eat it since my face was in it.
我知道就算我吃了、胃里也搁不住,因为刚才我的脸还在上面呢。
I will keep it for an emergency until it goes bad.
直到它坏了以前,我要把它留下以防万一。
But it is too late to try for strength now through nourishment.
但是现在要靠吸取营养来维持体力,实在太迟了。
You're stupid, he told himself. Eat the other flying fish.
你真笨,他告诉自己,把另一条飞鱼吃了吧。

It was there, cleaned and ready, and he picked it up with his left hand and ate it chewing the bones carefully and eating all of it down to the tail.
它就在那儿,已经洗干净处理好、随时可以吃,他就用左手把它捡起来、开始吃,细细咀嚼着鱼骨,把它从头到尾全都吃光了。

It has more nourishment than almost any fish, he thought.
它几乎比任何鱼都更富有营养,他想。
At least the kind of strength that I need.
至少能产生我所需要的那种力气。
Now I have done what I can, he thought.
如今我已经做了我能做的一切,他想。
Let him begin to circle and let the fight come.
就让这鱼开始打转,就让战斗来临吧。

The sun was rising for the third time since he had put to sea when the fish started to circle.
自从他出海以来,这是第三次太阳升起了,这时鱼打起转来了。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 18935899pje

    感觉在我耳朵边上说话一样

  • 18935899pje

    声音太大了