22 Stephen Colbert—2016 First Presidential Debate
Talk Show Episode: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert —With Time Running Out, An Undecided Voter Struggles To Choose
Background Music: Landslide — by Oh Wonder
Catch Phrase:
-表达支持某人: Behind sb./ vote for sb. (支持某人/为某人投票)
-It’s a strong/weak argument. (这是一个有力/站不住脚的论点。)
-Be swayed (被动摇); sway the election (动摇选举)
-No concern for sb. (与某人毫不相关)
Cultural Tips:
-Presidential Election 2016 Must-knows
Donald Trump
“We need to bring back law and order.” (我们要重振法律与秩序。)
Slogan: Make America Great Again (让美国再次伟大)
Trump University: 川普大学
Hilary Clinton
“I’m not only prepared for the debate but also prepared for being President.” (我不仅为辩论做好了准备,也为做总统做好了准备。)
Slogan: I’m with her. Stronger together. (我与她同在。团结就是力量。)
Missing e-mails 消失的邮件
Full Script
(S= Stephen Colbert; H= Mr. Hanson aka. Rob Lowe)
S: Voters like you hold this election at the palm of your hands, but you’ve been having troubles deciding. Didn’t the debate tonight help you make up your mind?
像你这样的选民掌控着整个选举的结果,可是你最近一直无法下决定。今晚的辩论没有帮助你打定主意吗?
H: Absolutely, I’m 100% behind Donald Trump.
当然帮到了,我百分之一百支持川普。
S: Really? What did Trump said tonight that put you over the top?
真的?川普说了什么让你如此自信?
H: Well, I really liked it when he said he wanted to bring back Law & Order, I love Mariska Hargitay.
嗯,我很喜欢他说的要带回法律与秩序,我超爱Mariska Hargitay。
S: It’s true. It was a strong argument. So, you weren’t swayed by Secretary Clinton’s, you know, moment when she said she’s not only prepared for the debate but also prepared for being President?
这是真的。这是一个很强的论点。那么,你没有被国务卿希拉里的话动摇么?你知道,当她说她不仅为辩论做好了准备,也为做总统做好了准备?
H: Oh, that was good. OK, I’m voting for Hilary.
哦,那个真的不错。好吧,我要投希拉里。
S: OK, but just want to make sure. So, her missing e-mails are no concern for you?
好吧,不过就是想确认一下,所以你毫不关心她那些消失的邮件?
H: Eh, forgot about that one. OK, make America great again!
呃,忘了那个了。好吧,让美国再次伟大!
S: OK, so can I hold you that? You are definitely voting for Donald…?
好吧,那我可以确认你会这么做么?你确定一定会投川普…?
H: Oh oh oh, wait, I just remembered Trump University. Never mind, I’m with her! Stronger together!
哦哦哦,等等,我刚记起来川普大学。算了,我与她同在!团结就是力量!
S: Mr. Hanson, thank you for being here. You clearly have not put enough thought into this. Do you think you’ll be able to choose by Election Day?
汉森先生,感谢你的参与。你明显没有好好思考这件事。你认为到了大选日那天你能够做出选择吗?
以上内容来自专辑