文本加翻译:
Thank you, President Schlissel,Buenos dias,My name is Yvonne Navarrete.
谢谢施莱塞尔校长,大家早上好,我叫伊冯娜·纳瓦雷特。
I am thrilled to be receiving a bachelor's degree from the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy.
我很高兴能获得福特公共政策学院的学士学位。
one of the nation's most respected schools of public policy and public administration.
福特公共政策学院是美国最负盛名的公共政策与公共管理学院之一。
Congratulations and best wishes to the other 108 Ford School graduates being honored today.
祝贺并诚挚祝愿福特学院的其他108名毕业生们。
My parents taught me many life lessons,including the power of channeling fear into courage.
我的父母教会了我很多人生道理,是他们让我知道 将恐惧转化为勇气的力量有多么强大。
In 1999, they made the brave decision to move our family from Mexico to Detroit.
1999年他们做出了一个勇敢的决定 从墨西哥举家搬迁到底特律。
where my two brothers and I were raised and attended the Detroit Public Schools.
我和我的两个兄弟在底特律长大 就读于底特律公立学校。
One of them, Alejandro,also graduates with us today, with the bachelor's degree in economic.
我的其中一位兄弟 亚历杭德罗。也是今天毕业生中的一员 他获得了经济学的学士学位。
I was uncertain and afraid when I applied to this prestigious university as an undocumented student.
当我以无证学生的身份申请这所著名的大学时 我既犹豫又害怕。
I didn't know if I would be accepted, wanted,or able to afford the Michigan Difference.
我不知道自己是否会被录取 是否是导师所想要的那种学生。也不知道自己是否有能力支付密歇根大学的学费。
When I arrived on campus, I was still uncertain but less afraid.
当我到达校园的时候 我仍然是很迷茫的 但我不再那么害怕了。
I realized that Michigan could be a space where I could be a scholar and an activist.
我意识到 密歇根大学一个是可以成为让我成为学者和活动家的地方。
Fellow student leaders and I founded La Casa.
我和其他学生领袖一起创办了La Casa这个组织。
a Latinx movement that advocates for more than 15 student organizations and over 2,000 students.
这项拉丁运动为15个以上学生组织和2000多名学生提供了支持。
Our persistent fight for the Latinx representation .
我们对争取拉丁裔学生地位的不懈努力。
has changed the campus experience for the Latinx community.
改变了拉丁裔社区学生的校园体验。
For this generation and the next.
我们的努力将持续影响这一代和下一代的拉丁裔学生。
I also realized my Ford education would help me challenge the policies and systems.
同样我也意识到 我在福特学院所接受的教育将帮助我去挑战。
that questioned my family's and other undocumented immigrants' existence in this country.
那些质疑我的家庭和其他非法移民在这个国家存在的政策和制度。
The lessons I've learned from mi Mamá yPapá, Detroit, and the University of Michigan.
我从爸爸妈妈 底特律这座城市和密歇根大学所学到的知识。
empowered me to boldly confront fear with courage.
赋予了我勇气 让我能够勇敢地面对我的恐惧。
U-M and my community have been my vehicle to so many opportunities.
密歇根大学和我的社区一直以来都是让我获得很多机会的平台。
including an internship with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute in the U.S. House of Representatives.
让我有机会在美国众议院的西班牙裔国会议员团研究所里实习。
I arrived at Michigan scared.
初到密歇根大学时 我的内心充满了恐惧。
but traveling across the country as a leader and scholar.
但随着后来 我以领袖和学者的身份踏遍了全国各地。
advocating for immigrant rights and working to empower those too often placed in the margins.
积极倡导移民权利 并努力帮助那些经常被边缘化的人。
has changed me.
我所做的这一切都深深地改变了我自己。
I now stand before you today, proud to say.
今天我可以站在你们面前 自豪地告诉大家。
I am undocumented and unafraid.
即使我没有合法移民证件 我也不害怕。
希望自己能够无所畏惧
希望自己无所畏惧 真的勇气很重要
我们恐惧的只是恐惧本身。
恐惧最可怕也最不可怕
😘
小小张说 回复 @朴炯炯: 继续刷,不要停
化恐惧为勇气的力量比想象中更强大~
化恐惧为勇气的力量比想象中更强大
化恐惧为勇气的力量比想象中更强大~~~明天参加面试,加油!祝自己面试成功!
小小张说 回复 @1859500nmaz: 恭喜你毕业了,面试顺利!!!