【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 155/Slight Cold 小寒(五)

【张艺兴】小蕾老师英语课堂 LESSON 155/Slight Cold 小寒(五)

00:00
11:00

Slight Cold(5)

小寒(五)

 

In everybody’s hearts, there will be an angel and a devil

每个人的心里都有天使和恶魔

> devil [ˈdevl]

n.魔鬼;淘气鬼;冒失鬼

Eg. I bet you were a little devil when you were youger.

我打赌你年轻的时候一定是个小淘气鬼。

vt.虐待,折磨,困扰;(替作家,律师等)做助手;抹辣味料

过去式: deviled/devilled 过去分词: deviled/devilled 现在分词: deviling/devilling

Eg. The little boy devils papa for a toy.

这个小男孩缠着爸爸买玩具。

Eg. She devils for the writer.

她是这位作家的助手。

 

People will get lazy, who won't get lazy? I get lazy as well.

人都是有惰性的,谁没有惰性?包括我也一样,都有。

Sometimes when I practise till I am too tired,

有时候练习到一半太累了

I will lie on the ground and tell myself

就躺在地板上跟自己说:

“1 really can't do it anymore, I really don't want to practise anymore!”

“真的坚持不下去啦,真的不想练啦!”

But when I look around me, those who are younger than me,

但看看周围,看到那些比我小的

who dance better than I do, who sing better than I do are practising diligently.

跳得比我好的,唱歌比我好的人都在更努力地练

> diligently ['dɪlɪdʒəntlɪ]

adv.用心;孜孜不倦;勤勉地,勤奋地

diligent [ˈdɪlɪdʒənt]

adj.勤奋的;勤勉的;用功的;费尽心血的

Eg. He made a diligent attempt to learn English.

他勤奋地学习英语。

Eg. Their students are diligent in/at/about their studies.

他们的学生勤奋学习。


A ball of fire rises in my heart,

心中就会升起一团火

and I will tell myself, will I keep practising?

就会跟自己说,你还练不练?

Practise, and I will get up and continue.

练,一翻身爬起来,继续。

 

In my heart, there is always a devil and an angel,

我心里面一直都住着一个恶魔和一个天使

and they are always conversing.

他们一直在对话

I have believed in dragons since I was young,

我从小就相信龙

which is why I feel that there's always a dragon residing in my heart.

所以才会觉得自己心里住着一条龙

> reside [rɪˈzaɪd]

vi.住,居住,留驻;(性质)存在,具备;(权力等)属于,归于

过去式: resided 过去分词: resided 现在分词: residing

Eg. This family has resided in this city for 60 years.

这个家族住在本城已有60年了。

Eg. The real power resides in/with the people.

真正的权力属于人民。

But this dragon always exceeds my imaginations,

但这条龙却总是超出我的想象

both the bad dragon and the angel dragon always fight noisily in my head.

所以有一个坏龙和一个天使龙在我的脑子里总是唠唠叨叨地吵架

The bad always says,

坏龙总是说

“You should just succumb to fate, you are not suited to do this,

“你应该认命,你不是吃这碗饭的料

others are better than you. There's no use putting in effort!"

别人比你好多了。努力没用的!”

On the other hand, the angel dragon tells me

而天使龙告诉我:

“When you work hard, it definitely pays off, you are your own hero,

“努力就会有回报,你就是你自己的英雄

everybody has something that they are good at,

每个人都有自己擅长的地方

you will win as long as you are doing something that you are good at."

做你擅长的事你就赢了。”

Mostly, I listen more to the angel dragon’s words.

基本上我听天使龙的比较多


BGM: 相心80s - 魔鬼中的天使 钢琴版(Cover 田馥甄)


以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!