0:00 2008年英语专业四级 对话1
1:24 2008年英语专业四级 对话2
3:16 2008年英语专业四级 对话3
2008年英语专业四级 对话1
Is that Anne Shaw?
是安妮·肖吗?
Yes,speaking.
是的,请讲。
Hello,it's Eric from London.
你好,我是伦敦的埃里克。
Hello,Eric. How can I help you?
你好,埃里克。我能帮你什么吗?
I'm fixing up our next project team meeting and I just wanted to check some possible dates with you.
我正在安排下一个项目小组会议,我只是想和你核对一下可能的日期。
Fine.Let me just get my diary. OK. Which dates are you looking at?
很好。我去拿我的笔记本。好的。哪个日期比较方便呢?
I've spoken to the others and they prefer either the third week of May or the second week of June.
我和其他人谈过了,他们五月的第三周或六月的第二周是可以的。
Yes,both those weeks are pretty clear at the moment, except for the eleventh of June.
好的,除了6月11日,其他时间都可以。
Right, I've got that.
好的,我记下了。
So,where's the meeting taking place this time?
这次会议在哪里举行呢?
It was going to be in London, but I spoke to Carlos in Mexico City and he suggested Chicago. He thinks it'll be more convenient for most of the team.
本来要在伦敦,但我和墨西哥城的卡洛斯谈过,他建议去芝加哥。他认为这对团队的大多数人来说会更方便。
He's probably right. It would certainly be much easier for me as well, because I can fly from Toronto. And I'm sure you could find a meeting room somewhere near the airport.
他可能是对的。对我来说当然也容易多了,因为我可以从多伦多飞过来。我肯定你能在机场附近找到一个会议室。
That's a good idea. I'll check out some hotels in that area and get back to you towards the end of the week.
这是一个好主意。我会看一下那个地区的一些酒店,然后在周末之前给你回复。
Fine,but I'm not in the office on Friday.
好的,但是星期五我不在办公室。
OK,I'll call you later in the afternoon on Thursday.
好的,我周四下午晚些时候给你打电话。
No problem. Bye!
没问题。再见!
2008年英语专业四级 对话2
We're having a debate on advertising Thursday evening, and I have to take part.
我们星期四晚上要进行广告辩论,我必须参加。
That's interesting. I should like to hear what people think about advertising.
这很有趣。我想听听人们对广告的看法。
What's there to say? We must have advertising, mustn't we?
我们一定要做广告,是吗?
Why?
为什么?
Well,we wouldn't know what there was to buy if we didn't have advertisements.
如果没有广告,我们就不知道要买什么。
Yes,that's true, up to a point. Advertisements provide information that we need. If someone has produced a new article, naturally the seller wants to tell us about it.
然而,在某种程度上,这是事实。广告提供我们需要的信息。如果有人生产了一个新物品,卖家自然会告诉我们。
Yes,and the advertisements tell us which product is the best.
是的,广告告诉我们哪个产品是最好的。
Do they? I don't think so. Every manufacturer says that his product is the best,or at least tries to give the impression. Only one can be the best, so the others are misleading, aren't they?
他们吗?我不这么想。每个制造商都说他的产品是最好的,或者至少是想给人留下好印象。只有一个是最好的,所以其他的都是误导,不是吗?
Well,in a way, I suppose, but we don't have to believe them, do we?
嗯,在某种程度上,我想,但我们不一定要相信他们,不是吗?
Are you saying that advertisements aren't effective?
你是说广告没有效果吗?
I don't think that intelligent businessmen would spend millions of dollars on advertising if nobody believes the advertisements, do you?
如果没有人相信这些广告,我不认为聪明的商人会在广告上花费数百万美元,你认为呢?
Perhaps not, but after all, it's their money that they're spending.
也许不是,但毕竟,他们花的是自己的钱。
Is it? I think not. The cost of advertising is added to the price of the article.
是吗?我认为不是。广告费用是加在商品价格上的。
You and I and all the other people who buy the article pay for the advertising.
你和我以及所有其他购买这个物品的人都要为广告付费。
Well,I suppose we get something for our money-some information.
好吧,我想我们的钱可以得到——一些信息。
Yes, but don't forget it's often misleading information, and sometimes harmful.
是的,但是不要忘记它经常是误导信息,有时是有害的。
Harmful?
有害的?
What about advertisements designed to persuade young people to smoke cigarettes? Wouldn't you say they're harmful?
说服年轻人吸烟而设计的广告怎么样?它们不是有害的吗?
You've given me a lot to think about. I'm quite looking forward to the debate now!
你告诉我的这些信息我需要好好消化一下。我现在不期待辩论了!
2008年英语专业四级 对话3
So Mr. Brown, this is your bed, and as you can see, there are three other beds in the ward. Have you got everything you need?
布朗先生,这是你的床,正如你所看到的,病房里还有另外三张床。你需要的东西都准备好了吗?
Yes,nurse, I think so. I followed the hospital's advice and I've only brought a few belongings with me.
是的,护士,我想是的。我听从了医院的建议,只带了几件行李。
Good,you can see the reasons why we ask you to do that. The cupboard is really very small.
很好,你可以看到我们要求你这么做的原因。这个碗柜真的很小。
Yes.Nurse, can you tell me what the visiting hours are?
是的。护士,您能告诉我探病时间吗?
Yes,of course. They're in the afternoon from 2:30 to 4:30 and in the evening from 7:00 to 8:00. But remember that only two people can see you at the same time.
好的,当然。下午2:30到4:30,晚上7:00到8:00。但要记住,一次最多有两个人探病。
I see. What other rules are there?
我明白了。还有什么规则呢?
Yes.We start pretty early. We wake you at 6:00 and breakfast is at 8:00; Lunch is at noon; there's tea at 3:30 and supper is at 6:00.
是的。我们起床很早。我们6点叫醒你,8点吃早餐;正午吃午餐;下午三点半有茶,六点钟吃晚餐。
Oh,that's very different from what I've been used to. You'd better tell me therest of the rules here.
哦,这和我以前的习惯很不一样。你最好告诉我这里的其他规则。
Yes.Well, you can see the no smoking sign. We don't allow smoking in the wards, and the same goes for alcohol. However, if you do need to smoke, there are special lounges.
是的。嗯,你可以看到禁止吸烟的标志。我们不允许在病房吸烟,也不允许喝酒。然而,如果你确实需要吸烟,有专门的休息室。
Oh, I don't smoke, so it doesn't affect me.
哦,我不抽烟,所以对我没有什么影响。
Good.
真好。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!