常速:孤独

常速:孤独

00:00
01:32

Solitude By Ella Wheeler Wilcox

——Read by Meryl Streep


Laugh, and the world laughs with you;

微笑 世界也会向你微笑

Weep, and you weep alone;

哭泣 你只能独自哭泣

For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,

因为这悲哀的古老大地必须寻找快乐

But has trouble enough of its own.

而它自己的烦恼已经够多

Sing, and the hills will answer;

歌唱 群山会回给你回应

Sigh, it is lost on the air;

叹息 只能消失在空气中

The echoes bound to a joyful sound,

愉快的声音一定会有阵阵回声

But shrink from voicing care.

而忧郁的声音将会消失

Rejoice, and men will seek you;

你快乐 人们也会与你相伴

Grieve, and they turn and go;

你悲伤 他们便会转身离去

They want full measure of all your pleasure,

他们想要分享你所有的快乐

But they do not need your woe.

却不需要你的悲伤

Be glad, and your friends are many;

变得快乐 你会拥有很多朋友

Be sad, and you lose them all,

变得忧郁 你将会失去他们

There are none to decline your nectared wine,

没有人会拒绝与你共饮美酒

But alone you must drink life's gall.

然而生活的苦涩却需你独自承受

Feast, and your halls are crowded;

宴请 你的大厅会人潮拥挤

Fast, and the world goes by.

孤立 你只能随着世界流逝

Succeed and give, and it helps you live,

成功 给予 是你生活的动力

But no man can help you die.

但没有人能助你死去

There is room in the halls of pleasure

快乐的殿堂里

For a long and lordly train,

容得下一列宽敞气派的火车

But one by one we must all file on

然而我们必须一个接一个的

Through the narrow aisles of pain.

穿过这狭长隧道般的岁月磨难

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!