I was 15 years old at that time.
我15岁那年。
And I had this tremendous support from the U.S. ski team, from a morale level, from emotional level.
美国滑雪队给了我莫大的支持,无论是从心理还是情绪上。
In the sense that, when I told them that I wanted to compete for China in the upcoming Olympics, that it was to inspire young girls, it was to spread the sport and it was to create a shared future of globalism, they were 100% behind me.
正因为如此,当我告诉他们,我想在即将到来的奥运会上代表中国队出战,因为我想鼓励广大年轻女性,也想推广这项运动,更希望助力打造一个全球命运共同体,他们表示完全支持我的想法。
And they will continue to be incredibly supportive, and the same is true of the Chinese side.
他们一直都非常力挺我,中国对我也同样支持。
And so I think with that said, it really was about spreading the sport to people who may never have even heard of it before.
总之我的想法就是,要让那些可能从未接触过这项运动的人都能了解它。
And who especially as young girls, and who may not have that kind of representation that they see on TV to be able to have that.
尤其是年轻女性,让她们也能做出像在电视上看到的那样精彩绝伦的动作。
That was my really my sole reason for doing that.
这就是我决定这么做的原因。
Do you have any regrets at all about your decision? Why or why not.
你后悔做出这个决定吗?让你后悔或者不后悔的原因又是什么呢?
I don't have regrets about my decision.
我不后悔。
Because I think that, every day when I start looking at my social media and I see DMs, and I see hundreds of young girls sending me messages saying, because of you, because of what you did at the Olympics, you inspired me to start skiing, to break my own boundaries, to sit with someone new at lunch, to try something that I never thought was possible before.
因为我是这么想的,每天当我浏览我的社交媒体,看到人们发给我的私信时,能看到成百上千的年轻女孩给我留言说,因为你,因为你在奥运会上的表现让我深受鼓舞,在你的影响下我开始滑雪,不断突破自己的极限,也有人说,自己能勇敢的和新认识的朋友共进午餐,以及去尝试做一些以前认为不可能完成的事情。
And because of you, I feel like I am better as a person.
因为你,我觉得我能成为更好的自己。
And when I read messages like that, it's galvanizes me too.
每当我读到这样的留言时,都大为感动。
And it's this positive reinforcing cycle in which it's not really an idol and a fan.
这是一种积极的良性循环,这绝对不是传统意义上偶像和粉丝的关系。
Really, it's it's friends moving together.
真的,我们就像是朋友之间在互动。
And when someone does well, I want to celebrate their successes and build off of them.
当得知有人取得不错成绩的时候,我很想为他们庆祝,并以他们为榜样。
And when they do well, you know,it's kind of moves like that and in that sense, I think that it is really beautiful.
当他们一切顺利的时候,类似这样的情况,我就会觉得太赞了。
And I also think that it has been this incredible opportunity worldwide.
我还认为它(冬奥会)对于全世界来说都是一个不可多得的机遇。
You know, it's not just in China.
不仅仅对中国。
It is in the US.
对美国。
It's in Canada, it's in Europe.
对加拿大、欧洲。
And it's in all these places where free skiing wasn't visible before.
所有那些之前对自由滑雪知之甚少的国家都从中受益。
And now it is.
现在人们终于增加了滑雪运动的了解程度。
And that's the bottom line.
这就是我们必须要做的事情。
And I think that that is something that's really incredible.
我认为这非常了不起。
And that's something I'm really proud of.
这是让我真正引以为豪的。
And I think that is a global effort moving forward.
我认为全世界正在努力携手前行。
great girl with a super mind