Scene five, take one!
第五场,第一条!
Scene two, take one!
第二场,第一条!
Okay. -How are you doing?
我准备好了。-最近怎么样?
I'm doing great, how are you?
我很好,你呢?
I was a nurse for 41 years.
我成为一名护士已经有41年了。
18 years.
18年。
8 years.
8年。
13 years.
13年。
So I've been a student nurse.
我曾经是一名实习护士。
Started out as a nurse's aide.
我刚开始是一名护士助理。
I'm a nurse practitioner.
我是一名执业护士。
Assistant head nurse.
我是护士长助理。
I've been an ICU nurse.
我做过重症监护室护士。
Head nurse.
我做过护士长。
Rapid response nurse.
我做过快速反应护士。
Nurse supervisor.
我做过护理督导。
Critical care transport nurse.
我做过重症监护转运护士。
Nurse manager.
我做过护士管理员。
I've done so many things.
我做过很多种工作。
"Nurse: a person who cares for the sick or infirm." So would you say that that encapsulates everything it is to be a nurse?
“护士就是照顾病人或体弱者的人。”所以你认为这句话能概括一名护士的所有工作吗?
Uh absolutely not.
当然不能。
Nursing is so much broader than that.
护士的工作内容要广泛得多。
Definitely more to it.
绝对不止这些。
I think that we do more than that.
我认为我们的工作内容远不止这些。
Nurses are caretakers. Caregivers. Nurses are workhorses. Scientists. Geniuses. Educators.
护士是看护人、护理人员、苦力、科学家、天才、教育家。
Leaders, trailblazers.
是领导者、先锋。
And we're entrepreneurs, politicians, athletes. Fixers...especially with tape!
我们是企业家、政治家、运动员。修理工……主要是用胶带!
Mothers, fathers, sons, daughters.
还是母亲、父亲、儿子、女儿。
Nurses are human beings who are empathetic and kind.
护士是有同情心和善良的人。
Underpaid, overworked.
工资过低,工作过度。
And nurses are fabulous.
护士们非常棒。
To me nurses are just caring people.
对我来说,护士只是关心体贴他人的人。
Nurses are very powerful.
护士是非常强大的。
Powerful. Protectors. Strong. It's hard to put what we do into one word.
强大。保护者。有力量。我们所做的一切很难用一个词语来概括。
The small amount of time that I'm able to make a difference in a patient's life really feeds my soul and there is nothing else I would rather do.
我能够用这一小段时间来改变病人的人生,这真的滋润了我的灵魂,没有任何工作能替代。
It's so rewarding and joyful when you can get your patient well and send them home to their family, that is like the greatest joy.
你能让你的病人康复并把他们送回家人身边,这是非常有意义并且快乐的事情,差不多是一生中最大的快乐。
It's not just a job.
护士不仅仅是一份工作。
It's never just a job, it's really a dedication.
护士从来都不只是一份工作,而是一种奉献。
You're always feeling a calling to go and help and treat patients and and try to do the best that you can.
你会一直觉得帮助和治疗病人是一种使命,并且会尽你所能做到最好。
There's no greater feeling than doing CPR on a patient and getting a pulse back, it's one of the greatest highs.
没有什么比给病人做完心脏复苏术后恢复脉搏的感觉更棒,这是最让人兴奋的地方。
The most challenging aspect of being a nurse is knowing that you did everything for the patient even if the outcome is negative.
作为一名护士,最具挑战性的一面是,你为病人付出了一切却不一定能有一个好结果。
When the outcome is positive everybody's happy and smiling.... the outcomes are not always positive, because that's just life.
而结果是好的的时候,每个人都很开心,面带微笑……但是结果并不总是好的,因为这就是人生。
But you have to know that you did the best that you can.
但你要知道你已经尽力了。
And then after your shift you have to go home and you know be a father, husband.
下班后你得回家变回父亲、丈夫。
That's tough.
人生太难了。
My first career was on Wall Street.
我的第一份工作是在华尔街。
My life changed when I saw the second plane hit on September 11, and since then I started thinking about what I would do next and make my life more fulfilling.
当我9月11日看到第二架飞机坠毁时,我的生活发生了改变。从那时起,我开始思考我接下来要做什么,让我的生活更充实。
I will never make the money I made back then but....community and people, I've realized are more important.
我永远赚不回我当时能赚到的钱,但是……我觉得社区和人更重要。
I am a second-generation nurse.
我是第二代护士。
My mother is a retired nurse, so the feeling of walking across that stage and obtaining my nursing degree definitely hit home for her and I can see the tears of joy.
我的母亲是一名退休护士,所以当我走过讲台并获得护理学位的时刻绝对打动了她,我能看到她流出喜悦的泪水。
I know it sounds kind of cliche, but from the time I was a little girl, I wanted to be a nurse.
我知道这听起来有点老套,但是当我还是个小女孩的时候,我就想成为一名护士了。
And when I got into it I thoroughly loved it.
等我投身其中后,我就彻底爱上了这份工作。
I'm not gonna lie and say there weren't hard times and bad times but I just loved being a nurse.
我不想撒谎说没有困难和糟糕的时候,但我就是喜欢当护士。
Nurses are more than what you see at the bedside, we do so many things.
护士不仅仅会做你在病床边看到的那些工作,我们还会做很多工作。
As a nursing supervisor in school health, I was at a school and I was dressed similar to the way I am now, and I met with the principal of the school and she says, "I've never seen a nurse dressed like you." Most people say, "what hospital do you work in?"
作为学校卫生部门的护理员,我当时在一所学校里,穿着和现在差不多,我去见学校的校长,她说:“我从来没见过护士穿得像你一样。”大多数人会问:“你在哪家医院工作?”
That's been the question I've had all my life, and I said, "I haven't worked in a hospital in over 40 years." We are entrepreneurs, we are leaders.
这是我一生都在思考的问题,然后我回答说,“我已经40多年没有在医院工作了。”我们是企业家,我们是领导者。
Nurses, you are powerful!
护士们,你们很强大!
We have been integral in the shortage of health care providers that this country has faced.
我们在这个国家面临的医务工作者短缺的问题上一直是不可或缺的存在。
As nurses, we metaphorically hold the hospital, our patients, and healthcare together.
作为护士,我们把医院、病人和医疗保健联系在一起。
The greatest part of being a nurse was just taking care of my patients, being there for them just to help them and just to advocate for them.
作为一名护士,最重要的工作内容就是照顾我的病人,在他们身边提供帮助与支持。
Nurses are friends to the patients as well as the families and to each other.
护士是病人、家属和彼此的朋友。
How long have you known each other?
你们认识多久了?
For a long time!
很久很久了!
We are friends forever.
我们是一辈子的朋友。
We're sisters.
我们是姐妹。
The bond that we have, no one could take away.
我们之间的感情纽带,没有人能拿走。
Teamwork is very important -- we need to collaborate with the doctors, the respiratory therapists, family members, the pharmacists.... There's a lot of teamwork involved with being a nurse.
团队合作非常重要——我们需要和医生、呼吸治疗师、家庭成员、药剂师等合作……护士工作涉及到很多团队合作。
There's a camaraderie with nurses and that's what I had -- we were all just there for each other and we have each other's backs.
护士之间有一种同志情谊,这就是我所拥有的——我们都在彼此身边,互相扶持。
Happy Nurses Week!
护士周快乐!
This Nurses Week, NurseJournal is celebrating what it truly means to be a nurse.
这个护士周,《护士杂志》正在庆祝作为护士的真实意义。
Because nurses are so much more than just caregivers at the bedside.
因为护士不仅仅是床边的护理人员。
Because a nurse is never just a nurse.
因为护士从来不仅仅是护士。
The sky's the limit, there's so much we can do and I don't think that we all as a community know the power that we have in healthcare.
我们的工作没有限制,可以做到很多事情,我不认为整个社区都知道我们在医疗保健方面的力量。
I love being a nurse, I love what I do, I love taking care of patients, I love taking care of their families.
我喜欢当一名护士,我喜欢我做的工作,我喜欢照顾病人,我喜欢照顾他们的家人。
I can't see myself doing any other profession.
我无法想象自己从事其他职业。
Becoming a nurse and going to nursing school, I learned a lot about myself, who I was, and even today I learned something new every day.
成为一名护士,上了护理学校,我对自己有了很多了解,甚至到今天,我每天都能学到新东西。
I feel like I made the best decision ever.
我觉得我做了有史以来最好的决定。
And it's not an easy trick, it's not an easy job, but we do it because we know we have to do it and we want to do it, because it's a job that has to be done.
这不是一个简单的技巧,不是一项简单的工作,但我们做护士是因为我们知道必须要做,我们想做,因为这是一个必须有人做的工作。
I'm proud to be a nurse.
我很骄傲能够成为一名护士。
Once a nurse, always a nurse.
一日为护士,终生为护士。
背景音乐太吵了