【每日一词】掌握这个词缀,词汇量瞬间增长几倍!

【每日一词】掌握这个词缀,词汇量瞬间增长几倍!

00:00
01:19

每日一句地道美语表达,欢迎关注有温度有态度的微信公众号: 

看美剧学地道英语口语 (jerryhuenglish)

获取该音频详细讲解

公众号后台回复剧名“生活大爆炸”获取原声音频mp3中英视频



-ish

-ish is added to nouns and names to form adjectives which indicate that someone or something is like a particular kind of person or thing. 

ish(用于名词和姓名之后构成形容词)

表示“像(某类人或事物)的”,“有…特征的”


For example, 


She had entirely lost her girlish chubbiness. 

她完全没有了少女时胖嘟嘟的感觉。


...a man of monkish appearance. 

一个修道士模样的男人


childish

[ˈtʃaɪldɪʃ]

adj.幼稚的; 孩子气的; 不复杂的;


举个栗子


ADJ-GRADED (尤指成年人)幼稚的,孩子气的

If you describe someone, especially an adult, as childish, you disapprove of them because they behave in an immature way.


...Penny's selfish and childish behaviour... 

彭妮自私、幼稚的举动


Don't be so childish

别这么不懂事。


美剧<<生活大爆炸>>中有一段关于childish的对话

摘自生活大爆炸S10E14

以下是对话文本


Hey, are you okay?

人家很不好

Not really.

你怎么了

What's going on?

我真希望自己没用过那机器

I wish I never tried that device.

我知道上次用过按摩椅后  我也说了同样的话

And I know I said the same thing after the massage chair,

但这次我是认真的

but this time I mean it.

我很抱歉莱纳德和佩妮伤害了你的感情

I'm sorry Leonard and Penny hurt your feelings.

比那个严重多了

It's more than that.

是我的问题

It's me.

我一直都知道

I always knew

自己在解读别人情绪方面有困难

I had trouble recognizing other people's emotions,

但机器把这个问题凸显了出来

but that machine just made it so real.

每个人都有需要帮助的问题

Well, everybody has things that they need help with.

比如我  我摘了眼镜就看不清楚

Like me-- I can't see without my glasses.

现在我看你就是一个可爱的粉团子

And right now you're just a, a cute, pink smudge wearing

裹着一身孩子气的绿团子

childish green smudge.

我以为自己有进步了  结果并没有

I thought I was getting better at it, but clearly I'm not.

你改善很多了

Yes, you are.

好几次我不开心时

There have definitely been days

你都看出来了

when I was sad and you could tell.

但那就像是瓮中捉鳖  手到擒来

Yeah, but that's shooting fish in a barrel.

你本身就是个悲伤聚合体

You're kind of a sad sack.

抱歉  我不该怎么说

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that.

我只是很难过

I'm just upset.

不  你看

No, see, right there,

你能觉察到你伤了我的心

you knew you hurt my feelings.

我真为你骄傲

And I'm proud of you--

这肯定是受了我爸影响

for reasons I'm sure have something to do with my father.

如果你不喜欢那台机器

And if you don't like

就不要用了

that machine, get rid of it.

因为我爱的就是原来的你

Because I love you exactly the way you are.

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!