The Mosquito and the Lion
蚊子和狮子
It is a hot summer day. A Lion is sleeping under the shade. A little Mosquito sees the sleeping Lion.这是个炎热的夏日,一只狮子在树荫下睡觉。一只小蚊子看到正在睡觉的狮子。
Look at that big Lion. He's sleeping. I will wake him up And make him mad. This is going to be fun. Ha, ha, ha.看看那只大狮子,他在睡觉。我要吵醒他,气气他。一定很好玩。哈哈哈。
The Mosquito buzzes around the Lion's head.蚊子在狮子头上嗡嗡地叫起来。
Wake up, you big lazy Lion! Zzz...Zzz...快起来,你这只大懒狮子。嗡……嗡……
Uh... Who is it? Who is making all that noise?哈……(打哈欠)谁啊?(声音困倦,半闭着眼睛)谁这么吵?
It's me. I'm a Mosquito.是我,我是蚊子。
A Mosquito? Stop bothering me and go away. I'm sleeping.蚊子?不要吵我,快走开!我在睡觉。
I don't want to go away. I like it here. Zzz...Zzz...我偏不走。我喜欢这而。嗡……嗡……
I'm warning you. Go away before I get mad.我警告你啊!在我发火之前赶快走开。
I don't care. I am not afraid of you.我才不在乎呢。我不怕你。
What?You're not afraid me, the king of Animals?什么?你不怕我这个万兽之王?
The Lion gets curious and slowly opens his eyes. The Mosquito is so small that the Lion can't easily see it.狮子觉的好奇,他慢慢睁开了眼睛。蚊子太小了,狮子看不见他。
Where are you? I can't see you. Are you hiding?你在哪里?我看不见你,你躲起来了吗?
Of course not. Here I am. I'm on top of your nose.当然没有。我在这儿,在你的鼻子尖上。
My nose? Oh, there you are. You are so small.我的鼻子?哦,你在这儿啊。你真小啊!
I may be small, but I am fast. I can also fly. Can you?我是很小,可是我行动很快!我还会飞,你会吗?
I can't fly. But I'm the strongest of all of the animals.我不会飞,但是我是所有动物中最强壮的。
Catch me then.那你来抓我啊!
The Lion tries to catch the Mosquito, but fails.狮子试着去抓蚊子,可是没有抓到。
You can't catch me. So I am stronger than you.你住不到我,所以我比你还强。
A litter insect like you? Ha! Ha! Ha! That's nonsense.像你这样一只小小的昆虫?哈哈哈!荒唐。
Size is not important. You can't catch me. But I can chase you away.身体的大小并不能代表什么。你抓不到我。但是我却可以 把你赶走。
You? Chase me away? That's impossible.你?赶走我?不可能的事。
I can do it. Do you want to make a bet?我当然可以。你敢跟我打个赌吗?
Make a bet with you? Why not? But how will you chase me away? 跟你打赌?好啊。不过你想怎么赶走我?
You'll find out. If you run away from me, I win.你会知道的。如果你逃跑。我就嬴了。
This is getting interesting. Okay. I accept your bet. But if I win, you better fly away from here.这事儿真是越来越有意思了。好,我跟你打赌。不过如果我嬴了,你最好飞走。
Sure. It's a deal.好,一言为定。
I'll give you ten minutes.我给你十分钟的时间。
Okay. Before I begin, this is your last chance to give up.好的。在我开始行动之前,你还有最后一次投降的机会。
Forget it!想都别想!
Here I go then! Zzz...Zzz...那我开始了。嗡……嗡……
The Mosquito flies around the Lion and bites the Lion's nose. He doesn't fell anything.蚊子开始围着狮子飞起来,一边飞一边叮着狮子的鼻子。可是狮子并没有什么感觉。
Did you start yet?你开始了吗?
Yes. Didn't you feel it? Didn't it hurt?是的,你感觉到了吗?疼吗?
I didn't feel a thing. I told you. You are no match for me. Just go away and let me sleep.我一点儿感觉也没有。我告诉过你了,你没法儿跟我比。你快走开,让我睡觉。
No way! You'll feel something soon.想得美!你很快就会有感觉的。
The Mosquito bites the Lion's nose, ears, and paws. But it is no use. This time the Mosquito gets mad.蚊子叮了狮子的鼻子,耳朵和爪子。可是一点儿用也没有。这下蚊子生气了。
Uh... Little Mosquito, it's no use. Just give up.哈……(打哈欠)小蚊子,没有用的。你认输吧!
Stay right here. I'll get my friends.你在这儿等着。我去把我的朋们叫过来。
It still won't work.没有用的!
Oh yeah! We'll see about that.是吗!那我们等着瞧吧。
The Mosquito asks his friends for help.蚊子去找朋友们帮忙。
What's that noise? Oh my goodness! There are so many of them! They're coming at me!那是什么声音?噢,天啊!这么多只蚊子!他们冲着我飞过来了。
More than a dozen Mosquitos attack the Lion at once.几十只蚊子一起攻击狮子。
Ouch, ouch! That stings. Stop! Stop! That hurts.哎呀!哎呀!痒死了!住手!住手!真疼啊!
Keep attacking. He'll give up soon.继续叮,他就快投降了。
Stop it!停下!
Go on!继续!
I can't stand it anymore. It stings everywhere. I give up.我受不了了了,浑身都痒。我投降!
The Lion runs far away from the Mosquitos.狮子从蚊子群中逃走了。
Look at him run! Ha, ha, ha.瞧他那副狼狈样!哈哈哈!
The Mosquito's friends all go back home. The little Mosquito feels so good that he keeps flying around. 蚊子的朋友们回家了。小蚊子觉得开心极了,他不停的四处飞着。
He doesn't see the spider web just ahead.可是他没有看到前面的蜘蛛网。
What a day! I feel so good. But wait a minute. What's this? I can't move. I'm stuck!真是美好的一天!我感觉好极了。等等,这是什么?我动不了了。我被粘住了!
Hello there, little Mosquito. I have been waiting for you. You will be my lunch today.你好啊!小蚊子。我已经等了你很久啦!你将成为我今天的午餐。
I'm stuck in a spider web!!! I just chased away a Lion, But I can't get away from a Spider. Boo-hoo-hoo.我被蜘蛛网粘住了!我刚赶走了一只狮子,但是现在却没有办法从蜘蛛网里脱身了。呜……呜……
Come here. Gulp!来吧,咕噜!
MORAL:Always be humble.寓言:做人要谦虚。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!