海伦娜·伯翰·卡特 | 朗读诗歌《警告》

海伦娜·伯翰·卡特 | 朗读诗歌《警告》

00:00
01:24

Warning

《警告》


—— by Jenny Joseph


When I am an old woman I shall wear purple,

当我变成一个老奶奶,我就一身紫衣装扮,

With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

配一顶红帽子;管它风格搭不搭,颜色艳不艳。

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves,

我要把养老金拿来买白兰地和夏季手套,

And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.

外加一双缎子凉鞋,然后说我们没钱买黄油啦。


I shall sit down on the pavement when I m tired,

累了就往马路牙上一坐,

And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells.

狼吞虎咽吃商店送的样品,乱摁警报。

And run my stick along the public railings,

边走边拿棍子再公共栏杆上划,

And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

弥补年轻那会儿的谨小慎微留下的遗憾。


I shall go out in my slippers in the rain,

我要趿拉着拖鞋去雨里泡,

And pick flowers in other people's gardens

到别人园子里去采花草

and learn to spit.

还要学着吐唾沫。


You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat,

你可以穿不像样的衬衣,长地更胖,

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go,

一口吃下三磅腊肠,

Or only bread and pickle for a week,

也可以仅用面包和泡菜打发一星期,

And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

把钢笔铅笔酒杯垫子统统藏到各种箱子里。


But now we must have clothes that keep us dry,

可眼下我们必须要让衣服保持干爽,

And pay our rent and not swear in the street,

必须交房租,不得再街上骂骂咧咧,

And set a good example for the children.

必须为孩子们树立一个好榜样。

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

我们必须请朋友吃饭,还须看报。


But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

不过或许我现在应该练一会儿?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised,

这样,等我突然老了,开始穿紫袍,

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

认识我的人便不至于大跌眼镜。



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!