Atropa belladonna will kill you.
颠茄会致命。
Datura will put you to sleep, forever.
曼陀罗属会让你睡着,直到永远。
Aconitum will kill you.
乌头属会让你死掉。
Laurel will produce cyanide and kill you.
月桂树会产生氰化物,夺走你的性命。
Every plant here in the Poison Garden is poisonous and has the ability to kill you.
在毒花园里的每一种植物都有毒,且有办法杀死你。
My name's Trevor Jones, and I'm the head gardener of Alnwick Garden.
我的名字是 Trevor Jones,阿尼克花园的主园艺师。
This plant is giant hogweed.
这种植物叫做大豕草。
It will get up to around about eight foot high.
会长到大约八英尺高。
It's phototoxic, so it will burn your skin and give you blisters for up to seven years.
这种植物具光毒性,会灼伤你的皮肤,使你长达七年的时间长满水泡。
This garden is set in the war garden of the old castle in Northumberland, U.K. We've had around about 95 plants, and we're adding to the collection all the time.
这是位于英国诺森伯兰郡一座旧城堡中的战争花园。我们已经有大约九十五种植物,品种一直在增加。
This plant is Aconitum, or monkshood.
这种植物叫做乌头属,又名附子属。
Wonderful blue flowers, but the whole of the plant is poisonous.
美丽的蓝色花朵,但整株植物都有毒。
The berries, crushed up and fed to you, will kill you.
你把果实捏扁吃掉的话,会死人。
The leaves themselves will kill you also, as will the root and the stem.
它们的叶片也会致死,根和茎也一样致命。
We have to also maintain the garden, so we have to tend the plants.
我们也必须要维护花园,所以我们得照顾植物。
And when we do that, we have to be very careful of the way we operate.
我们工作的时候得非常注意处理的方式。
So, we have to cover some of our skin when we deal with particularly dangerous plants.
处理这些特别危险的植物时,我们得把皮肤覆盖住。
This plant is laurel.
这株植物是月桂树。
It produces cyanide, and we all know what that'll do to you.
桂冠会产生氰化物,我们都知道那对人类会有什么影响。
So it was the brainchild of the duchess, the Duchess of Northumberland.
这座花园是公爵夫人的作品,诺森伯兰公爵夫人。
So, rather than having a herb garden, she decided to create more interest and have a poison garden.
比起建一座药草花园,她决定增加一点吸引力,让这座花园变成毒花园。
They're very, very common plants.
这些其实都是非常、非常常见的植物。
In fact, a lot of them are what we called cottage garden plants, and they're grown in many people's gardens, but people don't know how harmful they actually are.
事实上,很多植物都是我们所谓村舍花园中会有的植物,很多人家中的庭院都有,但大家不知道它们对人类如此有害。
This is Atropa belladonna.
这株是颠茄。
Four berries are enough to kill a child.
四颗果子就足以让一个小孩致命。
People are intrigued by poisonous plants.
人们对这些有毒植物充满好奇心。
I'm often very worried when they come out because many of them will be growing these plants at home, and they don't realize the powerful impact plants can have on us as humans.
大家参观完花园出来后,我常常会很担心,因为很多人回家就会想要种这些毒植物,他们不知道这些植物对人类会造成多大的影响。
Is it something that you find fascinating?
你觉得这份工作很迷人吗?
Definitely.
当然。
Why?
为什么?
It's a good way to get rid of your wife.
这是个摆脱老婆的好方式。
I don't know.
我不知道啦。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!