每日一句地道美语表达,欢迎关注有温度有态度的微信公众号:
看美剧学地道英语口语 (jerryhuenglish)
获取该音频详细讲解
公众号后台回复剧名“老友记”获取原声音频mp3及中英视频
abandon
[əˈbændən]
vt.放弃,抛弃; 离弃,丢弃; 使屈从; 停止进行,终止
n.放任,放纵; 完全屈从于压制;
变形
过去式: abandoned 过去分词: abandoned 现在分词: abandoning 第三人称单数: abandons
举个栗子
The officers and crew prepared to abandon ship in an orderly fashion.
全体船员秩序井然地准备弃船。
The market might abandon the stock, and knock down its price.
市场可能会抛售该股票,从而令其股价下跌。
The scheme's investors, fearful of bankruptcy, decided to abandon the project.
因为担心破产,该计划的投资者决定放弃这个项目。
摘自老友记S05E13
以下是对话文本
All right, I'd better go too. I got to go meet my dad.
我也该走了 我得去见我爸了
Ooh, Pheebs, what are you gonna say?
菲比 你打算怎么说
Are you gonna tell him who you are?
你会表明你的身份吗
Umm, no, not at first 'cause I-I don't want to freak him out.
不会一见面就说 我不想吓跑他
Well, but aren't you pissed at him?!
但是你不生他气吗
I mean this guy abandoned you!
这家伙遗弃了你
I gotta tell you if this were me,
如果是我
this guy would be in some serious physical danger!
他就等着挨揍吧
I mean I-I-I'd walk in there and I'd be like,
我会走进去说
"Yo, dad!
"喂 老爸
You and me outside right now!"
我们现在就出去单挑"
I kinda scared myself.
我都吓到自己了
Well, at least you scared someone.
那起码有吓到人
Y'know it's funny, you'd think I'd be angry.
真有意思 我应该很生气
I mean, you'd think I'd wanna rip his tiny little head off.
我应该很想把他的头拧下来
Fortunately, I'm past it.
幸好我已经释怀了
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!