【话题语料天天练】
作者:保蕾 | 朗读:Elaine葉
公众号:纽约课NYK | 官网:nykbj.com
31、hustle and bustle 忙忙碌碌 n.
*Traveling provides us with a temporary escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. 旅行让我们暂时远离了忙忙碌碌的城市。
32、Naturally,… 当然(让步词,后接But/However,...)
*Naturally, we want to do a great job. But the reality is that we are stretched way too thin, and end up doing a lousy job at everything, stressing ourselves out in the process. 当然,我们都想做好。但是现实是我们把自己逼得太紧,结局是做什么都很糟糕,在过程中承受了太多压力。
33、one’s plate is full/ have a lot on one’s plate 太忙了,行程很满
*If your plate is too full at work, you may quickly burn out. 如果你工作太忙,你可能会很快精疲力竭。
34、survive and thrive 茁壮成长,发展的很好(字面:存活并繁荣)v.
*If children are given the permission to blunder and explore life, chances are that they can survive and thrive when they grow up.如果孩子们被允许犯错并探索生活,他们更能茁壮成长。
35、build up 聚积,逐渐增强 v.
*You should learn to release stress and build up confidence when preparing for finals. 在为期末准备时,你需要减轻压力并且建立自信。
*If you procrastinate at work, the anxiety will build up quickly. 如果你总拖延工作,焦虑情绪会积累的很快。
36、vicious circle 恶性循环 n.
*Fatty junk food temporarily help relieve your stress but obesity would make you feel worse later, which leads to a vicious circle. 垃圾食品暂时的减轻了我们的压力但是肥胖会让你之后觉得更糟,如此恶性循环。
37、unwind 放松 v.
*When I got home from work, I’d pour myself a glass of wine to unwind. 当我从单位会回家,我喜欢倒杯红酒给自己来放松一下。
38、be stuck in 被困于... v.
*If you dwell on how things may go wrong, then you’d be stuck in such negativity and end up with nothing done by the end of the day. 如果你老想着事情会变得怎么不好,那么你很可能被困于消极的情绪并且这一天最终什么都做不成。
39、let go of … 放下,抛开 v.
*As soon as you get home, you should let go of work-related matters and spend some quality time with your family. 当你一回家,你应该把工作相关的都放掉,并且花时间好好陪家人。
40、be stressed out 压力大的 adj.
*Naturally, bodyweight exercises can be good for you. But working out too intensely will stress you out/ will make you stressed out. 当然,自重训练对你很好。但是如果锻炼得过于剧烈,也会使你压力大。
纽约课 保蕾 语料 托福写作 独立写作
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!