Lady GaGa:油管云毕业典礼给毕业生的寄语【偶像】

Lady GaGa:油管云毕业典礼给毕业生的寄语【偶像】

00:00
06:33

【主讲人】Lady Gaga
美国歌手、演员,获12座格莱美奖,6首公告牌百强单曲榜冠军单曲。在此次云毕业典礼中,Lady Gaga围绕近期席卷美国的抗疫种族歧视的运动积极发声,并呼吁年轻的毕业生们为这个社会的改变做出努力。以下是演讲全文。

【背景介绍】

2020年,6月7日,Youtube携手众多名人举办“Dear Class of 2020”全球2020届毕业生的云毕业典礼。该活动的目的是为了给全球大部分毕业典礼取消、学业压力大、即将毕业的学生们加油打气。


【双语演讲稿】

Greetings to graduates across the nation.

向全国毕业生致意。


This is Lady Gaga.

我是 Lady Gaga。


Two weeks ago, I recorded a very different commencement speech to help celebrate the wonderful accomplishment that is your graduation.

两周前,我录制了一段与众不同的毕业典礼演讲,来庆祝你们毕业。


My speech at that time reflected and referenced the shared experience of the COVID-19 global pandemic

我当时的演讲反省并提到了今年全球范围内的新冠肺炎大流行的共同经历,


that's devastated the world this year and how important it is to be a force of kindness in the world

以及在你前途无量的人生中迈出下一步时,


as you take the next step forward in your promising lives.

成为世界上善良之势是多么重要。


My speech was recorded before the murder of George Floyd,

我的演讲是在乔治·弗洛伊德遇害之前录制的


and the subsequent activist movement protesting police brutality and systemic racism in this country.

随后的维权运动抗议警察的暴行和美国的系统性种族主义。


While my original commencement speech may not be directly relevant to what this country needs most right now,

虽然我最初的毕业典礼演讲可能与美国现在急需的东西没有直接关系,


I wish to tell you today that although there is much to be sad about, there is also much to be celebrated.

但今天我想告诉大家,虽然有很多事情值得悲伤,但也有很多事情值得庆祝。


You are watching what is a pivotal moment in this country's evolution.

你们正在见证美国发展的关键时刻。


You're watching society change in a deeply important way.

你们看到社会以一种深远的方式发生着变化。


This change will be slow, and we will have to be patient.

这种变化将是缓慢的,我们必须耐心等待。


But change will happen, and it will be for the better.

但是改变终将发生,而且会变得更好。


In rewriting my speech, I asked myself how I viewed racism in America as it relates to graduation.

在重写演讲稿时,我问自己,我如何看待美国的种族歧视,因为它与毕业有关。


When I looked past the rage that I feel about the systemic oppression and physical and emotional violence

我看到那种愤怒时,感到无休止地折磨着黑人社区的系统性压迫,


that has tortured the black community endlessly, my mind turned to nature.

以及对身体和情感的暴力,我的思想回归本然。


When I think about racism in America, I imagine a broad forest filled densely with tall trees, trees as old as this country itself,

我在想到美国的种族主义时,我想象着一片广阔的森林,密布着高大的树木,像这个国家一样古老的树木,


trees that were planted with racist seeds, trees that grew prejudiced branches, and oppressive leaves,

这些带着种族主义种子被种植的树木,长着带有偏见的树枝和压迫性的叶子,


and mangled roots that buried and entrenched themselves deep within the soil,

被毁坏的根部则把自己深埋于土壤之中,


forming a web so well developed and so entangled that pushes back when we try to look clearly at how it really works.

形成了一个发达的网络。当我们试图看清它的运作方式时,这种纠结会使我们退却。


This forest is where we live.

这片森林是我们生活的地方。


It's who we are.

我们就是这样的人。


It's the morals and value system that we, as a society, have upheld and emboldened for centuries.

这是我们作为一个社会,几个世纪以来一直坚持和鼓励的道德和价值体系。


I make this analogue between racism and nature in this country because it is as pervasive and as real as nature.

我把这个国家的种族主义和自然做了类比,因为它和自然一样普遍而又真实的存在着。


It is some part of everything the light touches.

这是光接触到的所有事物的一部分。


But in this moment, all of us are being invited to challenge that system and think about how to effect real change.

但在这一刻,我们所有人都受邀挑战这个体系,思考如何实现真正的变革。


I believe in my heart that the people who are going to make this change happen are listening to me speak right now.

我相信在我心中,那些将要实现这一变革的人正在听我讲话。


I know this is true because it is you who are the seeds of the future.

我知道这是真的,因为你们是未来的种子。


You are the seeds that will grow into a new and different forest

你们是种子,将成长为一个崭新而又不同的森林,


that is far more beautiful and loving than the one we live in today.

远比我们今天生活的这片森林更加美丽、可爱。


I believe the path forward to eradicating the blight of racism relies on three principles which form the basis of my faith and my perspective on nature,

我相信,根除种族主义祸害的道路依赖于三个原则,它们构成了我对自然的信仰和观点的基础,


and what I believe humanity needs to thrive.

以及我认为人类需要蓬勃发展的事物。


These three things are time, sufficient effort and divine grace.

这三样事物是时间、足够的努力和神圣的恩典。


We need these three things to be replanted anew, whole, and with full hearts, healed and inspired as a country,

我们需要重新种下这三样东西,作为一个国家全身心地得到治愈,并获得启发,


as a forest of seeds that have been mutated, nurtured by new and ingenious ways of watering and divine intervention

作为种子已经变异的森林,利用巧妙的新方式灌溉滋养,并借助神圣介入,


that speaks to us all through the great mother nature with a voice of compassion.

以同情的口吻通过伟大的大自然与我们对话。


We can control time and sufficient effort.

我们可以控制时间和足够的努力。


We cannot control divine grace.

我们无法控制神的恩典。


But I believe divine grace is the faith we can choose to place in each other to prosper lovingly and effectively.

但我相信,神圣的恩典是我们可以选择给予彼此信心,带着爱心繁荣昌盛。


I believe you beautiful seeds have been presented with a wonderful gift the opportunity to reflect in this powerful moment

我相信你们这些美丽的种子已经收到了一份美妙的礼物。在这个强有力的时刻,


on your morals, your principles and your values,

你们有机会反思你们的道德、原则和价值观,


and how they will guide you through life as it presents itself, and as you wonder where it will take you.

以及它们将如何引导你们度过生命中的每一个阶段,以及它将把你们引向何方。


Your morals, principles and values, I strongly believe now, must be sincere and authentic to you.

我现在坚信,你们的道德、原则和价值观,必须是真诚的、真实的。


Your principles must come from your heart.

你们的原则必须发自内心。


Your values must come from your brain.

你们的价值观必须来自你们的大脑之中。


Your morals must be derived from the whole you that you contribute lovingly to humanity.

你们的道德必须来自于你们对人类所做的贡献。


Your service to the global community will be kindness that's custom-made by you for the world.

你们对国际社会所做出的贡献,将是你们给予世界的仁慈。


In my original speech, I asked the question, "What would it take to be kind all the time?"

在我最初的演讲中,我询问过一个问题:“怎么才能做到一直对人友善?”


Perhaps, this question is still relevant today.

也许,这个问题在今天仍然具有意义。


I wish to frame this answer by saying something seemingly obvious on an occasion where you have already proven yourself smart, capable humans.

我想在你们已经证明自己是聪明能干之士的场合,说一些看似显而易见的话来构建这个答案。


People can do hard things.

人们可以做艰难的事情。


You can do hard things.

你们可以做艰难的事。


You can rip up and replant the forest to be a vision only you have.

你们可以毁坏森林,然后重新种植,这是你们唯一能看到的景象。


Sometimes being kind is hard.

有时候,很难做到对人友善。


I'm sure you could think of a few unkind classmates, friends, family members, strangers,

我相信你能想出一些不友善的同学、朋友、家人、陌生人、人、


people, teachers from your school, or even times that you've acted unkindly.

老师,甚至是你自己做出的不友善行为。


Even if you've witnessed, though, a lack of kindness, still, moreover, that does not cannibalize the ability for people to do hard things.

不过,即使你亲眼目睹过人们缺乏仁慈,但这并不能削弱人们去做艰难之事的能力。


So since being kind can mean doing a hard thing, sometimes, even in the absence of kindness, people can still do the hard thing and be kind.

所以,既然善良意味着做一件艰难之事,有时,即使没有仁慈,人们仍然可以做艰难之事,并保持善良。


I encourage you to be kind.

我鼓励你们待人友善。


I do this to set the example

我这样做是为了树立榜样。


I wish to with the tremendous privilege I have in giving you this commencement speech today.

今天,我怀着极大的荣幸为大家做这个毕业典礼演讲。


When I include that bit about kindness, that's me making sure during this moment between us

当我提到善意时,就是要确保我们之间的这一时刻,


that I am equipped with my morals, values and principles for a very important topic.

我对非常重要的话题抱持自己的道德、价值观和原则。


What do we do now?

我们现在该怎么办?


My answer... of kindness is simple.

我的答案很简单,就是善良。


But it's mine.

但它是我的。


Because, right now, more than usual, we're trying to talk to each other.

因为,现在,我们比平常更想互相交谈。


Let's talk.

我们谈谈吧。


But just as you did in your classrooms almost every day, let's also listen.

但就像你们几乎每天都在教室里一样,让我们也倾听一下。


If we don't listen, we don't learn.

如果我们不去倾听,就无法学习。


Congratulations to the Class of 2020..

祝贺2020届的毕业生。


I can't wait to see your forest.

我等不及要去看你们的森林了。


以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 一只黄金煎饺

    卡一个 不知道现在的年轻人还知不知道lady GaGa

  • 听友407077660

  • 张笑诚

    过路口

  • 张笑诚

    过我们

  • 张笑诚

    多次被爸爸