【英文原声】How human attraction is developed?

【英文原声】How human attraction is developed?

00:00
07:06

更新说明:

每周一、周三、周五更新 


课程原文:

This is David Myers, welcoming you back 
我是戴维·迈尔斯,欢迎继续收听
as we turn now to part three, social relations. 
今天的内容是第三部分:社会关系。


Here, we ask in these chapters:
我们将在这些章节中探讨:
Why is it that human beings sometimes dislike or hurt one another?
为什么人类有时会厌恶彼此或相互伤害?
What leads us to like, to love, or to help one another? 
是什么引导我们去喜欢,去爱,或者去帮助对方?
And how can we transform destructive conflicts into a just peace? 
我们如何能够将充满破坏性的冲突转化为和平共处?


We begin with chapter 9 on prejudice. 
我们从第九章:偏见开始学习。
This looks first, at some examples of explicit conscious prejudice towards those of a different race, or sex, or sexual orientation.
首先,我们会了解一些对不同种族、性别或性取向的人有意识地带有明确偏见的例子。
We’ll see some trends over time here in the United States as a case example in such prejudices.
我们会以美国发展过程中的一些趋势,作为上述偏见的一个案例。


And we’ll also consider how prejudice, in its modern forms, lives on as implicit or unconscious biases and prejudices.
我们还将讨论现代形式的偏见如何以含蓄或无意识的偏见和成见的方式继续存在。
Next, we'll look at the roots of prejudice.
接下来,我们将了解偏见的根源。
Prejudice is sometimes fed by social forces like inequalities between people.
偏见有时会受到人与人之间不平等这种社会力量的助长。


When some people have money, and power, and prestige and others do not, those who have it tend to develop attitudes that justify the way things are.
当一些人拥有金钱、权力和声望,而另一些人没有时,那些拥有的人往往倾向于发展出为现状辩护的态度。
Thus, here in the United States when slavery existed, slaveholders tended to see slaves, as lazy, ignorant, and irresponsible, as having the very traits that supposedly justified enslaving them.
因此,在美国奴隶制还存在的时代,奴隶主倾向于将奴隶视为懒惰、无知和不负责任的人,认为奴隶拥有的特质恰恰是他们受到奴役的理由。


Next, we'll look at some of the motivational factors that influence prejudice like frustration and we'll see some of the cognitive mechanisms that sustain prejudice, as people naturally tend to categorize and classify people and then view them as either in-group, that is as ‘us’, or is out-group, as ‘them’.
接下来,我们将研究一些影响偏见的动机因素,如挫折感,我们将研究一些维持偏见的认知机制,因为人们通常会把人进行分类,然后将其视为群体内的人,即“我们”,或者群体外的人,即“他们”。
And there's a natural in-group bias that tends, frequently, to result; that's a favouring of our own group.
而且这经常会产生一种天然的群体内偏见;即对我们自己群体的偏袒。


Next, we turn to chapter 10 on aggression. 
接下来,我们进入第10章:侵犯。
We’ll begin by looking at the biology of aggression, at genetic influences, at brain mechanisms that sustain aggression, at mild chemical and hormonal influences on aggression. 
我们将首先研究侵犯的生物学原理、基因影响、维持侵犯行为的大脑机制,化学和激素对侵犯行为的轻微影响。
And then, we'll look at some of the psychological and social roots of aggression like frustration and other aversive experiences.
然后,我们将研究侵犯的一些心理和社会根源,如挫折感和其他厌恶性经历。


We’ll see how aggression can be learned as it’s reinforced or rewarded and we'll see how the modelling of aggression as people, especially children, see it on television or experience it in video games, can influence their own aggressive thinking and behaviour. 
我们将了解侵犯行为如何通过强化或奖励机制被习得,我们将了解人们,尤其是儿童,在电视上看到或在电子游戏中体验到侵犯行为的示范后,将如何影响他们自身的侵犯思维和行为。
And finally, we'll think about how to reduce aggression.
最后,我们将思考如何减少侵犯行为。


Turning next to chapter 11 on attraction. 

接下来第11章:吸引力。
Well, I ask a more happy question. 
我在这里提一个更让人开心的问题。
Why is it that we like certain people and become friends or even love them?
为什么我们会喜欢某些人并和他们成为朋友,甚至爱他们?


We'll begin with a look at the human need to belong.
我们将从人类的归属需求开始谈起。
Humans flourish in close supportive relationships - we are social animals. 
人类会在亲密的支持关系中茁壮成长——我们是社会性动物。
So, what enables friendships to form?
那么,是什么促使友谊的建立?


Partly, it's a matter of physical proximity. 
部分是因为身体的亲近。
We tend to like things and people to which we repeatedly merely exposed. 
我们倾向于喜欢我们反复接触到的人和物。
There's also a curious effect of physical attractiveness on our likings and we'll see a powerful effect of similarity. 
身体吸引力对我们的喜好也会产生好奇效应,此外,我们也会看到相似性强大的影响力。


We tend to like people who are alike ourselves. 
我们倾向于喜欢和自己相似的人。
Thus, randomly paired people tend to like each other when they find that they share common attitudes beliefs and interests. 
因此,随机配对的人在发现他们有共同的观点、信仰和兴趣时,往往会喜欢对方。
What about love? 
那么,爱呢?
Love comes to us in two forms, passionate emotional love, that's an intense desire to be with a partner and companionate love.
爱情有两种形式,激烈的情感之爱,是对爱人的一种强烈渴望,以及伴侣之爱。


Companionate love is a calmer deeper affection that is fed and sustained first, by equity, that is when both partners receive in proportion to what they give, and also by self-disclosure.
伴侣之爱是一种更平静、更深层次的感情,首先这种感情是由公平对等的关系来滋养和维持的,即伴侣双方的收获与他们的付出成正比,这种感情也是由自我表露来滋养和维持的。
Often as one person reveals a little, the other reciprocates, the first then reveals more and on and on as friends or lovers move to deeper levels of intimacy.
通常情况下,当一方表露一点心声,另一方也会回应,然后前者表露更多,如此循环往复,当朋友或恋人进入更深层次的亲密关系时,双方就会不断地相互表露更多。
Turning next to chapter 12 on helping.


接下来是第12章:帮助。
We’ll be introduced to altruism. 
我们将介绍利他主义。
Altruism is an unselfish concern for the welfare of others. 
利他主义是对他人福祉的一种无私关心。
We’ll look first at some theories of why it is that people help, and then we'll ask, when is it that people will help? 
我们首先会了解一些理论——人们为什么会帮助他人,然后研究人们在什么时候会帮助他人?


How are we influenced by the number of other bystanders in an emergency situation or by observing others who are helping or by our similarity, to the person who needs help? 
在紧急情况下,旁观者人数多寡,或者我们对正在提供援手的其他人的观察,或者我们与需要帮助的人的相似性,这些因素会如何对我们产生影响?
And how is it that we can increase helpfulness?
我们为什么能够增加乐于助人的现象?
Finally, in this series of chapters, we conclude with chapter 13 on conflict and peace-making.
最后,第13章:冲突和调停是本系列的最后一章。


We’ll look first at some of the elements of conflict like, social dilemmas or social traps as they're also called.
我们首先将了解冲突的一些要素,比如社会困境,也被称作社会陷阱。
These are situations in which two parties, might be two individuals or two countries, each pursue their self-interest rather than the good of the total group.
在这种情况下的双方,可能是两个人或两个国家,各自追求自己的利益,而不是整个群体的利益。
And thus, become caught and trapped by mutually destructive behaviour.
因此,他们会受困于相互破坏性的行为。


We’ll see how misperceptions can sustain conflict.
我们将看到误解会如何引发冲突。
Often, these are mirror image perceptions. 
通常,这些都是镜像知觉。


As we see the other party, perhaps as untrustworthy or evil, they likewise may see us. 
当我们认为对方是不值得信任或邪恶的时候,对方可能也同样这样看我们。
Finally, we'll look at some factors that promote a just peace. 
最后,我们将了解一些有利于促进和平的因素。
One thing that helps is contact; when people have positive, friendly equal status contact, they come to like each other better and conflicts subsides.
接触是促进因素之一;当人们进行积极、友好、地位平等的接触时,他们会更喜欢对方,冲突也会平息。


Second, cooperation, especially when people have shared goals or face some common adversity, they tend to come to like each other better. 
第二个因素是合作,尤其是当人们有共同的目标或面临某种共同的逆境时,他们往往会更喜欢对方。
Third is community, sometimes a mediator can help people open up and communicate more accurately and dispel their misperceptions.
第三是社区,有时调解人可以帮助人们敞开心扉,更准确地沟通,消除他们之间的误解。
And finally, conciliation, sometimes a small conciliatory act, a smile, a touch, a word of apology, can help both parties begin to edge down the tension ladder and to change their conflict into a happier peace. 


最后是和解,有时一个微不足道的和解行为,一个微笑,一次身体触摸,一句道歉,都有助于缓解双方的紧张关系,将他们的冲突转变为和平。
Well, happy listening.
最后,祝大家学习愉快。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!