E31【双语精讲】Nick给Judy讲了自己的童年故事

E31【双语精讲】Nick给Judy讲了自己的童年故事

00:00
16:10

E31 NickJudy讲了自己的童年故事

原文及翻译 

Judy slowly reached for it as Nick spoke up.

朱迪慢慢地抬手去取警徽,


 “Uh, no,” he said.

这时尼克开了口 :“不要!”


Bogo glared at Nick.

“What did you say, fox?”

牛局长怒视着尼克道 :“狐狸,你说什么?”


“Sorry, what I said was ‘no.’ She will not be giving you that badge,” said Nick.

尼克说 :“不好意思,我刚刚说‘不要’。她不会把警徽交出来的。


“Look, you gave her a clown vest and a three-wheel joke-mobile and two days to solve a case you guys haven’t cracked in two weeks? Yeah, no wonder she needed to get help from a fox. None of you guys were gonna help her, were you?”

你想想,你给了她一件巨丑无比的马甲和一辆可笑的三轮车,就让她用两天时间去办一件你们这些人两个星期都办不好的案子,对吧?是的,难怪她要向一只狐狸求援。你们这么多人没一个人帮过她,是吧?”


Judy stared at Nick.

She couldn’t believe he was sticking up for her. Bogo stood silently.

朱迪望着尼克,她没想到尼克会站出来为她说话。

牛局长站在那儿,沉默着。


“Here’s the thing, Chief. You gave her forty- eight hours, so technically we still have ten left to find our Mr. Otterton...and that’s exactly what we are gonna do. So if you’ll excuse us...we have a very big lead to follow and a case to crack. Good day.”

“长官,情况是这样的。你给了她 48 个小时,所以确切地说,我们还有 10 个小时的时间来寻找奥獭顿先生……而这也是我们将要去做的事情。所以,很抱歉……我们还有重大线索等着我们去追踪,还有一桩大案等着我们去破解呢。再见 !


Nick turned to Judy. “Officer Hopps?” He guided her to a passing gondola, leaving Bogo and the rest of the officers stunned.

尼克转过头对朱迪说 :“走吧,霍普斯警官?”他领着朱迪上了一辆缆车,只剩下目瞪口呆的牛局长和一众警察。


“Thank you,” she said as the two sat in the gondola while it soared over the Rainforest District.

“谢谢你!”当他俩坐在缆车从雨林区上空划过时,朱迪说道。


“Never let them see that they get to you,” said Nick.

尼克说 :“千万不要让他们看出他们能影响到你!”


Surprised, Judy turned to Nick. “So things get to you?”

朱迪惊讶地看着尼克 :“这么说,有事情影响到你了?”


“No...I mean, not anymore,” said Nick.

“But I was small and emotionally unbalanced like you once.”

尼克说 :“没有……我是说,我现在不会了。但是我也年轻过,也曾像你一样感性过。”


“Har-har,” said Judy.

“哈哈。”朱迪大笑起来。


“No, it’s true. I think I was eight, maybe nine, and all I wanted to do was join the Junior Ranger Scouts.”

“不,是真的。那时我才八九岁,满脑子想的都是参加兰杰童子军。”


Nick decided to tell Judy a story about when he was a kid.

尼克决定告诉朱迪他小时候的一个故事 :


“So my mom scraped together enough money to buy me a brand-new uniform.” Nick explained how badly he wanted to fit in—even though he was the only predator in the troop. “I was gonna be part of a pack,” he said.

“于是我妈砸锅卖铁凑了钱给我买了一套新制服。”尼克诉说当时他有多想融入组织,虽然他是部队里唯一的食肉动物。“我那时正要进到一个队里。”


Nick described the scene. He was taking the oath with the scouts when the other kids suddenly tackled him, yelling, “Get him! Get that pred! Muzzle him!”

尼克描述起当时的情景 :他正在与其他童子军一起宣誓, 突然其他孩子将他擒住,大喊 :“抓住他!别放过那个捕猎者!给他戴上口套!”


They strapped a muzzle onto his snout and continued to mock him. “If you thought we’d ever trust a fox without a muzzle, you’re even dumber than you look,” one of them had taunted.

他们给他戴上了口套,继续嘲弄他,其中一个讥讽道 :“如果你觉得我们会信任一只没戴口套的狐狸,那你真是蠢到家了。”


When they finally let him go, he ran away, limping, with his uniform torn to pieces.

最后他们还是放他走了,他一瘸一拐地逃跑了,新买的制服也被撕成了碎片。


“I learned two things that day,” said Nick, lost in the terrible memory.

沉浸在痛苦回忆中的尼克说道 :“那天我明白了两件事情。


“One, I was never going to let anyone see that they got to me.”

第一,我不会再让任何人看出他们能影响到我。”


“And two?” Judy prodded.

朱迪提醒道 :“那第二件呢?”


“If the world’s only gonna see a fox as shifty and untrustworthy, there’s no point trying to be anything else.”

“如果这个世界认定狐狸就是狡猾的、靠不住的,那我们试图变成别的样子也毫无意义。”


“Nick,” said Judy gently. “You are so much more than that.” She touched his arm as the gondola pierced through the clouds. They gazed down at the busy city buzzing below.

朱迪温柔地说:“尼克,你比那强多了。”她碰了碰他的胳膊,这时缆车穿过了云层。他们看着底下忙碌地运转着的城市。


“Boy, look at that traffic down there,” said Nick, changing the subject.

“嘿,你看那边的交通。”尼克换了个话题说道。


重点单词

1.glare v. 怒视


2.unbalanced adj. 不平衡的

I was once emotionally unbalanced. 我曾经也情绪不太稳定过。


3.scouts n. 童子军


4.scrape v. 艰难地凑齐(钱)


5.muzzle v./n. 给动物的口鼻带上口套/口套


6.limp v. 跛着脚走


重点词组/句型

1.Someone will not be doing sth. 某人不会做某事

I will not be explaining it again. (这事儿我解释过了就)不会再解释一次了哦。


2.No wonder… 难怪……

No wonder I thought I have seen you before.

怪不得我觉得你看起来很脸熟呢。

No wonder you feel tired coz you have walked for hours.

你走了这么多个小时的路,怪不得累了呢。


3.stick up for sb 维护或者支持某人

I’ll stick up for you. 我会支持你的。


4.If you’ll excuse me 抱歉了


5.Don’t ever let others see that they get to you. 不要让别人觉得,你这么轻易就被影响了,被打倒了。


6.brand new 崭新的

brand new computer全新的电脑

brand new car全新的车子

brand new bag崭新的包包


7.take the oath 宣誓

take the oath of office 总统宣誓就职


8.You are so much more than that. 你比你想的更强大。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • ZJC一行白鹭上西天

    我关注了老师,但我不好意思给老师发私信

  • 星空那片海a

  • 边飞边Think2021

    和主播聊聊天。

  • 猫鱼YI7

    sdd