E32【双语精讲】Judy:“我在市政厅有朋友”

E32【双语精讲】Judy:“我在市政厅有朋友”

00:00
16:24

E32 Judy:“我在市政厅有朋友。”

原文及翻译

“How about we go to Chuck in Traffic Central,” Nick continued, pretending to be a cheesy radio announcer. “Chuck, how are things looking on those Jam Cams?”

“我们找交通中心的查克怎么样?”他模仿着电台主播的语气,虽然装得并不像 :“查克,交通情况如何?”


“Nick, I’m glad you told me,” said Judy. “Wait! The Jam Cams!” said Nick urgently. “Seriously, it’s okay,” said Judy.

朱迪说 :“尼克。谢谢你告诉我这些。”尼克忽然说 :“等等,监控摄像头!”朱迪说 :“我说真的,这没什么的。”


“N-no, shh-shush! There are traffic cameras everywhere. All over the canopy. Whatever happened to that jaguar—”

“不是,嘘——到处都有监控摄像头,空中到处都是,不管美洲虎发生了什么——。”


“The traffic cameras would have caught it!” said Judy, excitedly, suddenly realizing what Nick meant.

朱迪忽然明白了尼克的意思,兴奋地说 :“监控摄像头都会拍到他的!”


“Bingo!” said Nick.

Judy chucked him on the arm, impressed. “Pretty sneaky, Slick.”

尼克说 :“对极啦!”

朱迪轻轻拍了拍他的胳膊,意味深长地说 :“你真聪明,老滑头。”


“However. If you didn’t have access to the system before, I doubt Chief Buffalo Butt is gonna give it to you now.”

“但是,如果你之前看不到监控系统,我觉得牛局长现在也不会允许你看的。”


“No. But I’ve got a friend at city hall who might!”Judy smiled, feeling hopeful again.

“是的。不过我有个朋友在市政厅,他可以让我看到!”朱迪笑了起来,感觉事情又有希望了。


It didn’t take long for Judy and Nick to find Assistant Mayor Bellwether in city hall. She was struggling to hold a stack of files while keeping up with Mayor Lionheart.

朱迪和尼克没费多大劲就在市政厅找到了羊副市长。她一边跟着狮市长,一边艰难地抱住一沓厚厚的文件。


“Sir?” said Bellwether. “If we could just review these very important—”

As Bellwether continued to struggle and dodge out of the way inside the busy lobby, she almost stepped on a little mouse.

羊副市长说 :“市长先生,我们能不能先看看这几份重要的——”

羊副市长艰难地抱着文件,在忙碌的人群中躲闪,差点踩到一只小老鼠。


“Oh, I’m sorry...sir!”

“对不起……先生!”


“I heard you, Bellwether,” said Lionheart impatiently. “Just take care of it, okay?” He set a folder on top of her huge stack. “And clear my afternoon. I’m going out.”

狮市长不耐烦地说 :“我听到了,羊副市长。你处理好这些事,好吗?”他把一个文件夹放在她抱着的那一大摞文件上说 :“今天下午的安排全部取消,我要外出。”


“But, sir, you have a meeting with Herds and Grazing...Sir—”

“但是市长先生,您下午得跟兽类动物和食草类动物开会……市长先生——”


Lionheart continued through the door, letting it slam right in Bellwether’s face. All the files she was carrying were knocked to the floor.

狮市长径直走出了门,将门摔在羊副市长的脸上,她抱着的文件散落了一地。


“Oh, mutton chops,” she said, trying to collect the scattered pieces of paper.

“哦,真是的。”她说着,准备把散落的文件拾起来。


“Assistant Mayor Bellwether,” said Judy, approaching her.

“We need your help.”

朱迪走近她,说 :“羊副市长,我们需要您的帮助。”


Bellwether led them to her tiny, cramped office. Judy and Nick looked around, surprised. Bellwether’s office was actually a janitor’s closet!

羊副市长领着他们进了自己狭小拥挤的办公室。朱迪和尼克环顾四周,惊讶地发现她的办公室竟然是门卫的壁橱!


“We just need to get into the traffic camera database,” Judy said as Bellwether typed on the keyboard of her computer.

“我们只是想要进入交通录像监控数据库。”朱迪边说,羊副市长边敲着自己的电脑键盘。


Nick barely touched the wool puff on top of Bellwether’s head and whispered, “Sooo fluffy!” He was mesmerized. “Sheep never let me this close— so fluffy—like cotton candy—”

尼克碰了碰羊副市长头顶的羊毛,小声说道:“真松软啊!”他深深地陶醉了。“绵羊从不让我靠近,嗯——真软,像棉花糖一样——”


“You can’t touch that! Stop it!” scolded Judy, swatting his hand away as she tried to keep Bellwether from seeing Nick.

“你不要碰她!住手!”朱迪边骂,边把他的手拍到一边, 让羊副市长不要看到尼克的举动。


“Where to?” Bellwether asked as she pulled up traffic cameras for the whole city. She looked up at Judy, catching the rabbit in mid-swat.

羊副市长打开整座城市的监控录像,问道 :“看哪里的?”她抬起头看向朱迪,正看到她在打尼克的手。


“Rainforest District. Vine and Tujunga.”

“雨林区,攀缘路与图洪加路交界处。”


Nick and Judy shared a smiled. This time, Judy had pronounced Tujunga correctly.

尼克和朱迪相视一笑,这回朱迪把图洪加给念对了。


重点单词

1.cheesy adj. 蹩脚的

a cheesy love song 一首很烂俗的情歌

a cheesy smile 一个虚伪的笑容


2.seriously adv. 真的吗?; 说真的。


3.bingo int. 好极了,棒极了


4.scattered adj. 散落的

scattered toys 散落的玩具

scattered photos散落的照片

scattered showers 阵雨


5.closet n. 壁橱


6.fluffy adj. 蓬松的


7.mesmerized adj. 着迷的


8.cotton candy 棉花糖


重点词组/句型

1.How are things looking? 情况如何?


2.It didn’t take long for sb to do sth. 某人没费多大劲就做成了某件事

It didn’t take long for me to finish my homework.

你没费多大功夫就完成了作业。

It didn’t take long for me to travel from the suburbs to the downtown area.

我没多长时间就从城郊到了市中心。


3.a stack of一叠,一摞或者一堆

a stack of books 一摞书

a stack of CDs 一叠CD


4.Take care of it. 你来搞定。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 听友48461412

    还有其他的作品么?这个主播太好了

  • 老蔡瞎掰

    Cheesy 译作“土味”将会更贴切

    卡布叻_周崽崽 回复 @老蔡瞎掰: 6

  • 白兔子少爷

    前排报道拜拜