A: How old is your daughter? 你女儿多大了?
B: She’s fourteen. 她十四岁了。
A: Ok, she is still a minor, so you can apply on her behalf. Did you bring the proof of parentage?
好的,她还是未成年人,所以你可以代替她申请。你带亲子证明了吗?
B: Oh, I didn’t know that I had to bring a proof of parentage.
哦,我不知道我需要带亲子证明。
A: Unfortunately, you do. So, would you still like to file your application today and come back for your daughter’s at a later date?
很遗憾,你需要的。那你还想今天提交申请吗?以后再来办理你女儿的申请。
B: How long does the application process take?
申请过程要多久?
A: It usually takes about 1 week, but we are experiencing a longer-than-usual wait due to the pandemic.
通常是一周,但是由于疫情原因,我们现在的等候时间比平时更久。
B: I see. I’d still like to file my application today.
我知道了。我还是想今天递交我的申请。
A: Would you like the new passport to be mailed to you orwould you pick it up in person?
你希望新的护照寄到你家,还是亲自来领取呢?
B: I‘ll come and pick it up. 我会来取。
A: Sounds good. How would you like to pay today?
没问题。你今天想如何支付?
B: Do you take cash? 你们接受现金吗?
A: Sorry, cash and personal cheques are not accepted. We take credit card and debit card.
抱歉,我们不收现金和个人支票。信用卡和借记卡可以。
B: Here is my Mastercard. 这是我的万事达卡。
A: Thank you and this is your receipt. 谢谢,这是你的收据。
B: Thank you for your help. 谢谢你的帮助。
Vocabulary
Minor: 未成年人
On behalf: 代表
Proof of parentage: 亲子证明
Unfortunately: 遗憾的
Pick up: 领取
In person: 亲自
Receipt: 收据
helpful! thank you!
录程留学 回复 @听友299900258: I'm glad you found it helpful. Thanks for listening
爱上这档节目了,每天听,难度适中,回头把前面的都补齐
take cash接受现金,有点不能理解,麻烦老师解释一下,谢谢
录程留学 回复 @1396230nzzj: Take 在这里的意思是“接受”。 We take cash and credit card. 我们接受现金和信用卡。
我孩子读高三,我每晚让他听一期,他很喜欢这个节目,助力高考,感谢
录程留学 回复 @1396230nzzj: 谢谢你们的支持!高三的孩子学习非常忙碌,能抽空听一下这个节目,真的让我不胜荣幸。祝他考入理想的大学和专业!