笑话:
A father who lives in London callsup his son, David, that lives in New York a day before Christmas eve.
在圣诞夜的前一天,一位住在伦敦的父亲给他住在纽约的儿子,David,打了个电话。
He tells his son, ‘I hate to ruinyour day but I have to let you know that your mother and I are getting adivorce’.
他对他的儿子说,'我不想毁了你这一天的心情,不过我想让你知道你妈妈和我要离婚了'。
David replies ‘oh my god what areyou talking about?’
David 回答 '我的天啊,你在说什么呀!'
David’s father explains ‘We can’tstand each other any longer, and I don’t want to talk about this anymore. Callyour sister and you can tell her.’
David 的父亲解释说 '我们受不了对方了,我也不想再说这件事情了。你给你姐姐打电话告诉她吧'。
So, David calls his sister, Anna,who explodes on the phone. She says ‘there’s no way they’re getting divorced,I’ll take care of this.’
接着,David 就打电话给他姐姐,Anna。Anna 听到了消息以后气愤的说 '他们想离婚没门,这个事情我来搞定'。
Then, Anna immediately calls herfather and screams ‘You are NOT getting divorced. Don’t do a single thing untilI get there. I’m calling David back, and we’ll both be there tomorrow to dealwith this’, then she hangs up.
然后,Anna立刻给她爸爸打了个电话,尖叫着说'你不可以离婚。在我到之前,什么都不要做。等一下我会给David再打个电话,我们两个明天会一起回去解决这件事情!' 说完她就把电话挂了。
The father hangs up the phone,turns to his wife and then says, ‘sorted, they’re both coming for Christmas andpaying for their own flights!’
那位父亲把电话放下,转过身对他太太说道 '搞定啦,他们圣诞节都回来而且还是他们自己花钱买机票呢!'
知识点:
1. Ruin your day - 毁掉你一天的心情
A: Someone stepped on my foottoday and didn’t evenbother saying sorry. 今天有人踩到我的脚以后连一句抱歉都没有。
B: Don’t let someone rude ruin your day. 别让一个没礼貌的人把你一天的心情都毁了。
2. Can’t stand.... 他受不了...
John can’t stand his neighbour’s music. John受不了他邻居的音乐。
I can’t stand the new guy at work. 我受不了新来的那个同事。
3. No way 绝对不可能,绝对不可以,绝对不行
A: What are you watching? 你在看什么呀?
B: A horror movie, you wanna join?恐怖电影,你要一起看吗?
A: No way! 绝对不可能。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!