Family Album U.S.A -Grandpa's Trunk-1

Family Album U.S.A -Grandpa's Trunk-1

00:00
03:31

Ellen: Marilyn, you want coffee or tea?

 Marilyn,你要咖啡还是茶?


Marilyn: Coffee, please.  

咖啡。 


Ellen: I am so excited! At this time tomorrow morning, Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us.

我感到好兴奋!明早这时候,爷爷就和我们一起坐在厨房里啦。


Marilyn: When does he arrive? 

他什么时候到?  


Ellen: At six o'clock this evening. 

今晚六点。


Marilyn: By plane? 

坐飞机?  


Ellen:  by train. 

坐火车。


Marilyn: Are we picking him up at the station? 

我们要去车站接他吗?


Ellen: Not Grandpa. He doesn't want anybody picking him up. He likes to be independent.

爷爷不是这种人,他不愿意让别人接他,他独立性很强。


Marilyn: Huh.


Ellen: let's go upstairs and prepare Grandpa's room.

我们上去准备一下爷爷的房间。


Marilyn: Great! Let's do it! 

好,我们去! 

Richard: Good morning, Mom. 

早安,妈妈。


Robbie: Morning. 早安。  


Ellen: Well, hi, fellas.

你们大家好。   


Robbie: Hello. 

Marilyn: Hi, honey. 

嗨,亲爱的。

Richard: Morning, Marilyn.

早安,Marilyn。


Marilyn: We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa's room. There's coffee ready.

我们要上楼收拾一下爷爷的房间。咖啡准备好了。


Robbie: I'm really excited about seeing Grandpa. 

一想到要见到爷爷,我就觉得兴奋。


Richard: Me, too. Milk, please.  

我也一样。请递给我牛奶。


Robbie: He's so funny. He always makes me laugh. I hope Grandpa's going to like living with us.

他很逗趣,他总是让我发笑。我希望爷爷喜欢和我们住在一起。


Richard: I think he will. It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place.

我想会的。只是需要一段时间才能适应一个新的环境。


Robbie: Won't he miss being in Florida? 

他不会想念佛罗里达吗?


Richard: Well, he will. But I think he'll like being here with the family.

他会的。但我想他也会喜欢和全家人住在这儿。


Robbie: Are you sure about that? It's crazy here most of the time.

你确定?这儿经常吵吵闹闹。


Richard: But it's fun. 

 但很有趣。


Robbie: That's for sure.

说的也是。


Richard: You know, maybe I'll put together some photos of Grandpa as a "welcome" present.

我说,或许我把爷爷的一些照片组合起来,作为欢迎他的一份礼物。

Robbie: That's a neat idea. What can I do? I've got it! I have a picture of Grandpa and Dad and me in my wallet. It's from the Fathers and Sons' Breakfast at my junior high school graduation.

这是个好主意,那我能做点什么呢?有啦!我皮夹里有一张照片,是爷爷、爸爸和我在一起照的。那是在父子早餐会上拍的,在我初中毕业的时候。 


Richard: Oh, I remember this picture. 

 噢,我还记得这张照片。


Robbie: I'd really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station. 

我真想去火车站接爷爷。


Richard: Railroad stations or airports-- Grandpa always tells us he'll get here by himself.  

无论是火车站还是机场,爷爷总是说他会自个儿设法到这里。


Robbie: He's something! 

他真了不起!   


Marilyn: Is this all Grandpa's stuff? 

这里面都是爷爷的东西吗?


Richard: That's it. But I'm sure he has a few bags with him on the train.  

是的。不过我相信他在火车上还有几件行李的。


Marilyn: What's inside? 

这里面是什么?


Ellen: I don't know. It's locked.

不知道,锁着呢。


Philip: Hi.


Ellen: Oh,hi, darling.

哦,亲爱的。


Marilyn: Morning,Philip. 

 早安,Philip。 


Philip: I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa's closet. You know I'm very excited about his arrival.

我想在爷爷的衣橱里放几个好的衣架。你知道我对他的到来是多么兴奋。


Ellen: We are, too. Susan called early this morning. She's unhappy because she's had to go to Chicago on a business trip and can't leave till tonight. She wants to be here for Grandpa. 

 我们也很兴奋。Susan一大早打电话来。她很不高兴,因为她得到芝加哥出差,而且要到今晚才能脱身。她原希望在此等爷爷。


Philip: Well,Grandpa will be disappointed, too. He loves Susan. She always reminds him of Grandma. Well, how's everything here?  

爷爷也会感到失望。他喜欢Susan。Susan总是让他想起奶奶。唔,东西都收拾好了吗?


Marilyn: Fine.We were just wondering about this trunk.

好啦。我们正纳闷这只大衣箱呢。


Ellen: It's locked.

它锁着。


Philip: Oh.I have the key. Grandpa sent it to me. 

啊。钥匙在这里。爷爷寄来给我的。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!