·跟老曼学英语之5分钟追美剧——老友记061503
·今天的知识点是:pulp...
·今天的知识点列表页面:http://www.100ti.cn/mandy/friends/061503.php
·微信公众账号:cn100T
·JOEY: There’s pulp in that.
里面有果肉。
# pulp: n.牙髓;果肉;纸浆,黏浆状物质
vt.使…化成纸浆;除去…的果肉;取出(咖啡豆的)果肉
eg1: Make maximum use of the whole fruit, including the pulp which is high in fibre.
水果的各个部分都要最大限度地利用,包括富含纤维的果肉。
eg2: Onions can be boiled and pulped to a puree.
洋葱可以煮一下打成糊。
eg3: Stew the apple and blackberries to make a thick pulp.
将苹果和黑莓炖成稠浆。
eg4: The victim's face was battered to a pulp.
受害者的脸打得血肉模糊。
eg5: A banana is mainly pulp, except for its skin.
香蕉除了果皮之外,主要是果肉。
eg6: Scoop out the pulp and serve it with sugar.
把果肉挖出来和糖一起食用。
·ROSS: No, just relax. Nobody yelled.
别紧张,没有人嚷嚷。
# yell: v. 叫喊,大声叫;叫喊着说
n.叫喊,大声叫
eg1: Something brushed past Bob's face and he let out a yell.
有什么东西从鲍勃的脸上扫过,他大叫了一声。
eg2: I'm sorry I yelled at you last night
很抱歉昨天晚上我冲着你大吼大叫的。
eg3: How can you yell at an old man like that?
你怎么能对一位老人那样大喊大叫?
eg4: Don't yell so loud when I'm right next to you.
我在你边上的时候不要对我这么大声。
eg5: Did she yell about you again?
她又骂你了?
eg6: I just don't want him to yell at me again.
我只是不想让他再对我吼叫。
今天作业:
中译英:
你不应在大家面前对我大吼大叫。
You didn't have to yell at me in front of everyone.