Stacey Kramer:The Best Gift I Ever Survived
中英文演讲稿:
Imagine, if you will, a gift. I'd like for you to picture in your mind.
如果你愿意,试着想象一份礼物,我希望你在脑海中构想一下。
It's not too big --- about the size of a golf ball. So envision what it looks like all wrapped up.
它不是很大,大约一个高尔夫球大小,想象一下它包装起来的模样。
But before I show you what's inside, I will tell you, it's going to do incredible things for you.
但在我向你展示它的内容之前,我要告诉你,它将带给你不可思议的体验。
It will bring all of your family together. You will feel loved and appreciated like never before and reconnect to friends and acquaintances you haven't heard from in years.
它将使你合家团聚;你将感受到前所未有的爱和赞赏,与久违谋面的老友和旧时重聚。
Adoration and admiration will overwhelm you. It will recalibrate what's most important in your life.
爱与赞赏将充溢你耳中,它将重心调整你生活中最重要的事。
It will redefine your sense of spirituality and faith.�You will have a new understanding and trust in your body.
它将重心定义你对精神和信仰的感受。
You'll have unsurpassed vitality and energy. You'll expand your vocabulary, meet new people; and you'll have a healthier lifestyle.
将拥有无与伦比的活力和能量,你将拓展你的词汇量,结识新朋友;你将拥有更健康的生活方式。
And get this, you'll have an eight-week vacation of doing absolutely nothing.
你得到这个礼物,你将拥有8周的假期,什么都不用做。
You'll eat countless gourmet meals. Flowers will arrive by the truckload.
你将享用无尽的佳肴,收到好几卡车的鲜花。
People will say to you, "You look great! Have you had any work done?
人们将会对你说:“你看起来棒极了,该做的都完成了吗?”
And you'll have a life time supply of good drugs. You'll be challenged, inspired, motivated and humbled.
你将有一辈子不虞匮乏的良药。你将面对挑战、受到鼓舞、充满动力,同时变得谦虚。
Your life will have new meaning: peace, health, serenity, happiness, nirvana.
你的生活将被赋予新的意义,和平、健康、安宁、快乐、超脱。
The price? Fifty-five thousand dollars. And that's an incredible deal.
要加多少?55,000美元。真是一桩令人难以置信的交易。
By now, I know you're dying to know what it is and where you can get one.
我知道你一定迫不及待地想知道,这礼物是什么,在哪里可以得到。
Does Amazon carry it? Does it have Apple logo on it? Is there a waiting list?
亚马逊网站有卖吗?它有苹果品牌商标吗?得要排队等货吗?
Not likely. This gift came to me about five months ago.
都不对。大概五个月前,我收到这份礼物。
It looked more like this when it was all wrapped up--- not quite so pretty.
它包装起来时看起来像这样,不是很漂亮。
And this. And then this. It was a rare jam, a brain tumor —hemangioblastoma, the gift that keeps on giving.
之后是这个,还有这个。一个罕见的麻烦,一颗脑瘤——成血管细胞瘤,这件礼物一直在影响我。
And while I'm okay now. I wouldn't wish this gift for you. I'm not sure you'd want it.
现在我没事了,但我不希望你得到这份礼物,我不认为你会想要它。
But I wouldn't change my experience.
但我的经历不会改变。
It profoundly altered my life in ways I didn't expect, in all the ways I just shared with you.
它突如其来地彻底改变了我的生活,带来了以上所述的那些改变。
So the next time you are faced with something that's unexpected, unwanted and uncertain, consider that it just may be a gift.
所以,当你遇到一些意料之外的,避之不及和前途未卜的事,不妨把它看成一件礼物。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!