Happiness or pain, It's up to You 快乐或痛苦,由你决定!

Happiness or pain, It's up to You 快乐或痛苦,由你决定!

00:00
02:26

文稿内容,请关注微信公众号:Jerry的英语课堂 进行学习

Jerry was the kind of guy who was always in a good mood and always had something positive to say.

杰瑞是那种总是很快乐、总是传递正能量的男孩。

 

One day I went up to Jerry and asked him, “I don’t get it! You can’t be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?”

一天我去找他,然后问他:“我不明白!你不可能一直都是很快乐啊。你是怎么做到的?”

 

Jerry replied, “Each morning I wake up and say to myself, ‘Jerry, you have two choices today.

杰瑞回答道:每天早晨我醒来后,都会对自己说,杰瑞,你今天有两个选择:

 

You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood.’ I choose to be in a good mood.”

 

你可以选择快乐,也可以选择痛苦。我会选择快乐。

 

“Yeah, right, it’s not that easy,” I protested.

我反对道:“是,是那样,但是没那么简单啊。”

 

“Yes it is,” Jerry said. “Life is all about choices.

杰瑞又说:其实就是这么简单,生活全部都是选择。

 

You choose how you react to situations.

你选择着如何对所处环境作出反应。

 

You choose how people will affect your mood.

你选择着身边的人们怎样影响你的情绪。

 

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood.

你选择着保持快乐或是痛苦。

 

It’s your choice how you live life.

如何生活也是你的选择。”

 

I reflected on what Jerry said.

我思考着杰瑞说的话。

 

Soon thereafter, I changed my job. We lost touch.

在那之后不久,我换了工作。我们就失去了联系。

 

Several years later, I heard that Jerry was robbed and was shot.

多年以后,我听说杰瑞遭遇了抢劫,还被子弹击中了。

 

I saw Jerry about six months after the accident.

意外后大概六个月的时候我见到了杰瑞。

 

When I asked him how he was, he replied, “I feel really good.”

我问他最近怎么样,他回答道:“我挺好的。”

 

I asked him what had gone through his mind when he was taken to the hospital.

我又问他当他被送往医院的时候,他在想些什么。

 

Jerry replied, The first thing came to my mind was that I should have closed the back door.

他回答道:我首先想到的就是我本应该关上后门的。

 

Then I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live, or I could to die. I choose to live.

然后我又想起我有两个选择:活下去或者死亡。然后我选择了活下去。”

 

Jerry continued, The nurse kept telling me I was going to be fine.

杰瑞继续说道:当时护士一直跟我说我一定会没事的。

 

But when they wheeled me into the emergency room and the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses scared me.

但是当她们把我推进急救室的时候,医生和护士们脸上的表情把我吓坏了。

 

In their eyes, I read, ‘He’s a dead man.’ I knew I needed to take action.

从他们的眼睛里,我看到好像在说,他是个死人。那时我知道我必须采取行动了。

 

“What did you do?” I asked.

“你做了什么?”我问。

 

“Well, a nurse asked if I was allergic to anything,” said Jerry, “‘Yes,’ I replied.

杰瑞说:一个护士问我有没有对什么东西过敏,然后我回答有。

 

The doctors and nurses were waiting for my reply…I took a deep breath and yelled, ‘Bullets!’

医生和护士们等着我的答复……我深呼吸了一下,大喊道,子弹!

 

Over their laughter, I told them, ‘ I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead.’”

在他们的笑声中,我告诉他们,我想要活下去,给我做手术吧。

 

Jerry lived thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude.

多亏医生的医术高明,也是因为杰瑞积极的生活态度,他活了下来。

 

I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live positively.

我从他身上学会了,每天我们都有选择快乐地生活的权利。

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论
  • 1565271woff

    Are you a Chinese?

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @1565271woff: you can guess!

  • Ashandis

    0.75倍速,跟读一遍

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @Ashandis:

  • Ashandis

    0.75倍速,跟读一遍

    Jerry的英语课堂 回复 @Ashandis:

  • 深深不息_

    这是真的吗?