How to Pronounce LITTLE - American English

How to Pronounce LITTLE - American English

00:00
08:55

In this American English pronunciation video, we're going to go over the pronunciation of the word 'little'.


在这个美国英语发音视频中,我们要来回顾一下"小"这个词的发音。


Because of the Flap T and the Dark L, the pronunciation of the word 'little' is pretty tough.


因为片状T和黑暗L,"小"这个词的发音相当难。


Thanks so much to those who suggested that I make a video on this topic.


非常感谢那些建议我制作关于这个话题的视频的人。


Yesterday, Tom and I had a long discussion about this word.


昨天,汤姆和我就这个词进行了长时间的讨论。


With each do something differently with our tongues when we pronounce it, and we both agree, it's incredibly hard to describe.


当我们发音时,每个人用我们的舌头做着不同的事情,我们都同意,很难形容。


The thing that makes this word so hard is the Flap-schwa-Dark L ending.


使这个词如此难的是Flap-schwa-Dark L的结尾。


Other words that end with this sound combination: battle, bottle, hospital, title, capital, total, metal, subtle, ladle, middle, model, pedal, noodle, cuddle, paddle.


其他词,以这个声音组合结束:战斗,瓶,医院,标题,资本,总,金属,微妙, 包, 中间, 模型, 踏板, 面条, 拥抱, 板.


A lot of words!


说了很多话!


So, we both decided, this is a really hard topic to teach.


所以,我们都决定,这是一个很难教的话题。


You're going to see some up close, slow motion footage of the mouth, and I'm going to do my best to describe what's happening.


你会看到一些近距离的,慢动作的镜头的嘴,我会尽我所能来描述发生了什么


In 'little' and all of the words I listed, this is an unstressed, ending syllable.


在"小"和我列出的所有词中,这是一个无压力的、结束音节。


So the syllable li- is stressed, and –ttle is unstressed.


因此,音节是有压力的,而"小"是无压力的。


That means it will be flatter and lower in pitch than the stressed syllable.


这意味着它将比强调音节更平坦,音高更低。


Li–ttle, –ttle, li-, –ttle.


利特,小,李,小。


Little, DA-da, little.


小,达达,小


We start with the L consonant.


我们从 L 辅音开始。


This is a Light L because it starts the syllable.


这是一个光L,因为它开始音节。


That means it's different from the second L, which is at the end of the second syllable, a Dark L. The Light L can be made two different ways.


这意味着它不同于第二个L,在第二个音节的末尾,一个黑暗的L。光L可以用两种不同的方式。


First, it can be made with the tip of the tongue at the roof of the mouth, ll, like this.


第一它可以用舌头尖在嘴的屋顶上,像这样。


Li-.


李.


Or, it can be made with the tongue tip coming through the teeth.


或者,它可以与舌头尖通过牙齿。


Ll, like this, li-.


就像这样,李.


In this case, it looks like the TH, but the tongue is not relaxed, letting the air vibrate it like it does for the TH. For this L, the tongue is a little stiff, ll, ll.


在这种情况下,它看起来像TH,但舌头不放松,让空气振动它像它为TH。对于这个L,舌头有点僵硬,ll,ll。


You'll see this L in the slow motion clip at the end of the video.


您将在视频末尾的慢动作剪辑中看到此 L。


The vowel in this stressed syllable is the IH as in SIT vowel.


此重音音中的元音是 IH,如 SIT 元音中。


A lot of people want to go towards EE, lee, lee-ttle, but we want IH, little – relax everything to get a more accurate vowel sound.


很多人想去EE,李,李小,但我们想要IH,小 - 放松一切,以获得更准确的元音。


Ih, li-.


Ih,Li-.


The tip of the tongue touches the back of the bottom front teeth, and the front part arches up towards the roof of the mouth, li, ih.


舌头尖接触下牙的后部,前部向嘴的屋顶拱起,李,我。


Notice how the pitch of my voice goes down.


注意我的声音音调是如何下降的。


Li-.


李.


This is the shape of a stressed syllable.


这是一个强调音节的形状。


Now we get to the tough part, the unstressed, second syllable.


现在我们进入艰难的部分,无压力的,第二个音节。


We have the Flap T followed by the schwa/Dark L sound.


我们有Flap T,然后是施瓦/暗L声。


Normally for the Flap T, the tongue bounces against the roof of the mouth and right back down.


通常对于 Flap T,舌头在嘴的屋顶上反弹,然后往下往下。


Uh-duh, uh-duh.


呃-杜,呃-杜


If this sounds like the R, that's because it is the same sound as the R in your native language.


如果这听起来像R,这是因为它的声音和你的母语中的R相同。


But the tongue does something a LITTLE different in this word, little.


但是舌头在这个词里做了一些不一样的事情,很少。


Tom describes making the Flap T in 'little' like this: The tongue does a little release, then goes right back to the roof of the mouth for the Dark L. So the tongue doesn't really do a full bounce for the flap, just a little release.


汤姆描述使片状T在"小"像这样:舌头做一点点释放,然后回到屋顶的黑L。因此,舌头并没有真正做一个完整的反弹的皮瓣,只是一点点释放。


I pronounce this a little differently.


我发音有点不同。


I don't release the tip of my tongue, I leave it right where it is at the roof of the mouth, li-ttle, uhl.


我不释放我的舌头尖,我把它留在嘴的屋顶上,小李,嗯。


Instead, I release the back part of the tongue, pulling it back like we do for the Dark L, while leaving the tip where it is.


相反,我释放舌头的背面,把它拉回来,就像我们做黑暗L,而离开尖端的地方,它。


Usually I make the dark sound of the Dark L with the tongue tip down, but in this sound sequence, I leave it up.


通常我发出黑暗的声音,用舌头向下,但在这个声音序列中,我让它离开。


I think you'll find, when you get the hang of it, that it makes the word easier to pronounce.


我想你会发现,当你得到它的窍门,它使这个词更容易发音。


Let's break it down and practice putting a break between the flap up and the Dark L. Litt-le, litt-le.


让我们把它分解,练习在皮瓣和黑暗L.Litt-le,lit-le之间休息。


The back part of the tongue releases down and back a little to make this dark sound, ul.


舌头的后部向下和后面释放一点,使这个黑暗的声音,ul。


Little, little.


小,小


Let's watch this word up close and in slow motion.


让我们近距离、慢动作地看这个词。


Here, my tongue comes through my teeth for the beginning L. The tongue tip slides down behind the bottom front teeth, and the teeth part.


这里我的舌头通过我的牙齿开始L。舌尖滑下底部前牙和牙齿部分。


The front part of the tongue arches up.


舌头的前部拱起。


This is the IH vowel.


这是IH元音。


Watch as the tongue tip goes to the roof of the mouth.


看着舌尖到嘴的屋顶上。


Now, of course you can't see it, but the back part of the pulls away and back to make the dark L sound, uul.


现在,你当然看不到它,但后部分拉走和回来,使黑暗的L声,uul。


And the tongue tip comes back down at the end of the word.


舌尖在词的末尾又回来了。


Let's watch again.


让我们再看一遍。


This word is very common in the phrase 'a little bit', where we have the schwa before, and the stressed syllable 'bit' after.


这个词在短语"一点点"中很常见,我们之前有schwa,和强调音节"位"之后。


The T at the end of 'bit' is going to be a Stop T, if the sentence ends there or if the next word begins with a consonant: >> Are you tired?


"位"末尾的 T 将是一个停止 T,如果句子以该句子结尾,或者下一个单词以辅音开头:*您累了吗?


>> A little bit or >> I'm a little bit frustrated.


* 有点或 * 我有点沮丧。


Those were both stop Ts, bit, where we don't, tt, make the final release, but just cut off the air for an abrupt stop.


这两个都是停止Ts,位,在那里我们没有,tt,使最终释放,但只是切断空气突然停止。


A little bit.


一点点。


The 't' at the end of 'bit' will be a Flap T if it's not the end of the sentence and the next word begins with a vowel or diphthong.


如果不是句子的结尾,并且下一个单词以元音或 diphthong 开头,则"位"末尾的"t"将是一个 Flap T。


For example: >> Tell me a little bit about that.


例如: * 告诉我一点关于这一点。


Bit-a-bout, bit about.


有点一点,有点左右。


Bit-a-, bit-a-, bit-a-.


位-一个,位-一个-,位-一个。


Here it's a flap, which sounds like the D between vowels in American English, and might sound like the R in your own native language.


这是一个皮瓣,听起来像美国英语中元音之间的D,听起来可能像你自己的母语中的R。


Bit a-, bit-a, bit-a, bit about.


位一,位-a,位-a,位约。


I hope this has given you an idea of how to practice this word.


我希望这给了你一个想法,如何实践这个词。


It's a very common word, so practice it a lot and get comfortable with it.


这是一个很常见的词,所以练习了很多,并适应它。


If there's a word or phrase you'd like help pronouncing, please put it in the comments below.


如果有一个词或短语,你想帮助发音,请把它放在下面的评论。


Are you signed up for my mailing list?


您是否已注册我的邮件列表?


If you are, you get a weekly email with English lessons and fun stories and photos from my day-to-day life.


如果你是,你每周收到一封电子邮件,包括英语课程和有趣的故事和照片,从我的日常生活。


It's absolutely free.


这是完全免费的。


Please sign up, it's a great way to keep in touch.


请注册,这是保持联系的好方法。


Either click here or look in the description below.


点击此处或查看下面的说明。


Also, I'm very pleased to tell you that my book is available for purchase.


此外,我很高兴地告诉你,我的书是可以购买的。


If you liked this video, there's a lot more to learn about American English pronunciation, and my book will help you step by step.


如果你喜欢这个视频,还有很多关于美国英语发音的学子,我的书会帮助你一步一步。


You can get it by clicking here, or in the description below.


您可以点击此处或下面的说明获取。


That's it, and thanks so much for using Rachel's English.


就这么,非常感谢她用瑞秋的英语。






以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!