In this American English pronunciation video, we're going to go over the pronunciation of the word 'important'.
在这个美国英语发音视频中,我们将对"重要"一词的发音进行回顾。
This is a tough word, and I've gotten lots of requests for it.
这是一个强硬的词,我收到了很多要求。
Thanks for putting in your request, I'm glad to do it for you.
谢谢你提出要求,我很高兴为你做。
I'm going to give you two different ways to pronounce this word.
我给你两种不同的发音方式。
Either one is okay, one is more common.
要么一个是好的,一个是更常见的。
Neither of them are what you'll find when you look in a dictionary.
当你看字典时,两者都不是你能找到的。
If you look in a dictionary, it says the pronunciation is: important.
如果你看字典,它说发音是:重要。
Important, with two fully pronounced True T's.
重要的是,有两个完全发音的True T。
Dictionaries haven't really caught up when it comes to the habits of Americans and the pronunciation of the letter T. 'Important' is way over-pronounced.
当涉及到美国人的习惯时,字典并没有真正跟上,字母T.'重要'的发音被过分了。
Check out the series Tom and made where we only used True T, no reductions, and no contractions by clicking here or in the description.
看看系列汤姆,并作出的地方,我们只使用真正的T,没有削减,和没有收缩点击这里或说明。
You'll see how unnatural it sounds.
你会看到它听起来多么不自然。
So the pronunciations we'll study today will involve Stop T's.
因此,我们今天要学习的发音将涉及停止T的。
The natural way to speak American English.
说美国英语的自然方式。
This is a three-syllable word with stress on the middle syllable: im-POR-nt, da-DA-da, important.
这是一个三音节,中间音节有强调:im-POR-nt,da-da-da,重要。
That means the middle syllable will have the up-down shape of stress and will be the loudest, longest, clearest syllable.
这意味着中间音节将具有上下应力的形状,并且将是最响亮、最长、最清晰的音节。
The first T comes in the pattern T-schwa-N. If you've seen my video on 'mountain', then you know this is a Stop T. Mount-ain, stop the air.
第一个 T 在模式 T-schwa-N 中。如果你看过我在"山"上的视频然后你知道这是一个停止T.山,停止空气。
Import-ant, stop the air.
进口蚂蚁,停止空气。
Don't make a True T sound, important.
不要发出真正的T声音,这很重要。
The second T can either be a Stop T or a True T: important or important.
第二个 T 可以是停止 T 或 True T:重要或重要。
Let's watch up close and in slow motion to see how these sounds are made.
让我们近距离观察,慢动作,看看这些声音是如何发出的。
The jaw drops just a little bit for the opening vowel, the IH as in SIT vowel.
下颚在开元音上只掉了一点点,IH 如 SIT 元音中一样。
The tongue tip is down and forward.
舌尖向下和向前。
Then the lips come together for the M sound.
然后嘴唇走到一起为M的声音。
The lips are in position for the P, closed.
嘴唇就位,P,关闭。
The next sound is the AW as in LAW sound.
下一个声音是 AW,就像 LAW 声音一样。
But when AW is followed by the R consonant, it is not a pure AW anymore.
但是,当AW跟在R辅音之后时,它不再是一个纯粹的AW了。
Instead of AW, it's aw, aw.
而不是AW,而是AW,啊。
My lips are rounding a bit more, AW, aw, and my tongue pulls back a little bit.
我的嘴唇又圆了一点,啊,啊,我的舌头拉了一点。
That brings the sound further back in my mouth.
这把声音进一步回到我嘴里。
–Po-, -po-, instead of aw, aw.
[波-,-波-,而不是aw,aw。
The reason is the R. The tongue pulls back and up for the R, so it's influencing this vowel.
原因是R.舌头拉回和向上的R,所以它影响了这个元音。
I'm blending the R position with the pure AW position to get impo-r-.
我混合R位置与纯AW位置得到impo-r-。
Let's see what this R-influenced AW vowel looks like.
让我们看看这个受R影响的AW元音是什么样子。
The lips release from the P into this modified AW. Notice how the lips are quite rounded—more rounded than in a pure AW vowel.
嘴唇从 P 释放到这个修改的 AW。注意嘴唇是如何相当圆润的——比纯AW元音更圆润。
Also, see how the inside of the mouth is dark.
此外,看看口腔内部是如何黑暗的。
We don't really see the tongue.
我们并没有真正看到舌头。
This is because it's pulling back.
这是因为它正在撤退。
Impo-.
伊姆波.
As the AW moves into the R consonant, the lips relax just a bit.
当AW进入R辅音时,嘴唇稍微放松一点。
The tip of the tongue is pulled back and up.
舌头尖被拉回和向上。
Remember that this is our stressed syllable, im-por-.
记住,这是我们强调的音节,不孔。
–Por-.
*波-
Make sure you give it some length, and that the pitch falls off, up-down, impor-.
一定要给它一些长度,并且音高脱落,向上下降,在内。
This is the character of a stressed syllable.
这是强调音节的特征。
Now we have another unstressed syllable.
现在我们有另一个无压力的音节。
The front, flat part of the tongue goes to the roof of the mouth for the N. Don't worry about making a clear schwa sound.
前面,扁平的舌头部分去屋顶的口为N.不要担心发出清晰的施瓦声音。
Go from the position of the R, with the tip pulled back and up, into the N, with the front of the tongue against the roof of the mouth.
从R的位置,与尖端拉回和向上,到N,舌头的前面对嘴的屋顶。
Stop the air for just a second before you make the N sound.
在发出 N 声音之前,停止空气一秒钟。
It's not "porant" , smooth, but –portant , with a Stop.
它不是"小孔",光滑,而是"港口",有停止。
Make this stop once your tongue is in position for the N. Portant. To finish, you can either stop the air at the end, important.
一旦你的舌头就位,就停止这个。完成,你可以在结尾停止空气,这很重要。
Or, you can make a True T, important, tt, tt.
或者,你可以做一个真正的T,重要,tt,tt。
Important, important.
重要,重要
Either way, we stop the first T. This word is tough, but watch this video several times, practice out loud, slowly, and I think you'll start to get the hang of it.
无论哪种方式,我们停止第一个T。这个词很硬但是看这个视频好几次,大声练习,慢慢地,我想你会开始抓住它。
If there's a word or phrase you'd like help pronouncing, put it in the comments below.
如果有一个词或短语,你想帮助发音,把它放在下面的评论。
Also, I'm happy to tell you my book, American English Pronunciation, is available for purchase.
此外,我很高兴地告诉你,我的书,美国英语发音,是可供购买。
If you want an organized, step-by-step resource to build your American accent, click here to get the book, or see the description below.
如果你想要一个有条理的,一步一步的资源来建立你的美国口音,点击这里获取这本书,或查看下面的描述。
I think you're going to love it.
我想你会喜欢的
That's it, and thanks so much for using Rachel's English.
就这么,非常感谢她用瑞秋的英语。
还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!