The New Year Story.新年故事

The New Year Story.新年故事

00:00
07:57

看英文原版动画

听正宗英美发音

2020安心宅家

和乔小妞一起听童话故事

——————

接下来的日子里

本版块由乔老爸全权接管

趣味故事 定期分享

希望大家喜欢哟



It was New Year's eve and Maurice was fast asleep in his bed

那是除夕夜,莫瑞斯在床上酣睡

Suddenly , there was a knock on his window

突然,有人敲他的窗户

he winced

他退缩了

Hey ! Maurice

嘿!莫里斯

come out with me !

跟我出去!

Come on ! Wake up !

加油!醒来!

Aaaahhhh

啊啊啊

But it is not even day yet

但现在还不是时候

and It Is so cold outside

外面很冷

Ohh

It is nearing dawn already

天已经快亮了

and we have lots of work to do !

我们有很多工作要做!

Who are you

你是谁

Work ? Who are you ?

工作吗?你是谁?

And what work do you want me to do at this hour ?

这个时候你想让我做什么工作?

I am the New Year .

我是新年。

And I have brought blessings for everyone

我给大家带来了祝福

But I am too little to pull the cart by myself .

但是我太小了,不能自己拉车。

Won't you come and help me ?

你愿意来帮助我吗?

I am so warm and cosy in my bed

我在床上是如此的温暖和舒适

And sleepy too

也困了

Do we have to go at this hour ?

我们必须在这个时候走吗?

Can't we wait till morning comes on properly ?

我们不能等到天亮吗?

I promise you , if you come with me now

如果你现在跟我来,我向你保证

you will feel happier than you have ever felt before

你会感到前所未有的快乐

Please come with me

请跟我来

Fine !

好的!

Maurice quickly got dressed

莫里斯迅速穿好衣服

and went out of his house to where the little New Year was waiting

于是他就走出家门,到那个等待着新年的地方去

Hert ! NIce cart

嘿!好漂亮的车

It reads

它上面写着

Love and Kindness

爱和善良

That feels good !

感觉真好!

Oh ! just come with me

哦!跟我来

and it will feel so much better

感觉会好很多

Would you please help me pull the cart ?

你能帮我拉一下车吗?

so , the New Year gave Maurice one of the ropes to help him pull the cart

新年给了莫里斯一根绳子帮他拉大车

and together they walked up the street thtough the snow to reach Joe's house

他们一起沿着大雪的街道走到乔的家

that is Joe’s house !

那是乔的房子!

He works in our garden

他在我们的花园里干活

He does not have any children

他没有孩子

in fact

事实上

he does not have any family

他没有任何家庭

Why are we going there

我们为什么要去那里

That is exactly why we are going there

这正是我们要去那里的原因

It is New Year . Should we not make a man feel thought of ?

今天是新年。难道我们不应该让一个人感到被思念吗?

Nobody deserves to spend the New Year's eve alone and lonely

没有人会独自一人过新年

That is true !

那是真的!

So what you want me to do ?

你想让我怎么做?

There is plenty of snow around his house .

他的房子周围有很多雪。

We won't be able to walk there

我们走不过去

Just shovel it , while I unload some of the blessings I have for him

把它铲了,我去给他送些祝福

Hmm ! Let 's see

嗯!让我们看

Maybe a new coat and a muffler ,

也许是一件新外套和一条围巾,

a warm New Year Dinner and a hearty breakfast ,

一顿温暖的新年晚餐和丰盛的早餐,

a new pair of shoes

一双新鞋

Those should be nice right ?

这些应该很好,对吧?

Dad just gave him his old coat

爸爸刚把他的旧外套给了他

But wouldn’t he or anyone like a new one , during the festive season ?

但在节日期间,他或其他人难道不喜欢一个新的吗?

Hmm ! Yes !

嗯!是的,对不起。

I think that the gifts you have thought of would be lovely

我想你想到的礼物一定很可爱

so Maurice shovelled the snow from in front of Joe's front door

莫里斯从乔的前门铲雪

while the little New Year off loaded the gifts and took them to Joe's house

放假的小男孩装好礼物,把它们送到乔家

Are we going to ring the bell ?

我们要按铃吗?

oh No

哦不

Why disturb him ?

为什么要打扰他?

We will just leave them in his living room

我们就把它们放在他的客厅里

So , the New Year climbed in through the window

于是,新年从窗口爬了进来

and left the gifts on Joe's table

把礼物放在乔的桌子上

When Maurice saw him do that

当莫瑞斯看到他那样做的时候

Maurice felt a kind of excitement he had never felt before

莫瑞斯感到一种前所未有的兴奋

Just the thought of how happy Joe would be to receive all the gifts

一想到乔收到所有的礼物会有多高兴

made Maurice' s heart spring with joy

莫瑞斯心中充满了喜悦

It was inexplicable

这是令人费解的

but it felt so beautiful !

但感觉太美了!

Next . the New Year headed towards Bessie's house

下一个。新年正向贝西家走去

That is Bessie's house

那是贝茜的房子

She sews for mother

她给妈妈做针线活

What are we going to give her ?

我们要给她什么?

Bessie has been sick for a few days

贝西病了几天了

A nice bunch of flowers and a chocolate on New Year' s day should make her happy

新年那天送一束漂亮的鲜花和一块巧克力应该会使她高兴

what you say ?

你说什么?

Yes ! That will be lovely

是的!那太好了

So , the New Year once again climbed in through the window

于是,新年又一次从窗口爬了进来

and put a bunch of the most beautiful pinks you have ever seen

放上一束你见过的最美的粉红色

and an enormous chocolate by Bess

还有一块巨大的巧克力

Maurice felt the same beautiful joy he had felt before ,

莫瑞斯感到了他以前所感到的那种美妙的快乐,

just at the thought of how happy the flowers

只是一想到那些花儿是多么快乐

and the chocolate will make Bessie

巧克力将使贝西

It was as though Maurice himself

莫瑞斯自己也一样

was being given the flowers and chocolate

是鲜花和巧克力吗

The New Year and Maurice

新年和莫里斯

roamed all over town ,

在城里游荡,

dropping off gifts to all kinds of people

给各种各样的人送礼物

somehow the New Year always knew exactly what blessings to give to each person

新年总是知道该给每个人什么祝福

But no matter how many gifts he gave ,

但不管他送了多少礼物

his cart would never get empty

他的车永远不会空

How come your cart is always full

为什么你的车总是满满的

no matter how many gifts you remove from it ?

不管你从中拿走多少礼物?

Aah ! Love and Kindness never decrease .

啊!爱和仁慈永远不会减少。

no matter how much you remove them

不管你怎么移除它们

The more love and kindness you give out

你给予的爱和善意越多

the more they increase and the more joy you feel

它们越多,你就越快乐

Maurice , Maurice , wake up !

莫里斯,莫里斯,醒醒!

Hmmm . What ?

嗯。什么?

It is New Year's morning Wake up dear

亲爱的,这是新年的早晨醒来

New Years morning

新年的早晨

Little New Year !

小新年!

The cart of love and kindness

爱和仁慈的马车

What ?

最怎样?

Happy New Year Mother !

新年快乐,妈妈!

The more love and kindness you give ,

你给予的爱和善意越多,

the more it increases and the more ioy you feel !

它增长得越多,你就越爱它!

Thank you for waking me up mother !

谢谢你叫醒我,妈妈!

You see I will make this New Year the most joyful year ever !

你看,我会让今年成为最快乐的一年!

Maurice got dressed

莫里斯穿好衣服

took the little money he had saved from his piggy bank

从他的存钱罐里拿了一些钱

also took a chocolate his uncle had given him and raced out of the house

也拿着他叔叔给他的巧克力跑出了房子

He could not afford to buy a coat

他买不起一件外套

but with his savingS , he bought eggs and pancakes from a bakery

但他用积蓄从一家面包店买了鸡蛋和煎饼

Oh ! Good morning Maurice

哦!早上好莫里斯

What brings you here

什么风把你吹来了?

Today is my day off you know

你知道,今天是我的休息日

I know , but I brought you something

我知道,但我给你带了点东西

A new year breakfast for you !

好的

I thought you would like some eggs

我以为你想要一些鸡蛋

and you had told me once that you like pancakes with honey and cinnamon

你曾经告诉过我你喜欢加蜂蜜和肉桂的薄煎饼

Gee ! I love pancakes with honey and cinnamon

哇!我喜欢加蜂蜜和肉桂的薄煎饼

This is so , so thoughtful of you !

你想得真周到!

It has been years since anybody ever thought of

已经有很多年没人想过了

what I would like and

我想要什么和

brought me that you know !

给我带来了你知道的!

This means so much !

这意味着很多!

Thank you !

谢谢你!

The little New Year was right

小新年是对的

Love and Kindness truly are the happiest things in the world

爱和善良确实是世界上最幸福的事情

Next . Maurice went to Bessie's house with the chocolate and flowers

下一个。莫瑞斯带着巧克力和鲜花去了贝茜家

Hey Maurice

嘿 莫里斯

Hi Bessie

你好贝西

How are you feeling ?

你感觉怎么样?

You must feel quite horrible being sick on New Year 's

新年生病的感觉一定很可怕

Aah ! Tell me about it

啊!告诉我

But it makes me feel so much better that someone would visit

但有人来访让我感觉好多了

I brought you this

我给你带来了这个

This is so sweet of you Maurice

你真是太好了,莫里斯

Thank you so much

非常感谢

Happy New Year Bessie

新年快乐贝西

And maybe I shall stop by later for a game of Ludo or something

也许过会儿我应该过来玩游戏什么的

Aah,that would be great

啊,那太好了

It really is so tiresome to just lie in bed and do nothing all day

整天躺在床上什么事也不做,真是太累人了

Bessie was so happy !

贝茜太高兴了!

And seeing her happy Maurice was even happier

看到她高兴,莫瑞斯更高兴了

from then on Maurice would extend love and kindness to all his friends

然后,莫瑞斯会向他所有的朋友表示爱和善意

and my , was he the happiest boy in town

我的天,他是镇上最快乐的男孩



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!