A: Are you alright? You don't seem to be as cheerful as you normally are.
你还好吧,你看起来没有平常那么开心。
B: To be honest, I've just had a really bad day.
老实说,我今天过得真是糟糕透了。
A: What happened?
出什么事了?
B: First, I slept through my alarm and ended up two hours late for work.
开始,我早上睡过头了,结果上班迟到了两个小时。
A: What did your boss say?
你上司怎么说?
B: He told me that if I showed up late one more time, he'd fire me. He's so mean.
他跟我说,如果我在迟到一次就把我炒了,他实在是太不近人情了。
A: That's horrible. Was that the first time you'd shown up late to work?
真糟糕,就是你第一次上班迟到吗?
B: That was my second time. The first time, I was in a car accident.
这是第二次,第一次是我出的车祸。
A: Is your boss Chinese?
你的上司是中国人吗?
B: No, he's from Australia. Before I met him, I thought Australians were supposed to be relaxed and easy-going. I had no idea he'd be so fussy about things.
不,他是澳大利亚人。和他共事以前,我一直认为澳大利亚人都是性格随和,很好相处的,我不知道为什么他待人这么苛刻。
A: What are you going to do?
那接下来你打算怎么办?
B: I think I'm going to look for another job. I need to find a boss that is a bit more sensitive and optimistic than my current boss.
我想换份工作,找一个比现在这个上司更通情达理的。
A: That sounds like a sensible plan. Do you want me to help you with your job search?
这个想法挺明智的,需要我帮你找工作吗?
B: That's very kind of you. Thanks for the offer.
你实在是太好了,谢谢你愿意帮忙。
A: Don't mention it. That's what friends are for.
没什么,这才是朋友嘛。
我听过的最好的👍
朗读学习者 回复 @7cynbmagg3emvp4j5zds: 听过几个其他人的,都听不下去,这个天天听,坚持3个月了..
很喜欢
背景音乐🎶好好听,有没有同感支持下
希望和以前一样,一句汉语,一句英语,最后英语连读。每半年或一年出一个英语连读就更加方便了。
越来越好_u0j 回复 @云卷云舒郑州: You are so fussy about our Emily teacher you are so mean
你的声音很好,怪不得这么多人挺你
英语主播Emily 回复 @Ting现真知: 谢谢您的支持!!
She is fussy about her food. My boss is fussy about our work.
再结合讲解一下时态就更棒啦
Emily 的发音太标准了。怎么做到的?
打卡打卡 谢谢美女直播
一直在追更新
英语主播Emily 回复 @浪子_ry7: 感谢您的支持呢~