49晚安|发现

49晚安|发现

00:00
02:14


The word “discovery” literally means, uncovering something that’s hidden from view.

发现一词,字面上是指揭开某种视线以外的隐藏的事物。

But what really happens is a change in the viewer.

不过其实是观察者自身发生了变化。

The familiar offers comfort few can resist, and fewer still want to disturb.

很少人能抗拒熟悉事物带来的舒适,愿意扰乱这种舒适的人更少。

But as relatively recent inventions such as the telescope and microscope have taught us, the unknown has many layers.

然而,正如望远镜、显微镜这些较为近期的发明所揭示给我们的,求知事物具有多种层次。

Every truth has geological strata, and you can’t have an orthodoxy without a heresy.

每个事实都有地质层次,没有异端也就无所谓正统。

The moment a newborn opens its eyes, discovery begins.

新生儿睁开双眼的那一刻起,发现也就开始了。

I learned this with a laugh one morning after delivering a calf.

我是在一天清晨给一头小牛犊接生的时候突然意识到这一点的,不禁大笑。

When it lifted up its fluffy head and looked at me, its eyes held the absolute bewilderment of the newly born.

小牛仰起毛茸茸的脑袋看着我,目光中透出这个新生命对世界的一无所知。

A moment before it had the even black nowhere of the womb, and suddenly its world was full of colour, movement and noise.

片刻前,它还呆在母体里某个黑暗而平静的地方,突然,它的世界变得五光十色,变得活泼而喧闹。

I’ve never seen anything so shocked to be alive.

我从未见过任何东西在获得生命时是如些的惊异。



晚安,好梦~


如果觉得音频对你有所帮助,

欢迎点赞并且转发给身边的好友。

关注【志念优课】公众号,英语学习第一站!



以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!