老人与海64 文本已添加

老人与海64 文本已添加

00:00
04:11

64

"He waseighteen feet from nose to tail," the fisherman who was measuring himcalled.

“它从鼻子到尾巴有十八英尺长,"那量鱼的渔夫叫道。

"I believeit," the boy said.

“我相信,”孩子说。

He went into theTerrace and asked for a can of coffee.

他走进露台饭店,去要一罐咖啡。

"Hot and withplenty of milk and sugar in it. "

“要烫,多加些牛奶和糖在里头。”

"Anythingmore?"

“还要什么?”

"No.Afterwards I will see what he can eat. "

“不要了。过后我再看他想吃些什么。”

"What a fishit was," the proprietor said. "There has never been such a fish.Those were two fine fish you took yesterday too. "

“多大的鱼呀,"饭店老板说。"从来没有过这样的鱼。你昨天捉到的那两条也满不错。”

"Damn myfish," the boy said and he started to cry again.

“我的鱼,见鬼去,"孩子说,又哭起来了。

"Do you wanta drink of any kind?" the proprietor asked.

“你想喝点什么吗?"老板问。

" No, "the boy said. " Tell them not to bother Santiago. I'll be back. "

“不要,”孩子说。“叫他们别去打扰圣地亚哥。我就回来。”

"Tell him howsorry I am. "

“跟他说我多么难过。”

"Thanks,"the boy said.

“谢谢,”孩子说。

The boy carriedthe hot can of coffee up to the old man's shack and sat by him until he woke.

孩子拿着那罐热咖啡直走到老人的窝棚,在他身边坐下,等他醒来。

Once it looked asthough he were waking. But he had gone back into heavy sleep and the boy hadgone across the road to borrow some wood to heat the coffee.

有一回眼看他快醒过来了。可是他又沉睡过去,孩子就跨过大路去借些木柴来热咖啡。

Finally the oldman woke.

老人终于醒了。

"Don't situp. " the boy said. "Drink this. " He poured some of the coffeein a glass.

“别坐起来,”孩子说。"把这个喝了。"他倒了些咖啡在一只玻璃杯里。

The old man tookit and drank it.

老人把它接过去喝了。

"They beatme, Manolin," he said. "They truly beat me. "

“它们把我打败了,马诺林,"他说。"它们确实把我打败了。”

"He didn'tbeat you. Not the fish. "

“它没有打败你。那条鱼可没有。”

"No. Truly.It was afterwards. "

“对。真个的。是后来才吃败仗的。”

"Pedrico islooking after the skiff and the gear. What do you want done with thehead?"

“佩德里科在看守小船和打鱼的家什。你打算把那鱼头怎么着?”

"Let Pedricochop it up to use in fish traps. "

“让佩德里科把它切碎了,放在捕鱼机里使用。”

"And thespear?"

“那张长嘴呢?”

"You keep itif you want it. "

“你要你就拿去。”

"I wantit," the boy said. "Now we must make our plans about the otherthings. "

“我要,”孩子说。"现在我们得来商量一下别的事情。”

"Did theysearch for me?"

“他们来找过我吗?”

"Of course.With coast guard and with planes. "

当然啦。派出了海岸警卫队和飞机。”

以上内容来自专辑
用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!