Invictus
 579

Invictus

00:00
02:57

“公主”号:MT英语(ID:mtkouyu)

专辑:【学英语看世界】

主播:Malcolm


主播介绍 :

Malcolm,澳洲人,大学教授。数十年英语教学经验,曾在上海生活、教书七年。他也是钢琴家、足球教练。


电台文本:

Hi everyone, this is Malcolm. The next poem, I’m going to read to you, it’s called Invictus. I-n-v-i-c-t-u-s, it’s a latin word, that means in English the translation is unconquered. In other words, in the sense of this poem, it means it’s doesn’t matter what happens to me and I will remain my dignity and remain unconquered.

大家好,我是Malcolm。我要给你们读的下一首诗,叫做《不可征服》。I-n-v-i-c-t-u-s,这是一个拉丁词,在英语中翻译为“不可征服”。换句话说,就是发生在我身上的一切都无关紧要,我将保持我的尊严,不被征服。

 

What’s interesting about this poem which was written by William Ernest Henley, a English poet in 1875, he lived in from 1849 to1993. 

这首诗出自英国诗人威廉·欧内斯特·亨利,写于1875年。威廉·欧内斯特·亨利是一位著名的英国诗人,他生活于1849年到1993年之间。


What’s interesting is that the very famouse or probably the most famous south Arifan person, that is Nelson Mandela who went on to lead the country after been castrated in jail, mostly in robben island off the coast of South Africa, he lived in jail for totally 17 years. And he set his worst and darkest moment during his castration. This poemInvictuswas his constant source of comfort and solus. Here it is, Invictus.

有趣的是,这首诗给南非最著名的领导人纳尔逊·曼德拉带去了慰藉。曼德拉在监狱里被阉割,经历了最糟糕和最黑暗的时刻,他在监狱里生活了整整17年,而这首诗歌给了他不断的慰藉。这就是,不可征服。

 

Out of the night that covers me,
透过覆盖我的深夜,


Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
我看见层层无底的黑暗。


I thank whatever gods may be
感谢上帝曾赐我,


For my unconquerable soul.
不可征服的灵魂。


In the fell clutch of circumstance
就算被地狱紧紧攫住,


I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我不会畏缩,也不惊叫。


Under the bludgeoninmgs of chance
经受过一浪又一浪的打击,


My head is bloody, but unbowed.
我满头鲜血都不低头。


Beyond this place of wrath and tear
在这满是愤怒和眼泪的世界之外,

 

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
恐怖的阴影在游荡。


And yet the menace of the years
还有,未来的威胁,


Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
可我是毫不畏惧的。


It matters not how strait the gate,
无论我将穿过的那扇门有多窄,


How charged with punishments the scroll,

无论我将肩承怎样的责罚。


I am the master of my fate:
我是命运的主宰,


I am the captain of my soul.

我是灵魂的统帅。

 

I hope you enjoy that and you can hear inspirational.  Thank you and until next time.

我希望你喜欢那首诗,希望你能听到鼓舞人心的声音。谢谢大家,下次再见。


用户评论

    还没有评论,快来发表第一个评论!