S01E10
Scene 1
It's the beginning of the holiday season,
节日季开始了
and with all the potential Christmas cupcakes
到时候没准会需要圣诞小蛋糕
and festive gift baskets,
和节日礼品篮
you're gonna need as much help as you can get.
你会需要一个帮手的
Festive holiday gift baskets?
节日礼品篮
No way.
不要
I'm not into all that crap.
我才不想掺和进这些破玩意儿
Oh, no. Are you gonna be one of those,
别啊 难道你是那种
"I am too cool to believe in the wonders of Christmas" type of bitches?
"我成熟到不再相信圣诞节的神奇"的贱人吗
I am so many types of bitches,
我是很多种类型的贱人
I've lost count.
多到我数不过来
And the only wonder of Christmas I'm aware of is...
我唯一注意到的圣诞奇迹是
I wonder how you're gonna keep up that attitude
我好奇[奇迹]你这种心态是否能
through Christmas this year.
保持到今年的圣诞节
Why, because this is my first holiday without any money?
为什么 因为这是我第一次一贫如洗地过节吗
Uh, yeah.
正是如此
Money isn't what makes the holidays special, Max.
节日的特别不是靠钱堆砌出来的 麦克斯
Uh, yeah.
正是如此
The holidays are totally about money.
节日完全是靠钱堆砌出来的
It's about spending money to buy things
花钱买东西
to stuff into the giant black sucking hole
来塞进我们心中那个
in the center of each of us that reminds us
深不见底的黑洞 以此来提醒我们
life is hard and then we die.
在死之前 日子都不会好过
And that's my Christmas card.
这就是我圣诞卡的祝语
Max, I'm aware this holiday season will be challenging,
麦克斯 我知道这个节日季节会不好过
will I miss my 20-foot Christmas tree
我会想念我们家由十位男同精心布置的
decorated by ten gay men? Yes.
高达二十英尺的圣诞树吗 会
Will I miss those ten gay men
我会想念十位男同在我表弟斯蒂芬
outing my cousin Steven before he was ready? No.
做好心里准备前就逼他出柜吗 不会
My holiday spirit is bigger than my money.
我的节日精神更胜我的钱
Scene 2
These high-end mixers are a lot of money.
这些高端搅拌器真贵
I thought if we came to a big department store,
我以为如果来家大商店
there'd be a lot of them, and the prices would be better.
不但种类齐全 价格也会合理
We can't afford these.
结果我们全买不起
How much did you think they'd be?
那你觉得应该是多少钱
I don't know.
我不知道
I guess I'm not used to looking at prices.
我可能不习惯看价签
I usually just point, pout, and it's purchased.
我通常是用手一指 嘴一撅 就手到擒来了
Yeah, I had a version of that, only it was more like,
对 我有另一个版本的 只不过更像是
point, and when they look the other way,
用手一指 当店员看向别处
stuff steaks down your pants and run.
赶紧把东西塞进裤裆 然后立马开溜
Come on, there has to be a mixer here we can afford.
拜托 肯定有咱们可以买得起搅拌器
There is.
的确有这个
A $5 spoon? That's what we can afford?
五块钱的勺子 我们就只买得起这个吗
Yeah, if we put it on layaway, work hard for a few years.
是啊 买这个只需要分期付款 努力干个几年...
I'm used to being poor around your stuff,
在你想要的东西附近 我很习惯"买不起"
but not around stuff that I want.
可在我想要的东西前 我不想穷啊
What happened to all your "money's not important"
你那"钱不是万能"的
holiday spirit now?
节日精神跑哪儿去了
Max, it feels like you want me
麦克斯 怎么感觉是你想让我
to be depressed about the holidays.
对节日感到沮丧
No, no. I'm just saying that it's okay for you
不 不 我只是说如果你没那感觉
not to be all up and everything around me
就不用装出一副积极向上的样子
if you're not feeling it.
没关系啊
It's all right to let your dark side out.
露出你的阴暗面没有关系
Interested to join our English Wechat Group?
想加入传说中 氛围最好,内容最充实 的口语wx群吗??
plz add WeChat:aojun717,请报暗号:空中英语角
群活动包括: 主播A小君 + 英国老师 主持热门话题Topic Discussion,在线Q&A, 英语读书会,每日晨读,翻译与听力练习......
还包括更多英语学习资源分享,以及邂逅世界各地厉害的小伙伴哟~
我们为您搭建一个anywhere、anytime都可以参与的空中英语角,
早一天加入,早一天真正突破自己!
(亲亲)
坚持收听就有收获
坚持收听就有收获
vx公众号:美剧笔记Dramaon加入口语微信群,获取文字版美剧笔记~学英语应该是件有乐趣的事情~了解这种乐趣,你可以从听《美剧笔记》系列开始~点击我的头像,...
全网点击上亿大网文丨我的极品老婆>>>>>>限时免费中「内容简介」:家族破产的沐雪晴只不过是和朋友打赌去夜店消费。谁知道却惹上了一个极其霸道的男人,一夜之后,...
高频口语,提升口语
「破产书店」是单向空间推出的一档新播客,这里收集了一些不愿顺流而下的人。我们将寻找生活新样本的实践者,彼此袒露,诚实交谈。关于人生的近距离脱靶,或是在裂缝处升起...
主要人物:方舟简介:创业失败,兄弟背叛,老婆出轨……无数噩耗接踵而来,方舟一夜之间跌入谷底,成为人人喊打的过街老鼠。面对命运的玩笑,他咬牙背负起重担。今天你对...
奇速英语口语官方公众号(aqs0168),一年365天,每天15分钟,组团抵抗懒癌,听读结合,坚持学习打卡!全国最大的英语口语学习社群--奇速英语口语,等你加入...
雅思口语考试高频题库的音频材料。由中国雅思名校-广州雅思英语学校汇编上传,供广大雅思考生参考。如需纸质口语考试试题及答案、口语考试原文,在线测试等及雅思机经预测...