Alright, everyone looking forward, please.
请大家都朝我这边看。
Good morning , year elevens.
早上好,11年级的同学们。
Today’s assembly is about the start of a journey.
今天的集会是关于一段新的开始。
The start of the rest of your lives.
它将开启你们今后的余生。
In 2 years time all of you will be finishing your A levels.
再过两年,你们就会完成A levels的学业。
In 3 yeas time you’ll be studying across the world, studying at the university of your choice.
再过三年,你们就会去到自己想去的国家,上自己想上的大学。
In 5 years time you’ll have started your careers.
再过五年,你们就会开启自己的职业生涯。
Many of you will be in this room working for the top institutions across the globe.
你们在座的很多同学会进入世界顶尖公司工作。
You will then get married, you then may buy a house.
然后你们会结婚,买房。
In 10 years time your life will be set for you.
十年之后,你的人生就会安定下来。
In 15 years you’ll be 30 and from then on your path, your life will be set.
再过十五年,你就三十岁了,你的人生轨迹就会定型。
I’m sorry, Mr.Headmaster, let me tell you why that approach may fail you.
抱歉,校长,我想告诉你为什么你的这些话是错的。
I know people who graduated at 21 and didn’t get a job until they were 27.
有的人21岁毕业,到27岁才找到工作。
I know people who graduated late at 25 and they found work immediately.
有的人25岁才毕业,但马上就找到了工作。
I know people who never went to university, but found what they love at 18.
有的人没上过大学,却在18岁就找到了热爱的事。
I know people who found a job straight out of college making decent money, but hate what they do.
有的人毕业就找到好工作,赚很多钱,却过得不开心。
I know people who took gap years and found their purpose.
有的人选择间隔年,去寻找自我。
I know people who were so sure about what they were going to do at 16, they change their mind at 26.
有的人在16岁就清楚知道自己要什么,但在26岁时改变了想法。
I know people who have children but are single, and I know people who are married but had to wait 8 to 10 years to have children.
有的人有了孩子,却还是单身。有的人结了婚,却等了10年才生孩子。
I know people in relationships who love someone else.
有的人身处一段感情,爱的却是别人。
I know people who love each other but aren’t together.
有的人明明彼此相爱,却没有在一起。
So my point is everything in life happens according to our time, our clock.
我想说的是,人生中的每一件事都取决于我们自己的时间。
You may look at some of your friends and think that they’re ahead of you, maybe some of them you feel are behind, but everything happens at their own pace.
你身边有些朋友也许遥遥领先于你。有些朋友也许落后于你,但凡事都有它自己的节奏。
They have their own time and clock and so do you.
他们有他们的节奏,你有你自己的。
Be patient.
耐心一点。
At age 25, Mark Cuban was a bartender in Dallas.
库班25岁的时候还在酒吧做酒保。
It took till 32 for J.K.Rowling to be published for Harry Potter after being rejected by 12 publishers.
在被拒12次之后,JK罗琳到32岁才出版了哈利波特。
Ortega launched ZARA when he was 39.
Ortega 到39岁才创办了ZARA。
Jack Ma started Alibaba when 35.
马爸爸35岁才建立了阿里巴巴。
Morgan Freeman got his big break at 52.
摩根佛里曼到52岁才迎来他演艺事业的大爆发。
Steve Carell only got his break after40 yeas old.
Steve Carell 40岁才红。
Virgin was started by Richard Branson at 34.
Richard Branson 34岁才创办维珍航空。
Getting your degree after 25 is still an achievement.
25岁后才拿到文凭,依然值得骄傲。
Not being married at 30 but still happy is beautiful.
30岁没结婚,但过得快乐也是一种成功。
Starting a family after 35 is still possible and buying a house after 40 is still great.
35岁之后成家也完全可以,40岁买房也没什么丢脸的。
Don’t let anyone rush you with their time lines.
不要让任何人扰乱你的时间表。
Because as Einstein said, “ Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that’s counted truly counts.”
因为爱因斯坦曾经说过:并不是每一件算的出来的事,都有意义,也不是每一件有意义的事,都能够被算出来。
And this is the most important thing, I want you to be able to create meaningful, purposeful fulfilling lives for yourselves and learn how to use that to make an impact and a difference in the lives of others.
这才是最重要的事,我希望你们可以创造属于自己的充满意义的人生,我希望你们可以创造属于自己的充满意义的人生。学会用这些去影响点亮他人的生活。
That will be true success.
这才是真正的成功。
字幕呢